Is anyone else loving the exorcist?

JackRussel

So i've been playing the exorcist in every guild crew lately when I'm against Neverborn and has anyone else been using him as an auto-include against Neverborn? I run him with a proxy normally to boost his WP and I have noticed that if I can get first activation and I bunch up my crew to block chompy it stops the first turn attack run due to Damning Oratory abd against master like Zoraida and Pandora his WP is high enough to resist whatever they are doing, the only problem I see is how slow he is, I've tried running 2 but that's 14 points so it takes up too much of my crew but apart from that has anyone else found him so good against Neverborn?

Have used him twice against Karai, and while he has the potential to do well, he was killed within the first turn both times. (Karai more or less waited for me to move, then activated, summoned a Weeping Angle...i mean a Shikome, used the trigger Don't Blink and placed it a move away from my crew. Then Shikome activated, used nimble to move up to me, fast to move once again, then attacked twice with the general AP, and I was dead).

Hoping to get more time with him in the future, but sadly he has not lived long enough to make it to a 2nd activation yet, so currently not really in love.

I'm pretty pleased with him for a 6 point model. The one real drawback as I see and everyone is fond of bringing up is his lack of speed. It sucks that he has an awesome melee weapon that ignores armor and HtW but has to wait for an enemy model to come to him. Once your opponent doe know the threat he can pose he is also likely to become target 1… so you will see him disappear from a game quite frequently. Much like Samael his shtick typically only works once or twice.

Played him several times lately and he has been incredible every game he hit the table. I pair him with a guardian and that lets him get his extra walk by taking a wound plus makes him real survivable. It comes in at 13 points, but facing undead and especially spirits he has more than made his points back.

He's spectacular with Sonnia, flame wall behind everything then turn undead to force them through it is great, I usually play him in strategies where they have to come to me or we meet in the middle somewhere. Haven't gotten to try him against neverborn, but have fought rezzers a couple of times, I really like him.

I like him for denying triggers and I find that his willpower can be boosted so high that shooting things like Pandora and Terrifying models is what I enjoy using him for, he's somtimes good for stopping undead from getting objective with "Turn Undead" I tried following the treasure counter around today and using "Turn Undead" to knock undead of the treasure counter due to the fact I often find them to be quite slow so I used "Driven by purpose" alot and then healed him up with the Brutal Effigy (I can't wait to stop proxying that), it does stop the governors proxy from being in the list but I'm not finding that to be too big of an issue.