Any love for Killjoy?

MudgeBlack

I just picked up Killjoy and looking forward to getting him painted up and on the table. I have never seen anyone use him, so I'm wondering what the consensus is. Not worth the points? Too much trouble on the table (sacrifice/out of control)? I like him for those aspects, I think he will be fun, and dont really care about how competitive he is. Any thoughts?

Hi MudgeBlack. I too brought him because I just love the sculpt, and it was a pleasure to paint, mine looks particularly suitably vile and repulsive :-)

Have only used him a couple of time, and probably too expensive to put out in scrap, but if your looking for some fun the maybe in a brawl.

I have had mixed results, he certainly draws the attention and fire because he is such a brute, so maybe that can be used in your favour?

But I've not been playing for too long, so I'm sure there are those better qualified to answer. Just my random thoughts.

Depends on the master you are using. If you use him I recommend taking at least one necro punk if using Leveticus or a resser. You can double walk and then leap on the first turn and be within your opponents crew. Then let them kill you necropunk and use his slow to die ability to sac him for killjoy. Now killjoy can reek havoc among the opposing crew. :)

A great man once said that, "Killjoy IS a tactic", and I have to agree. He is so all-round killy that, like Jack Daw (although not quite to the same extent), your opponent will change how he/ she plays in anticipation of Killjoy arriving and once he is on the table.

He goes great with Nicodem (using Bolster Undead), and any crew that can take cheap models with Slow To Die has a terrific means of getting him on the table in a dangerous position. Colette's Doves and Hoffman's Watchers are good, cheap means of popping him out, as are Dangerous Mercenaries.

As terms of positioning, you can use your cheap models to kite Killjoy around. If you cannot get near the enemy, then make sure they are the closest model to him, and are standing between him and where you want him to go. Killjoy auto-charges the cheap model, and you move him as far as you legally can. Then use his Bash attack on the charge to avoid hurting your cheap model :)

More Desperate Mercs are great to have around him, since if you have no other means of healing him, their deaths will give him a Healing Flip.

Depends on the master you are using. If you use him I recommend taking at least one necro punk if using Leveticus or a resser. You can double walk and then leap on the first turn and be within your opponents crew. Then let them kill you necropunk and use his slow to die ability to sac him for killjoy. Now killjoy can reek havoc among the opposing crew. :)

This is my favorite use of him. Try (3) Necropunks and Killjoy in a small game, it winds up pretty hit or miss you either do amazing or lose terribly. But it's loads of fun.

I have used him once in a 35SS game vs guild and he was very effective. I had Zorida, collodi marionettes and a couple of wicked dolls. turn two i teleported a wicked doll to collodi, did a move and then sacrificed it to bring out killjoy close to the guild crew. he only lasted from the end of turn two till the middle of turn three( when he was turned into a witchling stalker). In that time he managed to kill 5 models( 3 stalkers, their handler, and samael hopkins). granted i used both zorida and her voodoo doll to obey him once each but the results were impressive. it gave collodi the room he needed to destroy evidence and win me the game. i had grudged hopkins so he also got me two vps( on a slow to die action no less).I suggest you listen to the Aethervox episode 16 where Rathnard talks about killjoy. so yes hes expensive, yes he can back fire, but man is he fun, thats what this game is about right?

The following made my opponent need a new pair of shorts when he realized what I was doing.

Killjoy

Bette Noire

Nurse

Necropunk

I used with Seamus, but can easily go with McM also. I would also consider a merc with Shrugged off to maximize the Nurse, and Canine remains to stall out you activations.

Basic idea is to have nurse reactivate Necropunk turn 1, hopefully get 2 :masks for leap, and after your opponent activates as much as possible you have the Necropunk spend its 2 activations and uses the last action to get killjoy. As an added benefit you also have Bette Noire. You should be able to take out 10 points turn 1 between the 2 of them. The worst case scenario is that you have no masks and you opponent hides. You can try and wait until turn 2 and save masks for maximum distance. In theory you can get 29 inches from the Necropunks deployment spot to where Killjoy and Bette noir pop out, then let them wreck havoc.

The following made my opponent need a new pair of shorts when he realized what I was doing.

Killjoy

Bette Noire

Nurse

Necropunk

I used with Seamus, but can easily go with McM also. I would also consider a merc with Shrugged off to maximize the Nurse, and Canine remains to stall out you activations.

Basic idea is to have nurse reactivate Necropunk turn 1, hopefully get 2 :masks for leap, and after your opponent activates as much as possible you have the Necropunk spend its 2 activations and uses the last action to get killjoy. As an added benefit you also have Bette Noire. You should be able to take out 10 points turn 1 between the 2 of them. The worst case scenario is that you have no masks and you opponent hides. You can try and wait until turn 2 and save masks for maximum distance. In theory you can get 29 inches from the Necropunks deployment spot to where Killjoy and Bette noir pop out, then let them wreck havoc.

That is nasty.How do you sleep at night?