Why would we ever not take the Arcane Effigy?

AgentRock

Arcane Effigy + Hamelin the Plagued = :)

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

I like using the Arcane w/ Zoraida so I can Hex the same turn I conduit.

Not got the card to hand, but can you do that? Can you combine the Ap from Casting Expert with the bonus AP from the Effigy to cast a (2) spell?

Not got the card to hand, but can you do that? Can you combine the Ap from Casting Expert with the bonus AP from the Effigy to cast a (2) spell?

Yes you can. The ability says it gives you one more AP but that it can only be used to cast or channel so it is a different named ability than Casting Expert or Casting Master.

I don't know about everyone else, but i really like them all except the Carrion Effigy. Arcane is the really stand out choice i think, but the others certainly bring something to the table. The hodgepodge effigy is one i'm looking forward to using in addition to the arcane.

All but mysterious have ranged attacks, and all but hodgepodge have magical attacks as standard (he gets them on a trigger if he wants them).

Both of these go some way to countering two neverborn weaknesses.

All have excellent 0 abilities.

The carrion effigy can work especially well with zoraida as he can get close enough to a target that is immune to influence to have his aura kick in and allow her to hex it off.

Personally I can't wait to try:

Zoraida (5 stones)

Brutal effigy

Arcane effigy

Hodgepodge effigy

Carrion effigy

Mysterious effigy

3 stitched together

I find it odd people don't find the brutal eff to be better than the arcane. The extra action point for casting is amazing on paper but I find it falls short in games. 4 movement no 3rd action point means it will have trouble keeping up with the models it will want to give the extra action point to. Extra card is nice but that can be gained with primordial magic for half the cost. Not that its bad i just don't find it working as well once it hits the table as it looks like it would be on paper.

Brutal is flat out amazing for 4ss. Very rare to have a 4 ss model with a 3rd action point and min melee damage of 3 thanks to crit strike. On top of a 0 action that can heal with out needing a suit.

I'll let you know ASAP :).

Theory faux though....

Lots of own models with guns to use obey on, better casting for the master from arcane, and more cards, carrion can remove immune to influence so that zoraida can hex it off for good, hodgepodge adds to card control elements as well as being rather nifty in close combat with its triggers, brutal and mysterious can also handle themselves. Most of the crew has very good movement (lots of flight), and some resilience from object...with a stitched in the list, grudge and similar become pointless schemes for the opponent to take.

Sounds like a gimmick that might do fine. :)