My first miniatures for Malifaux

Synthet

Nicodem looks even better, and I love the checked pattern on Mortimer's scarf; it really gives him more of that old-school horror-movie theme. I must say, the Ressers probably have some of the most characterful models in the game. It's a shame they require such an investment to play. :(

Thank´s to all of you!:) About the gaming standard, not my intention to step on anybodys toes about that. And if someone had taken offence about that, I´m deeply sorry.

Viruk: Has Nico a sword? I painted it as a cane, but i´ll try to snap some photos from a diffrent angel.

Mr. Biggelsworth: Thank´s for your opinion. I can agree that the bases are a bit common. I´ll think I´ll stick to that look on the Ressurectionist to get a unifor look on them. But bases are not my strongest skill, I don´t mind build them but when it comes to paint them I usually rush them. Maybe that´s why I stick to the "common/safe" bases. I will go and pick up the Rasputina box today and I might be a bit bolder on them:)

Here is Mortimer, I finished him last night and that lad was sure great fun to paint! I´ll probably buy another Mortimer sometimes just to paint it upp differently.

Mortimer+klar2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank´s a lot!

I had a painting session with a friend of mine last night (well, mostly chatting but anyway) and I actually started and finnished a mini at the same night! I did a Vulture for Nicodem and I also started to paint Dr. Douglas McMourning.

Vulture2.jpg

Douglas+McMourning+WIP1-2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank´s. I don´t know about the fast painter, sometimes I just got lucky with my painting and get´s a flow. But then it can come weeks without finishing a miniature.

No painting yesterday, starting to feel like the flu is coming. I hope I feel better today as McMourning want´s to be finished and so are some Mindless zombies.

Ok, my Dr. Douglas McMourning is done. He was a testminiature in wich I tried to sculpt a base using greenstuff and the painting blood this way. In the past I have tried to paint blood rarely, because I just couldnt seems to get it the right color. This time I used Tamiyas clear read with a hint of brown in it. It looks far better then the minis I have done in the past. I also tried to sculpt the cobblestone on the base, needs improvment but with practice comes perfect.

Dr.+Douglas+McMourning6.jpg

Dr.+Douglas+McMourning7.jpg

• Like 2

Thank´s Viruk, yes I like the contrast with the shirt to. A bright shirt makes him a bit more scarier, the mad doctor.

I did two mindless zombies last night, so for my Resurectionist there is a Grave spirit, 3 Necropunks and a flesh construct to be painted. then I´ll startt on the Rasputina box (if I´m not buying more Resurectionists stuff that it:P)

33015302.jpg

33015303.jpg

Hmm...pic´s kind of sucks, but at least they show some colors on the minis.

No Malifaux minis this time, but insted a WIP shoot of a wh40k diorama. Since I see a lot of people here with sharp eye´s and great idea´s I thought I could show it here as well. Both the darkest shadows and the stronger highligts is yet to be done, but as it´s still WIP, a lot can change;)

A few more pic´s here http://paintsandstuff.blogspot.se/2012/04/diorama-wip.html

Tyranid+attack+WIP1-2.jpg

It´s partially the photo, but I see your point. I might shade the Tyranids body in green instead, maybe that will do the trick.

The icicles are done using water effect gel from Vallejo. Great stuff, but it will take a while...

Once this is done I can write a step-by-step showing how it´s done.

do you mean Extra Heavy Gel?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRXIOizZkS5VM-yMHY_mFnQuBOjGylhsfvfnQwlYoF8wW47XICsg

if so, then I'm ok 'cause I have it and will try it :)

If I were you, I'd try to lighten it but remain in those greys so it'll mimic the terrain around it. Somehow I find that they should be addaptive to thier environment and if you add some green it'll just look off... (just my 1/50 $)

Edited by Demonn Agram

• 2 weeks later...

Flesh construct for Nicodem. I think I will stop painting him now since I got a few more of the ressurectiuonists I want to paint before next week. Then they will be brought to the streets of Malifaux! I´m really looking forward to play a game with painted miniatures.

Flesh+construct+1-2.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Viruk. Next for my Resurectuionist are some Necropunks, hopefully at least one will be done in one or two days. If not...I´m a bad person, I primed one of the Ice gamins from the Rasputina box earlier today...even thou I promised myself to wait untill all the Resurectionists where done;)