Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hi, never really did an introduction, but I'm Lena.

I used to play Malifaux a bit during first edition, but due to life stuff and not really having access to a game store I haven't done much Malifaux-related aside from the occasional vassal game. I want to get back into playing and painting though, just need to figure out what crew I'd like to start with (picking stuff is always a challenge for me. :P ).

• Like 1

hello im a small bird and astrella introduced me to malifaux early in the 2e beta because she's cool and we play on vassal mostly due to not living in the same country but i have a local game store with a malifaux presence now and i just picked up my first box the other day (som'er, of course)

i like gremlins

Wotcha forgot to use this to introduce myself.  i decided to get into Malifaux as i could not justify a second full 40K army and i wanted something completely different but still with cool models for me to paint (Cos i quite like painting mini's), plus its waaaaaaayyyyyy cheaper.

so Helllllooooooo and prepare for many many odd questions.

I just posted an intro elsewhere (higher level) in this forum and now realize I should have posted here where my reason for coming lives.  As stated in the other post I'm a geezer Outcast by nature but find an affinity to Neverborn as well.  My original interest in the game was in the miniatures only (for integration into a table top fantasy RPG) but my interest has been piqued and now I am planning a foray into the game itself.  I've been making lists and studying the product trying to decide on my first crews.  I'm not too worried about which ones are the best to win with.  I'm always attracted to characters a stories first so choosing based on what characters attract me the most first.  I will try to study the forums for my answers and turn to you guys when I can't find my answers.  

What I purchased so far albeit before I had an actual interest in the game (all 2e unless otherwise stated)...Tara Crew, 1 box of void wretches, Cojo, Sabertooth Cerebus, 3 boxes of Silurid, 1 box Terror Tots, Zoraida's Crew (1e edition), Box of Silurid (1e).

Oh yeah - and I'm a crazy cat person - just some personal info of no real relevance. 

Hi all. I am not completely new to Malifaux -- I played maybe a dozen games all told back in 2012 when I fell in love with Colette and her dirty tricks, but the community in my area wasn't really playing Malifaux at the time and I fell out of it before long. Now that Colette is back (got mine at Gen Con), I'm looking to return to the game in a big way. But first I need to learn the 2E rules.

I am not new to miniatures wargaming, having played the Warhammers (F and 40k), Warmahordes, Battletech, Robotech, and even the old Chainmail skirmish game (the late 90s minis game, not the precursor to D&D). I tend to love painting just as much, if not more, than playing, and I intensely dislike fielding nakemd minis.

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm from Crawfordsville Indiana.

I participated in the "learn to play" at Gencon this year and absolutely loved it.

I haven't quite figured out which faction I want to play yet, Neverborn look amazing but so do almost all of them.

I'm torn between Dreamer and Pandora but I quite like the idea of the Resurrectionists as well.

Go Green in 2015, it's good for the environment.

-Reduce-Reuse-Reanimate-

Come to the crew where mouldering lace never goes out of style.

Where top hats aren't just stylish, they're bullet proof.

And where a grin in the dark is one of the most terrifying things in Malifaux.

-Shadows of Redchapel for 2015-

I fully agree to this statement. 

Hello I am new to the community.  I have had some limited exposure to the game previously.  I played a demo game run by the great crew at Gen Con.  The demo got me hooked pretty quick.  I picked up The Thunder starter with some additional models.  I live in eastern Washington.  I have played and actively play a large variety of table top miniature games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.

Whiteape here. Australian.

I am new to malifaux, but not to tabletop gaming. I came across the game by accident through a podcast. After hearing about the theme of the game my interest was piqued, that was about a year ago. I wanted to get into the game, but found that the majority of the community lives and plays about an hour south of myself, quite inconvenient.

So last week I gave in, created a facebook group for my area and found a few like minded people who were interested in the game. I'm currently about to order a Collodi box set, cause living murderous puppets who want to force a feeling of loneliness onto others, is just too cool.

So that's myself, about to order a box set and trying to organize and day to get together with others to learn the game.

Thanks

Hi everybody.

I learned about Malifaux back in 1E days.  I couldn't decide which faction to play until Ten Thunders dropped and I was all about it.  Unfortunately, the 2E beta test came out shortly after that and I set it aside until it was over.  After 2E officially released, I started getting back into it, but our local Henchman moved out of town and that killed my momentum.  So with the Gencon sale/new book/campaign rules, I decided to give it another shot.  Here's hoping it sticks this time!

Hello! I play Malifaux for a year, now. With Nico, Mac, and now starting with Guild. I'm from Argentina. This is a great game!! I'll be posting!

Question, is there any news about when the crew creator will be abilable?? I miss it!!

• Like 2