Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hi i'm Mark

This post is a bit late, but better late than never I suppose.

I love this game. I came from a competitive GW background to Wyrd. I think this is the best tabletop game that I have played, to the point where it is preety much the exclusive game that I play now.

My currnt crews are:

Guild: Lady Justice, Hoffman, Sonnia Cridd

Ressers: Seamus, Nicodem

Arcarnists: Colette

A bit about me. I live in Sydney Australia, have 2 kids and I am a social work student.

Thats it. See you all around the forums.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where to start, where to start.

My name is Nick.  I actually picked up some of the original models (that didn't have stat cards yet) years ago but never got into it because the play group didn't, despite my attempts.

I used to play 40k WAY back and more recently, I was a Warmachine player (but haven't played in about 2 years).  A few friends of mine and I were looking for a new game and I decided to pull this out and try it. 

I'm from Columbus, OH and have a great group of players that are willing to teach.

Currently, I have a small but growing Neverborn collection and I am eyeballin' Brewmaster. 

Uh....what else.  I work for an insurance company *woot sexy job* and have a rescue English Bulldog named Daisy Mae (she has my heart in a jar, I swear). 

So yep!  Y'all are pretty cool thus far. 

I'm Ryan from Northeast Wisconsin.  I'm not only new to Malifaux, I'm new to miniature gaming in general.  Been a role player for about 25 years.  I'm also a recovered Magic player.  I was on the lookout for a cool looking mini game and came across Malifaux.  After reading up on it, I picked up a rule book and a couple crews along with fate decks.  Anyone in the area want to school a newb with (as of now) unpainted miniatures and a not so thorough understanding of the rules, let me know!

Welcome to Malifaux!

Is there a reason for different spelling of the Crawling Chaos?

Something nags at me that I remember seeing it spelled that way along with the more traditional Nyarlathotep.  I know I've heard it pronounced that way.  So that's what I go with.  What can I say, I march to my own beat.

right into a slaughter.

hopefully not mine. ;-)

Hello. My name is Joe. I've been mostly lurking for about a month, and I'm finally starting to post here.

I live in Columbia, Missouri, and I play at Valhalla's Gate. I've been gaming longer than I care to think about, but I've only been playing (non-collectible) tabletop miniatures games since 2006, when I started playing Warmachine.

I've looked at Malifaux before, but only recently decided to take the plunge. I started with Arcanists, since Rasputina's crew box spoke to me louder than the other factions and masters. I played Khador in Warmahordes, so a more or less Russian woman with ice powers leading a group of slow moving heavy hitters was within my comfort zone. I've added Ironsides and Marcus since then, and I'm looking forward to the Kaeris box.

I tend to be a very slow and unenthusiastic painter, but in my first 3 weeks since starting the game, I've painted 22 minis. I'm not sure what about these minis captured my interest so much, but I've found painting them quite enjoyable. (Assembling them, on the other hand, would be quite frustrating if they didn't look so freaking good when finished.)

Hi, My name is Mirko and I'm from Fiorenze, Italy.

I've played WH40k and WHFB in tha past, and Warmachien more recently.

I saw a Malifaux game soem weeks ago, and I felt in love with it. REally love the minis and the game that has "easy to learn rules" but get very deep with all the models combo and interactions. So I grab my first crew box ( Lilith mother of monsters ) and a fare deck, but I was able to do my first game just last week. Fortunately the community seems to be growing, so I hope to be able to play again soon :)

I also love painting, but in this period I have to many things in my hand to be able to get brushes ;) Also it is really too hot to do anything....

Hey Guys! I'm Stephen -

Brand new to Malifaux.  Just got Rasputina and a box of december alcolytes to go with her.  Havent even gotten my first game in yet but love the models and have watched some friends playing and really enjoy it.  I am currently reading through the rule book.  Any advice?

Switched over from warhammer fantasy - very different scale of games lol!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm a new Malifaux player from austin,tx. I cant say enough good things about this game....

I've been playing and building my collection for a few months now. I'm a long time tabletop war-gamer and miniature hobbyist.

I have a collection of Gremlins and Thunders going, while my girlfriend is building arcanist and outcast.

love the minis, love the story, and cant wait for whats coming up!

• Like 1

Hello, I'm Dan (or Danno),

I've followed Malifaux for a bit and since I recently dropped WH40k wanted to start something new that had more going for it than just building a huge army. I've been into rpg/tabletop/board games for most of my life. I have mainly enjoyed the painting/modelling side of most miniature games I've played. Malifuax looks to scratch the itch of having some good background to go along with the miniatures.

The master's I'm starting with are The Dreamer and Tara. Lord Chompy Bits and the Nothing Beast were too cool looking to pass up though I've got my eye on some other crew boxes already...

but wouldn't mind some advice about the current ones I am getting, especially what to add to these crews.

Also summoned creatures: good idea to get a few of the things these masters/henchmen can summon sooner rather than later?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...