Favorite Effigy and Reason Why?

Just wondering what everyone thinks out there is the Best Effigy and Why? Which Masters work the best with each Effigy and anybody have any tricks up there sleeves for these guys.

I'm a Neverborn Guy with Zoraida, Collodi and also have a Resser's Seamus Crew, trying to find best Effigy to work with these Guys.

Edited by Go Canucks Go

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Depends who your playing with. As guild i do like the idea of the Brutal Effigy for his healing spell (NB can also ofc steal this) For Zoraida my friend says arcane is the best for the extra cast action, and the extra card. Carrion is again good with NB as you can steal corps counters to heal your crew with for the use of 1 action on the effigy and everyone within 4" can sac a counter to heal. Great to deprive the corps hungry ressurs of their counters :)

If i had to say a best effigy, i would probably go with the Arcane simply for the extra card, as the rest all have uses depending on who you are with.

They can all have their uses, and I like them all in different roles.

I like hodgepodge the best at the moment though. Ability to ignore armour (or other things) is good, looking at opponent's cards is good. His defensive trigger has been great for me too. Good all-round model for 4 points.

I voted for the Arcane Effigy by far. An extra AP for my Master plus a vicious little bodyguard? Yes please.

The Brutal Effigy is handy too. A cheap healer with decent combat is well worth 4 soulstones.

The Hodgepodge I bought and think is beautiful, but the more I look at it, the less I want to field it. It has lackluster melee and ranged, and its special Joker powers all seem like a lot of price for only a little card manipulation. I just can't imagine that I will ever want to field it instead of a Rotten Belle, Slop Hauler, Freikorpsmann, or (for an extra Soulstone) Stitched Together, depending on the Master in question. It seems fine, just lacks the punch for the price.

I don't own the Carrion Effigy or Mysterious Effigy. Both of them seem useful in some situations for some opponent. Removing immunities and Cheating face-down seem handy. More than the Hodgepodge, just not as much as the Brutal or Arcane.

I love carrion effigy! Hes so durable, versatile and useful I just dont know why no one else votes for him. I mean come on look at his stat line, amazing compared to every other effigy. His abilities synergize so well, i mean he can remove immunities from anything close enough to kill him next activation. Like all resser models he is decently tough to take down, that h2k really keeps him alive and kicking, best of all he doesnt drop a corpse counter or anything so I dont have to worry about walking over to pick it up. Carrion effigy is best effigy the same way north korea is best korea!

I haven't actually used my effigies much yet, but I like ol' HP the best. His defensive trigger is really irritating and his knife, while not particularly powerful, can adapt to your opponent's weaknesses.

I also happen to like that he looks like something Marilyn Manson wishes he'd thought of first.

I like the Carrion Effigy as well- If nothing else, Wk 5 Flight in addition to his debuff and healing abilities are pretty nice together.

Huh, when did the Brutal Effigy get so popular?

When it became a Melee Expert healer that also has a chance of giving Slow, I think. It's a fantastic bodyguard that costs only four stones, and I don't think I've played a game with it where it didn't deal some damage and heal some guys before it got taken down. I adore my Brutal Effigy; really become disinclined to bother with a totem. (Effigy is even more the way to go when taking the avatar option, since attached totems disappear when you manifest.)

Definitely Arcane. Extra card in hand for Zoraida, Collodi and the Dreamer without taking a totem, an extra AP for each of them and a decent gun on top of it all. Ok. I'm in.

(Lilith and Pandora I don't mention since they seem to be just fine taking a totem. However, it does free things up. At some point, I plan to grab aLilith which means Primordial Magic is getting kicked to the curb for this little buddy every time. Pandora I still need to play to pass judgment on totem vs effigy for her)

Oh, and Arcane is a sweet little model too. That never hurts.

Definitely Arcane. Extra card in hand for Zoraida, Collodi and the Dreamer without taking a totem, an extra AP for each of them and a decent gun on top of it all. Ok. I'm in.

(Lilith and Pandora I don't mention since they seem to be just fine taking a totem. However, it does free things up. At some point, I plan to grab aLilith which means Primordial Magic is getting kicked to the curb for this little buddy every time. Pandora I still need to play to pass judgment on totem vs effigy for her)

Oh, and Arcane is a sweet little model too. That never hurts.

Zoriadia with out a totem, are you crazy

Also Neverborn can have as many effigies as they want and still have a totem

Cause that's how we roll

Zoriadia with out a totem, are you crazy

Also Neverborn can have as many effigies as they want and still have a totem

Cause that's how we roll

Am I mistaken in thinking that if Zoraida takes a totem I cannot create a Voodoo Doll? I am shaky on a lot of Malifaux rules but I thought you can only attach one totem at any time unless you have a rule that lets you have more (such as the Dreamer's Daydreams). Because I thought that I had to take no totem so I could use my Voodoo Doll, making the Effigy even more attractive. Especially considering I want to get her Avatar because it looks like so much fun and I can only imagine how much fun the Effigy lets me get up to. Or no good. I get those two confused a lot.

Am I mistaken in thinking that if Zoraida takes a totem I cannot create a Voodoo Doll? I am shaky on a lot of Malifaux rules but I thought you can only attach one totem at any time...

That's what I've always heard. So if she takes a totem, it has to die before she can attach a Voodoo Doll.