Dead Rider and Drag

graeme27uk

So just got the Dead Rider for my Levie crew. Am I right in thinking that if I want to use the Drag ability of the Dead Rider on Leveticus then I need to "attack" Leveticus, causing him damage for the trigger to activate.

I know Leveticus wants to die but is attacking him limiting his effectiveness?

It really depends on what you want to do with him, or more specifically, which spells you intend to cast. Levi's wound management is a huge part of playing him, so you will already be working out exactly what you're going to be using those wounds for this turn... just factor in another 3 wounds (cheat in weak damage if necessary) and you're good to go. Getting 12" or so of extra movement can be extremely valuable for Levi.

This tactic does work... the dead rider is fantastic for moving other models around the board... normal targets are Levi, Jack Daw and also Rusty Alyce (a good trigger is to use her defense trigger move her to a good rapid fire position and of course draw some extra cards for the wounds)

Its just all about keeping track of wounds