Square Orange Games

banshee

I've been waiting for 3 month and it is really hard to get a reply from them. I wouldn't recommend ordering there, as they definitely have some issues right now and it could well happen that you won't get your order (as the case with some of my orders).

I've tried calling a number of times, but no reply. I know he had some personal issues back in June which kept him away from the business for a while but this is ridiculous and simply ignoring us all will not resolve the issues. I have raised a dispute with Paypal now and would recommend that if you have qualifying orders outstanding that you do the same.

I've tried calling a number of times, but no reply. I know he had some personal issues back in June which kept him away from the business for a while but this is ridiculous and simply ignoring us all will not resolve the issues. I have raised a dispute with Paypal now and would recommend that if you have qualifying orders outstanding that you do the same.

To bad, but I've done this to. It's a shame as I liked this shop.

got some Eden from them a few months back no problem at all, delivered super quick......been waiting on another order for a couple of months now :( Sam actually responded to my emails for a couple of days about a fortnight ago, assuring me my stuff was coming in a big restock....but since then nothing........:(

from my experience, when you open a dispute after 45 days, all they do is notify the seller. They may keep track and put some other form of control over it, but i'm not sure about that.

I'm rather annoyed by it, I've tried having a look at contacting trading standards about it, but their website isn't the easiest thing to navigate. I doubt anything would happen either but it might be worth a shot.

I somewhat doubt we're likely to get anything back unless Sam suddenly decides to start paying attention to the website/ his email etc again. As he seems to be ignoring all email and phone communication, this is unlikely.

I've done some digging and it would appear that whilst the VAT registration number is valid, there is no registration of a company by the name of Square Orange Games or anything similar in the right postal area. Sam is not registered as the director of a company which would suggest that he's operating as a sole trader. I'm not sure if any of this helps us except to say that his address is available on the website and through his VAT registration number so snail mail contact might be an option or even a visit if anyone lives local to him.

Whilst I don't expect that I'll see any return on my money at this stage, it would seem that the least anyone in authority could do would be to shut down the website. Currently, unsuspecting consumers could order and pay for items via Paypal that are never going to be seen. Trading Standards could be worth a shot to at least achieve closing down the website. The more of us that make a complaint to Trading Standards about this the better I would suggest.

If he is a sole trader then he is completely responsible for any goods or services provided and to take our money without receipt of those goods is theft and can be prosecuted for.

Thankfully I am not in that position but we had a great rapport with him for a while. Such a shame. I will be removing any links to his sites from all of mine.

D.

It is a shame....thought I'd found a reliable online store that offered great value for money! Had one order go through quickly and easily and now this....:(

Maybe if we all complain to paypal they will have to investigate and possibly remove their connection with him?

I think legal channels are the only way forward since Paypal doesn't do squat after a certain time has elapsed. Sadly it will be small claims which may end up costing more than you get back.

Try Arcane / Maelstrom or Wayland. Have had mixed results with each but Arcane seems pretty good at the minute.

D.

Hi, shame to see this about Square Orange, I've also had problems with them though Sam has been great to deal with they seam to be a little unreliable.

On another note, has anyone dealt with Southpaw Art & Design - the Advanced Deployment guys? I've ordered from them but I'm having trouble getting a email from them. I was told the product has shipped by an automated email from paypal 2 weeks ago but I've seen nothing yet. Does anyone have any experience in dealing with them?

Sorry, I have no knowledge of Southpaw Art and Design.

I've contacted Citizens Advice regarding Square Orange. They can be contacted in the UK on 08454 040506. They have advised me to send a letter by recorded delivery advising Sam that he is in breach of contract. They have a list of bullet points for the letter which can be found here

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_making_a_complaint_e/consumer_dealing_with_the_trader_e/written_complaint_-_checklist.htm

I would urge any of you with outstanding items to contact Citizens Advice and ask them to pass the complaint on to Trading Standards. Currently the website is open for business that it appears will not be honoured.

It's a terrible shame that it has come to this as we have all enjoyed trading with this company and whilst I don't want it to become personal, it is apparent that a number of people may be out of pocket.

Some friends have ordered and received figures from Square orange. Maybe they were lucky and Sam had them in stock?

I have removed all advertising of his and started using Arcane since they seem pretty good at sending stuff listed as 'In Stock'

D.

• 3 months later...

No problems, Square Orange Games are still with us and going strong, spoke to Sam today 28th Nov 2012, it appears though he has been the victim of a lot of false malicious postings. He does great deals for clubs and I have bought stuff off him since he started, he is a real honest guy if you have a problem he will fix it so please don't put this guy out of business by posting comments until you have either spoken to him or emailed him.