question about hanged

Huang Da Wei

reading the stats for the hanges and 'whisper from beyond'.

it says target loses half its remaining wounds, does this mean if someone has say 10 wounds but is damaged and currently on 4 wounds they are reduced to 2 and cant get any higher for the rest of the game?

You are correct. In your example, it will stay at 2 wounds and cannot heal above that 2.

Mm. Conventional wisdom is that the Hanged are not very good, overall - there are things you can spend 8 SS on that will do your Resser crew more good, basically. They're also fairly fragile (against spells and magic weapons, at least), they're slow as heck, and like many Resser models they lose a great deal of their power against non-Living opponents.

However, they have two abilities that are, quite frankly, ridiculously powerful. Whisper from Beyond is one, the other is their automatic Cb trigger, Horrifying, which gives a :-fate on Wp duels for the rest of the game. They also ignore stuff like Fear Not Death, which always helps. In the balance, they're okay - against some crews they're useless, against others they can find a great niche in debuffing.

Coryphee Duet that can never heal again.. Priceless... I really like Hanged.

You can also put them in the same crew as Molly and you can have a lot of fun. Copy the spell onto Molly, Make that spell irresistible by soulstoning. Watch Lilitu and Lelu fall over, they are not nearly as tough when Lilitu can't heal the pair.

I have always loved the idea of the hanged, but never had them be useful for me...

Until Adepticon. :)

For no particular reason I put one in my Nicodem crew against Von Schill's crew. He dropped a Killjoy on my head and I got to learn how fun that is as he killed my Dead Rider *AND* a summoned punk zombie in one activation.

So, game nearly over... Then a whisper from beyond stops him from healing and wipes out half his health.

All my remaining models basically try to take him out and succeed.

Next turn Mortimer exhumes a corpse and Zombie companions Nicodem so that he can double reanimate before Von Schill can wipe out the piles of corpses and suddenly there is a Rogue Necromancy AND a Flesh construct beating face.

I would up narrowly losing the game though(Escape and survive) despite killing Von Schill because I did not manage to get Nicodem the speed demon far enough away from my deployment zone. (I had plans on dead rider dragging him up the board later, but rider was dead :( )

I do not remember what schemes I had but they were not enough.

The hanged basically kept me from getting wiped and gave me a chance to win if I had been better acquainted with how nasty Killjoy would be in the middle of my crew, I probably would not have dragged his freikorp sniper dude into the middle of my models and killed him. (d'oh!)

If Killjoy had not done as much damage as he did, the hanged would have still wrecked him, but I would have won IMO.

That having been said, the 5 times I tried them before that did not work out well for me.

Next time, just drag the Trapper at least 6" from Von Schill before killing him. That way, no Slow to Die, so no Killjoy summon. Or did you mean that you dragged him in there and then he killed himself before you could do it for him?

Always good to hear stories of the Hanged (and other generally-considered-bad models) being useful, though!

Playing as Kirai the Hanged make all the difference. Wp 7, and if they hit once Pandora is on a :-fate flip for Wp until the end of the game. That really puts a damper on her.. rotate one in at the end of a turn and strip her of her SS cache as she can't risk it getting through.

Next time, just drag the Trapper at least 6" from Von Schill before killing him. That way, no Slow to Die, so no Killjoy summon. Or did you mean that you dragged him in there and then he killed himself before you could do it for him?

I did not know Von Schill very well and did not know about slow to die granting to other models. After my dead rider dragged the trapper in, Von schill activated and got within 6 inches apparently. On my activation, I did him a favor and killed the trapper...

I'm a huge fan of the Hanged with either Seamus or Kirai, and more selectively with McMourning. Kirai fixes his speed limitation, and combining it with an Insidious Madness makes his very nasty for-the-rest-of-the-game abilities brutal as well as giving a consistent way to remove Immune to Influence. I know everyone gets wrapped around it only working against living models, but Seamus' bubble of -2 Wp makes resisting the big stuff harder and if he manifests the Terrifying 14 is very unpleasant against anything that is vulnerable to it.