Introduce Yourself

Justin

Welcome aboard. Can't tell where your from since you haven't set it on your profile but if you want to find players in your area check out our find a game thread = http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?29277-Find-a-Game-Opponent-(new-easy-to-read-version)

Thanks for the tip, I've updated my profile a bit.

I'm actually hoping that a few in my gaming group would consider playing some Malifaux, so I'm kind of hoping that if I turn up with a nicely painted crew, a couple of terrain pieces and a decent grasp of the rules that maybe it will inspire a few people to switch over as well.

Hi Welcome D-A-C, I too am a recovering 40k player. But I get my fixes now from Malifaux!

Yeah I hear you! I'm a long time Daemon player, but after seeing Malifaux I'm really re-considering 40k. I'm hoinstly already tempted to switchover permenantly because it would save me a boatload of money as I could sell my existing models to fund the switchover and come well out ahead, in terms of space and transport its much easier with the exception of some extra terrain needed, and it just seems alot more fun being able to do things like cheating on cards and going after a variety of objectives etc. But maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit.

In 40K was mainly a story player and never really enjoyed the highly competitive scene, but unfortunately fluff rarely makes its way onto 40k battlefields, especially considering how often Space Marines are fighting each other!

I also like how much of a smaller scale Malifaux is, so you can focus alot more on painting a single model well, its more character driven and even starting a new crew from time to time wouldn't break the bank if you planned it right.

But anyway, thanks for the friendly welcome Dorian and Rameses, as I'm sure you both can tell from my rambling response I'm excited to have discovered a new and enjoyable gaming system.

Been lurking a bit and realized I hadn't said hello,

I'm an old grognard that converted to RPG's back when the first D&D came out. I still dabble with historicals and have recently been playing WarMachine at my FLGS.

When I saw Malifaux and I just had to pick it up. Looking to see about trying it at my FLGS, probably in Oct.

Been lurking a bit and realized I hadn't said hello,

I'm an old grognard that converted to RPG's back when the first D&D came out. I still dabble with historicals and have recently been playing WarMachine at my FLGS.

When I saw Malifaux and I just had to pick it up. Looking to see about trying it at my FLGS, probably in Oct.

Hi Welcome!

Hi im Harold i enjoy playing Magic the gathering, xbox games and now malifaux. As i read each groups abilities i couldn't decide on one crew. That night i dosed off as i was torn who to choose a sexy woman with a gorgoues hat dressed in double slit dress with knee high stockings and boots convinced me to join her cause . So Rasputina is my master and i will aid her in all of her adventures as she attempts to take out her foes and help her to overcome The enity known as December.

I am a member of the Arcanists, so guild come at me bro!! so far i am in love with this game.

Hi everyone!

I am Martin, hail from rainy Denmark and can't wait to get stuck into Malifaux.

I have been painting and gaming for 20ish years and have fallen in love with the crazy style and lovely miniatures of malifaux. The Ten thunders will be one of my factions for sure, but not the only one.

Hello everyone!

The name is Wren, nice to meet you all. I started out with Puppet Wars and fell in love with the world of Malifaux. I have decided to jump in start playing Malifaux recently (There might have been splurging at Gen Con) and look forward to learning more. I have no real experience with Wargaming, so this is the first that has really appealed to me. Currently I am starting out with Arcanists but I'll be hopping around to see what fits my play style.

In the future it would be pretty neat to be a Henchman so that I could have even more people in my area to play with! I'm becoming quite the fangirl, so kudos to the guys at Wyrd. You will definitely be seeing me around.

Edited by The-Wren
Spelling errors! D:

Hello my name is Jennifer, and I finally decided to make a forum account. I started out on warhammer but over the years i have lost the passion and love for it. A few of the people around my area picked up malifaux and it currently has around 20 or so players here. Most of the people have pretty decent sized collections.

I look forward to getting into this game as it is fun and easy for the budget gamer to play.

Hey, I am Mark from DK.

I decided to go all in on MalifauX, after my Brother had been babbling about it for a few months (he is a former warhammer player), and decided to give me some of the figures doing Christmas.

So I dragged one of my friends from my university into it as well, and this is really getting really addictive – great game. We especially love the activation-switch between each player, leaves no one sitting behind waiting for one player to move all his/her units. 

I have quite a lage Arcanist army with Rasputina and Kaeris. My Bro has a Resurrectionists army, and my friend went for Lilith with Neverborn.

The best part is that it have made my brother and I spend more time together ;)

Edited by stochastic

Hey folks!

I got into Malifaux just this past month, but have been aware of it's existence since 2011 thanks to the wonderful selection on display at the Nexus games shop in Kingston ON: Seamus and his rotten belles won me over immediately.

Now, one year later, I am the proud owner of 2 complete crews (The Dreamer and Lucius) and have been relentlessly hounding my gaming chums to give the game a shot.

I'm a sucker for pretty miniatures, and the fact that you can pick up several different crews for less than what most people would have to shell out for a single Army in any number of other tabletop miniature games.

Currently waiting on the GenCon releases to hit brick and mortar locations: Anyone else 'stoked' for the Mei Feng and the rail crew?

hi chaps im jake from the york in the u.k

played gw games for the past 6 years and warmachine these last 2 years until our local henchman came down to the club with a lady j crew and i was sold in strait away. iv being playin malifaux for a month now with lady j iv bin roped in to a dubbled torny so we will see how it goses

Hey all,

I'm Justin from Seattle. Just dove headfirst into Malifaux with a buddy of mine, and we played our first game last night. I had chosen the Sonnia box set and he played the Viks. I let him get too close and he slaughtered me, but I had a blast and have sworn to exact proper Guild justice on the Viktorias next time. So far I am loving the models, the themes and the tactics of the game.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. Look forward to playing against some of you someday, and arguing on the forums in the meantime! *wink*

Edited by justinm

Call me Ace I'm from damn near the middle of the continental USA. The wife and I used to play some other mini games but the scale and cost got stupid. We have fallen in love with Malifaux's style and really like the smaller scale and tactics. We've been watching online videos and hope to make it to the local game shop to get a better grasp on the game before making purchases.

Well on here i am known as Seamus22, but you can just call me Seamus. I started playing Malifaux a week ago. My crew is Lilith the brood mother, Primordial Magic, Mature Nephlim, and 3 Terror Tot Nephlims. I am getting Malifaux Cherub to replace Primordial Magic, 2 Young Nephlim for the Terror Tots to grow into, and adding Nekima The Dark Sibling to my crew. I was also thinking about the Black Blood Shaman but i am not sure if she is good enough. Please leave any thoughts on the Black Blood Shaman.

Based in Sydney Australia, I have been into the game for a bit over a year now along with perusing the forums and general slinking about. I figured it was about time to join the forums rather than just standing on the outside looking in.

I currently have 4 crews painted(Lady J, Lucius, Viks & Kirai) and a few others in progress(Seamus & Marcus). Just waiting on Dark Debts to arrive for my chance to go Neverborn.

Like a lot of people I started with the 2 letter company and have branched out to the more skirmish/character/story driven games.

As a sucker for a game with cool minis and a great story I just can't wait to get the new book to see were the future goes.

Figured I'd stop in and say Hi since I've been lurking around here the past few days. After hearing about this game a lot and watching some played, I decided to pause my Warmachine and all its Menothy Fire for a moment and chill out with a Rasputina box set + Wendigo for a demo game. I enjoyed it, it will be nice to have a change of pace from time to time.

I'm currently working on painting my crew. Got the Ice Golem and Ice Gamins done, the Wendigo is on deck, still debating how to paint Rasputina herself though...