Introduce Yourself

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey im charles from lincolnshire in the uk started playing not long ago playing resers ! love it to bits ! im running nicodem and no idea what to buy next. also dose anyone know when streets of malifaux and builds are gonna be in stock ?

Hi and welcome :D

Unfortunately it seems that the Terraclip sets are no longer in production, due to the owner of 'Worldworks' (the partner company who made the stuff) deciding he wanted to focus his time and money on a video games company instead.....or something along those lines anyway.

Luckily you don't need that system for the game and plenty of people use other terrain systems for their games.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I have been playing Warmachine for the past year, but I have been eying those wonderful Malifaux models each time I walk into the local game store. I am at the point in my Warmachine collection when I am thinking of expanding into either a new WM faction or into an additional game. Malifaux I think will win that argument if I can find local players, and that is proving to be a challenge sadly.

But before I despair about the lack of players, I had a few starting army questions. While all of the model ranges look great, The Arcanists and Neverborn are my favorite. Before I buy my first master, are there any masters in those faction that are not new player friendly? I have read a few blogs and older posts about this master and that, but they are almost always from the first edition.

Also, any ideas on how to find local players? All the local stores say they have people buying the models but no one playing the game. Somewhere in this town must be an underground Malifaux fight club or something. :)

Anyway, here if hoping for a long happy Malifaux gaming experience.   

Hi

I'm new to Malifaux and have started with Lady Justice's Crew and Mc Mourning body of Evidence.

As I'm liking the whole Mc Mourning is the guilds pathologist/medical examiner and nobodies noticed that some of his helpers are only plausibly alive.

Just don't ask Trev or Geoff any tricky questions as erm how can I put it, their brains are still healthy, its just they're in jars on shelf in my secret lab. Ha ha just kidding, but seriously........ 

Hi

I'm James. I've played Malifaux on and off for a little while now. My first crew was Rasputina back in 1.5 and since then my collection has grown to include anything which has caught my eye. Medical professionals have discovered that this is due to my suffering from a syndrome known as 'Magpie Eyes'.

In this edition I'm currently working my way through a slowly shrinking painting pile of various crews. Some of which have been pushed aside so I can focus on my Arcanist crews.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wayne, I would suggest picking up either the rules manual and a crew that you think looks cool. If you pick a crew that doesn't have the M2E logo on it, you will also need either a first or second wave arsenal deck. The other option would be to simply buy the larger malifaux 2nd edition book and read through the rules and what the various factions have to offer, then pick up a crew.

Welcome to Malifaux.

Thanks for the quick reply Inquisitor.

I am going to get the full 2nd edition rule book as I like the look of all the fluff that it has in it. Is it easy to tell which crews have the 2e mark on them when buying online? I would buy from a brick and mortar shop but I don't know of anywhere local that sells them.

Thanks for the quick reply Inquisitor.

I am going to get the full 2nd edition rule book as I like the look of all the fluff that it has in it. Is it easy to tell which crews have the 2e mark on them when buying online? I would buy from a brick and mortar shop but I don't know of anywhere local that sells them.

Hi

There is a brick and mortar store that sells Malifaux in Tamworth

http://www.titangamesuk.co.uk/

There is also a group of us who play occasionally at Walsall every friday :) 

If you need an intro or advice or anything then let me know and ill sort something out (as i work in tamworth i can get to their local club or titans store if needed)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Dominic from Germany, started new with Malifaux a few weeks ago, and as a nurse my first crew new is McMourning and I got a MeiFeng ready until now. But pretty sure there will be more (looking for YanLo and JackDaw).

At the Moment my personal mission is to infect my TableTop Crew here with the MF-Virus and help spread it.

• Like 1

Hey all, Jason from Birmingham, Alabama here!   I had picked up a couple of crew boxes a few years back, but never got around to cracking them open and playing.   When I went to Gencon this year, the folks at the Wyrd booth were pretty awesome, so I grabbed the 2E book and started painting up my old Redchapel gang box.   Looking forward to figuring out how stuff works.   

If you're in Alabama, or heck, just the Southeast, drop me a line, wontcha?  I don't think we've got much of a player base locally, so I'm going to head up to Huntsville to check it out there, might have to do some travelling to get some games in.  

j

Hi, my name is fengor. I'm a player from Germany.

After being infected with Malifaux at SaarCon 2013 by the nice folks of SaarHammer I decided to buy a crew. But since I am great starting and bad at finishing models I never got a full crew together for playing. This years MalifauxMadness Ultimate Starter Draft hooked me back in. We assembled the crafted crews on Saturday and played a tournament on Sunday back in June and sicne then I am a proud owner of a little Seamus Crew.

I still have Colette, Mei-Feng and Sonnia in the works and promise to finish them one day... Although the Performers from the Colette crew have been cannibalized to build some Dead Doxies for Seamus ;)

Looking forward to finally getting more active in the hobby again :)

• Like 1

Hi,

A couple of members of my gaming group and I have decided to give Malifaux a try. We're all experienced wargame players (WHFB. 40k,x-wing, FOW etc etc) and when we gained a new member who just moved here that told us about trying malifaux back where he came from we couldn't stop ourselves!

Anyway so far 3 of us have bought into the game with the rest looking over our shoulders and wanting to see how we get on!

Personally I've grabbed myself the Ortegas and Lucius already but also have a couple more on their way from various sources (unfortunately a lot of shops in spain are having problems with getting stock at the moment)

Signing in from the Netherlands. Hi all!

I'm a regular Infinity and Batman Miniature Game player. Friend of mine insisted I would love Malifaux, so here I am, checking it out.

Fluff and aesthetic wise I'm looking at the Guild (favo models: riflemen), Outcasts (Freikorps) and Ten Thunders (Misaki, samurai, monks). Though if possible I'd love a good western looking posse. What's a good place to start?

• 1 month later...

Well we just had the Salt City Gladiator Games here and the local Malifaux reps did an amazing job. They gave my son a demo and then got him in the tourney and hooked him. He said it was a blast and they displayed amazing sportsmanship. So now I am hooked too. Will be picking up a box set up this week and will work on getting them put together. I have been around a bit but couldn't bring myself to jump into one more gaming system. But if my children want to play it then I am in. So here goes nothing. 

Cheers,

John...

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, fellows 

So I already posted the general forum. but I figured I should post this one in here. Apologies friends. 

I've just recently started to play Malifaux and getting deeply into the universe.  I started playing Warhammer a few years ago and through a string of different games(Warmachine, Infinity, relic knights)  I finally woke up and found Malifaux.  I am a player from the San Francisco Bay area of California. I have a couple of friends who

are looking to start playing with me but I am actually looking to make something bigger. 

I work at my FLGS(Games of Berkeley) and have took it upon myself to make our store a great awesome place for Malifaux. I'm actually going to have our store run dedicated Malifaux days starting at the new year so i'm also intensely interested in getting folks to come over and play. Intending to become a henchman of course, currently getting my Viktoria box painted and planning to get a couple others specifically for the demo crews. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello from Seattle, WA.  A friend of mine who is a serious miniatures gamer recommended Malifaux as a great starting point so here I am.  Tons of games in my past, but never miniatures.  So I'm reading lots (got the full rule book with card stats and have been cover to cover twice), trying to glean as much info as I can from the forums, and looking forward to my first game soon.  Right now I'm building the 3x3 terrain and having a blast already.

Hi, 

I'm George from Poland. I'm pretty new to the Malifaux and still thinking about which crew to choose.

I'm 34 and I played some of the earlier skirmish tabletop games like Necromunda and Mordheim. I also tried but failed to build and SM and Necrons army in WH40k.

Nice to meet you all!