Summoning and Crew Cost

gredgie

In my crew, Kirai and Datsue-ba have the ability to summon in extra crew members during a game.

Ikiryo has a cost value of S because she needs to be summoned to join a game and so you don't effectively hire her.

Yesterday, I wanted to hold back an Onryo and a Gaki in the aim of summoning them into the game, but despite scouring the rules there seemed to be no clarification on if I had to pay hire costs for these models or they're effectively "free" because they're being summoned in as opposed to starting outright.

Can anyone clarify?

Aye, although I was against The Dreamer yesterday and given my newbie-ness to Malifaux, swiftly discovered why killing him with half the Neverborn side buried was a silly thing to do.

It seems I have to learn the tricks to healing my models as effectively as possible since they're quite fragile. Which will come in handy with doing the "Ikiryo Slingshot" etc.

Although yesterday was my first game with Lost Love in the crew and I was probably a little reckless with Kirai, thinking "Ah, if she dies Lost Love will just suck it up" but in the future I'll try to utilise Seishin more.

lol, i remember my friends thinking this when we started. It wouldnt make sense if that was the case since you might as well have had put them in the list in the 1st place. Btw, shikome take 2 seishin to summon, i didnt notice that when i started playing malifaux. Oh and her spirit swap thing lets u swap a spirit in danger with a healthier one so the hurt one is closer to heal and hopefully out of danger