what master should I pick for constructs.

Toxic4Mosh

They both have a fairly large set of constructs to choose from, even sharing many many choices, so I wouldn't be too concerned over the selection of minions (more depends on which faction's constructs you want to pay an extra stone for.)

In terms of direct synergy, Hoffman benefits from his constructs more so than Ramos. From a different viewpoint though, Ramos can summon constructs, Hoffman is stuck with who he brings. Coming from Pandora, Hoffman will be closer to her playstyle, Ramos will be different.

Why not go for both?

Hoffman can hire almost any arcanist constructs but has to pay out of faction costs for them. Not all of them are worth that extra soulstone in my opinion. A few guild constructs specifically say they can be hired by Ramos. I Love the robots and have both of them and Levi, who can hire any construct.

Technically, Levi has the most versatility, as he can hire ANY Constructs (except the Coryphee). All 3 of them play very differently though. If you're more interested in Hoffman or Ramos, I'd say Ramos has the slightly wider selection of Constructs. Hoffman probably has more direct synergy because of stuff like his Ca being boosted by the Constructs, or getting to move with them, the Machine Puppet action, etc. But Ramos has the summoning Constructs aspect, and Ramos' Avatar is pure awesome.

I Had the same kind of idea when I started playing Ramos... Ive been kind of unenthused by him with constructs to be honest tho. Yes he can summon spiders... but I havent found him to be all that synergistic with them.

Hoffman on the other hand seems to have crazy synergy and the loss of summoning I dont think is all that bad.

I wish i had gone for hoffman from a purely construct theme, but ramos has proven to be fun nonetheless