Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

Your painting is definitely awesome. I posted that before i realized it was 280-some posts long. Found Mini_me and was not disappointed at all. I also like some of the stuff you did with your Pandi crew. She was one of my first masters and I never did get her painted to my satisfaction. I think she's going to take the Simple Green bath sometime in the near future. Also, I do find the alt-Pandi to be a much better model overall, so that might be an option for me as well.

Yeah this thread is getting pretty long. Almost around for a year now. :)

The little bugger is just as orange as the oranginal. ;D

Thanks! I actually like but also dislike the 'Dora crew. I am sooo tempted to dip them and go all orange on them... But at the moment I like to play with them and do have too many other projects. So Before I go all nuts... :P

Alt Dora is much cooler than the original. 'Tis the reason why I replaced her. :)

I did pay attention to getting that as right as possible. This is actually my first attempt to painting a 3D model of fire. The last time I painted a fire like thing was when I first started wargaming with my Slamander Space Marines. lol

I just do not like using the colors needed for these flames. Bright yellows are not my forté and it turned out really sloppy, because I didn't cover the prime coat too well with the paints. It was more or less frustrating to paint for me.

I'm going to check out the Hot Lead tips later, but have you tried Citadel's Casandora Yellow Shade? I used it on my Emberling, right over white primer, and it washed the model yellow with orange highlights in all the right places.

I actually have that wash. But flames are colored the other way around. The hottest part of the flame is white and in the center of the flame, not the outsides. I started with a really light yellow center and worked my way outside withdarker yellows, oranges and a red tone.

Well, with the blogs going away, at least threads like these offer some continuity. And I'd much rather you keep most, if not all of your work on one thread, instead of having to hunt for them.

I agree. Plus I like to occasionally browns my own thread and see how my painting skills have developed over the past year. I think I have kind of gotten better at my usual style of stark contrasts and highlights, just that those are now more fine and crisp, whereas before they were pretty thick and really obvious. :)

Just clicked through your entire project log. Really great stuff! At first I thought it was too much orange, and not enough other colours. But then you go adding other colours, and end with this very nice combination with orange, without orange and grey being the only colours. The bases and crews look really great, and are a cohesive lot. I am now in love with your Primordial Magic, don't tell my fiancee!

I will try to leech off your painting skills now :)

/subscribed

Haha thanks! 30 pages! Woop woop!

I do still plan to make orange my main color of my armies/groups/crew/etc... I am just now balancing things out more. My gremlins contain quite a lot of orange. Be it on the model or in little tid bits on the base. I wont be able to get off of the color. :P

If I can offer any insight on how I painted a model or a part of it, just feel free to ask! :)

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I'll pick up some brown and give it a try on priming my "Good Juju" Wood Spirit model from Reaper.

It really comes down to which colors you want to use. I'd use grey for generally more colder colors and brown for warmer colors. :)