Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hello all. I have been wargaming for a few years and have played both Gdub and Privateer Press games. I have been interested in Malifaux for some time and I am being more and more drawn to skirmishing games. I like the premise of using decks instead of dice and the more I read the more I like when it comes to the Malifaux story line. Still deciding on a first crew and all that but figured I would introduce myself all the same.

Hello! I'm Angela. Living in Northern VA. My boyfriend and I are just starting Malifaux. He's a big Warhammer 40k fan. I'm starting with Lilith and he's starting with Perdita! I sense epic battles on the horizon...

Looking to make some new friends! And to learn more about this game. I'm only halfway through the Core book.

Sup all. Just getting my feet wet with Malifaux, but a longtime tabletop enthusiast, both for miniatures gaming and pencil/paper RPGs.

My wife and I have a bit of interest in Malifaux and are going to give it a go. Our local gaming store (Long Beach, CA) is mainly based around Pathfinder RPGs, WarMachine and WH40K/WHFB so we're going t see if we can drum up a bit of interest with a couple of games demo'ing the Redchapel Gang vs. Death Marshals, there on-site.

Should be fun, and I'm VERY much looking forward to painting these miniatures once they're ordered and arrive.

Hi folks,

I'm sssk. I've been playing puppet wars for a little while now (can't wait for the new plastic version of it), but have never voyaged into the world of malifaux... until now. I won't go into the gory details of my gaming past, suffice to say I'm a convert from GW (though I haven't played any GW games for a good 2 or 3 years now). I've been listening to various podcasts recently (Malifools, cheated fates, a bit of gamers lounge, and I've just started on the aethervox) which inspired me to give it a go.

I've picked up a bunch of Marcus stuff; marcus, Myranda, jackalope, 2 razorspines, a sabertooth cerberus, 3 molemen, and a hoarcat pride, and hopefully I'm going to get some intro games from Ninjahamster in the near future.

I'm still trying to figure out the colour scheme to go with, I'm thinking blue and yellow... or possibly purple and yellow... or green and yellow.... so I guess I can make a start on the yellow parts.

So that's me.

Hi, carvincustom here. Decided to get into Malifaux yesterday because I needed a painting fix, the models look good, and the game is cheap. Ended up with Viktorias because me LGS is remodeling and all the crews were packed in boxes so I asked for the first one I remembered, probably going to get Lady Justice later this week. Looking forward to picking up the rules (LGS didn't have them in) and finding some games.

Hi my name is Marc, also go by reaper2zero. Been playing miniature games for a while. I started with 40k about 8 year ago, and more recently Warmachine and Hordes, which I play frequently.

I was looking for a new game to delve into, and decided on Malifaux. I love the look of the models and the fact that I don't seem to need boatloads of models to play. Also no dice was a neat concept.

Looking forward to playing when my models arrive, have to order from overseas as nobody in New Zealand seems to sell them.

Good morning all,

I'm Panda, an easy going type, with a penchant for miniature wargaming, and biscuit eating.

I've been a wargamer for..... lots of years, and Malifaux is one of the more recent one's I've really wanted to get my teeth into, so I did!

I began with the Lady J box set (easiest to learn I thought) and soon spread out amongst all of the Guild sets (except Lucius... don't know if I even like the Lucius set... it all looks a bit odd lol) and a few extra models here and there.

Then aquired the Ramos set as a bit of a change, but haven't even touched them yet if I'm honest! but I'm sure I will soon!

And finally, I have made myself an Outcast crew, based around the Viks (as I love they're very much like my play style, elegant but brutal) and Lazarus (HUGE ROBOT THING = WIN!!) but will be expanding it slowly with a few other bits and pieces...

And I can't wait until the Dark Debts set appears over here in the UK.

Thats about it really, so in summary, Hi everybody!

Hello there,

New to Malifaux and loving its style. I am yet to play a game but will hopefully get to know the rules by the time I finish painting the mini's which I have just ordered today.

I have been painting mini's on and off for a long time but am only intermediate in skill. I also play occasional warhammer with my Vampire Counts army.

I have decided that the Neverborn is where I shall place my loyalty, though I will likely dabble in the other factions as they are all so characterful. See you around the forum :1_Happy_Puppet2:

Hi! New to Malifaux, and don't have my first crew yet but building up steam to go get a couple and start painting. I'm leaning towards some of the Outcasts like the Viktoria's box set and the Thunder box set to get started. I'm also new to this game format. Seen it played many times, but never gotten into it myself. Most of my gaming background is in board games of many types and complexity. I played a demo game at Socal Smackdown recently the theme and play style have me hooked. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it for a couple weeks.

I'll located in San Diego County in San Marcos, CA. Looks like there are some games going at a local store (Pair a Dice) that I haven't had time to go check out yet. Looking forward to checking out that scene and then getting things going.

Greetings chaps. New player to Malifaux, but no stranger to miniature war games or painting said miniatures. Located out of the Canton area of the fine state of Ohio. I run a crew made up of Collodi (obviously) and Zoraida. I find the two to work well together. I also have 2 Stitched Togethers, a Weaver Widow, a Teddy (for the widow to summon), and Lazarus. Why Lazarus? Well, the shop I play in has a lot of Guild Players. I also have the Mysterious Effigy, but I have been having bad luck with the little blighter.

The Shop I play at in Question is Jac Games, in the Akron area of Ohio.

After lurking for a bit I decided it best to join the forum. I am a real fan of the writing area, as I fancy myself an amateur writer of sorts. Mayhap I'll join one of the competitions.

Hello, New to Malifaux and miniatures in general. I've gathered a few sets and been playing with my bro in Northern NJ over the past few weeks, and have decided to join the forum to see if I can branch out and find a few more opponents to share the good times with.

If you are in northern NJ, or know of any events that may be around the area, please feel free to contact me whenever. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon!

Hello,

My name is Benny. I have been looking to get into malifaux for a long time. I have finally taken the plunge. I have a rasputina box set crew on the way. I can't wait to paint them. The blue icy color scheme looks fun to paint. I have dabbled in painting and playing 40k. It is just to much for me right know. I like the look and feel of Malifaux more. and it is a little easier to get into.

I have never played the game at all. I am looking for places to play and/or people to play with and help teach me the game. I live in North Hollywood (LA), CA. So if anyone knows a good place to play or people to play with, that would be nice.

I am 33. I work part time and go to school part time at The Art Institute of Los Angeles.

Hello all,

I'm very new to this game and after a demo and a game I've enjoyed this game a lot.

I must say that this game has great models and some very interesting rules mechanics.

Right now, I'm painting Seamus and has lovely ladies in an attempt to gear up for a local league.

Hello,

Been looking into Malifaux for the past month and a half of so, as something for me and the missus to play. And we got our Viktoria and Rasputina crews this week, and been having fun with those (finally managed to win our third game too). I've a

Most finished painting them too. I'd forgotten how cool it is getting a newly painted force on the table (it helps it being half a dozen models per crew rather than hundreds...!)

Got to say though, apart from the obvious joy of getting a cool new game, reading the fluff was really cool. Got to get the next books to continue the story.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Guys.

Names Egon, well that's what I've gone by for the past 8 years in the Warhammer Circuit in the Midwest. Looking at getting into Malifaux and participating at A-Con this coming year (2013). If you were at A-Con this year (2012) I was one of the Warhammer Fantasy Judges who occasionally watched the Malifaux Games.

Right now I'm looking at The Guild to get me into this game with emphasis on Lady Justice.