My first miniatures for Malifaux

Synthet

Absolutely adore your golem! Such a great break away from the typical ice blue colorscheme!! As if he is made from some volcanic rock in buried away in the ice! That is amazing.

If you are going to add to him... please ensure you keep the old look and color scheme. he could do with a few more highlights but not much more.

Thank´s for all the comments and I´m glad that you like him. I did a glaze him using tourqouise ink since the last picture and I also agree that I was a bit cheap on highlight´s on him. I´ll probably fix it later. I will finally be able to hit another game of Malifaux this weekend so I painted up the Rasputina box and also finished The silent one and put some paint on Essence of Power.

But on to the pic´s. First is the new picture of the Ice golem followed by Rasputina and at last the entire crew.

Ice+golem1.jpg

Rasputina1.jpg

Cult+of+December1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing these fellows this weekend.

I would probably have run the gamin in the same scheme as the golem though, and I personally prefer the less blindingly white snow on Raspy and the Golem as compared to that on the Silent One.

That's a great looking crew, there is a very nice rough wintry feel to them. They look great together and I'd love to see more crews painted to this high standard. The only thing that feels a bit weird is the different type of snow flock you used on two of them as it breaks the coherence a little.

Thank´s to all of you!:)

About the snow, I tried out two different types of "snow" on these miniatures. And now I can see that both kind of works, but also gives two kinds of effects. I´ll probably change the snow on the silent one, but keep the snow on the fence. We will see what´s happening.

And there will be at least one more crew... the guild led by Perdita!

Probably followed by pretty much every crew...

• 9 months later...

wow, almost a year since I updated this thread...time flies. And since the last six months have been a rollercoaster I havent painted in about half a year. Since lately. I did manage to take about 5h to do two minis for my Relic hunters. Something to get me back on track again.

sorry for the quality in the pic´s. I haven´t really get my things handy.

post-10016-1391192949786_thumb.jpg

post-10016-13911929497443_thumb.jpg

I thought, "Ooh, another Rezzer painter. Maybe I can be of some assistance with my experience..."

Bah. Nothing. I can't tell you anything. Because Nicodem and his crew are perfect. Just perfect. Best looking Nico crew, or any starter from any game, I've ever seen in my 12 or so years.

Thank´s to both of you!

The leaf´s are a mix of real leaf that has been ripped in smal pieces and birch seeds. Really simple to use and gives a great result.

Hopefully there will be more minis soon, but since my grandmother passed away yesterday it might take a few day´s before next painting session:/

• 4 weeks later...

Almost done with Mr. Graves, I have some small details I want to add before he get´s promoted to my cabinet. A very nice miniature to paint, and he make´s me want to start a new crew...(again!). Anyway, hope that you will like him, despite that fact that it´s not the best photo. But, I will take new photo´s of him and some other miniatures when I have the chance.

post-10016-13911929712888_thumb.jpg

Oh! And an early WIP picture of what´s hopefully next to come...

post-10016-13911929713265_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Finally pulled myself together and painted something for Malifaux!

I painted this mini last night when me and a friend sat down for a painting session, started and finish one mini in the same night is rare for me;) It´s for a friend of mine and he will do the basing himself.

post-10016-13911931987026_thumb.jpg

• Like 1