What's the best 'pound for pound' model in the game

Barnaberible

I'd like to give Ashes & Dust an honourable mention. You need to play Levi to get full value, and the 13ss cost is initially daunting, but for that price you get a minion who is fast, nearly indestructible, highly mobile (with SPAs), can heal in burst 3 for a 0 action, has good melee range and damage, churns out SPAs and can give you three activations per turn.

Not got my book with me, but I'm pretty sure A&D can give you 5 activations per turn if you start him split, unite him them kill him again.

Ashen core

dust storm

Ashes and dust

Ashen Core

Dust storm

Repeat

Every turn after the first.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not got my book with me, but I'm pretty sure A&D can give you 5 activations per turn if you start him split, unite him them kill him again.

That is true, but A&D activates immediately after you recombine his parts, so it is more like 4 separate activations, one of which is companioned.

It can be a bit risky, though, depending on timing and proximity of opposing minions, and I find that the alternative (0) action to sacrifice Levi is far too useful in most situations. And when A&D is killed by the enemy then it usually pays to recombine him ASAP, since both of the consitituent parts are fairly vulnerable - activating the Core first then allowing the model which killed A&D last turn to attack back before the Dust Storm comes in can leave the Storm without a Core to connect with by the time it arrives. For that reason, if A&D is split at the start of the turn I tend to activate Dust first, recombine and immediately activate A&D (effectively one activation) then potentially have the two activate separately again later.

But there is definitely an option for more activations if you have no immediate pressure and want to out-activate the opposition. A&D is all about versatility.

Edited by Trevelyan