Oh dear, Not again...

Jewomie

When i saw how slow he was, my first thought was to pine box him and move him out with a marshall, or to have Lucius use Reinforcements on him once he got closer to the action. either of these would result in him being dropped at the feet of the enemy, and yet i would have enough control to keep him in his "sweet spot"

careful now... that's my girlfriend you're talking about there! ;) she's liable to challenge you to a game...

EDIT: now she has... the official challenge has been placed!

Reenforcing him is the best option. It sucks that he is a death marshal... no issue command from Lucy.

The gauntlet has been thrown. Looks like someone has to travel 3 hours... also I will be playing a pre-errata dreamer crew.

Edit: I'll probably just lose anyway.

Edited by Requirement
Adding a fact.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reenforcing him is the best option. It sucks that he is a death marshal... no issue command from Lucy.

The gauntlet has been thrown. Looks like someone has to travel 3 hours... also I will be playing a pre-errata dreamer crew.

Edit: I'll probably just lose anyway.

Truth, at least Reiforcements is only for a "friendly" model... so we still have that option. ;)

and yes... the gauntlet was thrown... Becca and i do (or plan to anyway) do our share of travelling. i'm sure we'll be near by sometime this summer if youw ere down for a game. i know in april/may we are heading to Illinois for a few games, why not drive the same distance east? :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

also I will be playing a pre-errata dreamer crew.

alright... you bring your dreamer crew... i'll bring my all-book-one nico list... we'll see who can lose the fastest!

I (and my group, I'll just speak for them) are always down to play some games. A few of us might even be willing to travel to Indiana for some games. Might do us well to play against different people. We've managed to get a few extas in our group, but they are new, so it's a little bit of a drag to help your opponent with ways to win.

Keep me posted and we can figure out a way to hook up and play.

Certainly will! Rebecca and I are trying to co-op the central IN henchman thing, so we might see if you guys could come over this summer/fall for an event. Or maybe just for some friendly games. =] it's all good. We'll also make the trek out there so you have the home field advantage. ;)

Certainly will! Rebecca and I are trying to co-op the central IN henchman thing, so we might see if you guys could come over this summer/fall for an event. Or maybe just for some friendly games. =] it's all good. We'll also make the trek out there so you have the home field advantage. ;)

Home field advantage doesn't matter with the Viks... they kill EVERYTHING in sight!!! lol

:]

EDIT: We will definitely make the trek over and offer some games over here. We are in the works of looking into setting up a tournament in Central Indiana as a co-op gaming grounds thing where you play representing your hometown. Winner gets bragging rights as the best town (for now...) and maybe a prize or two. ;D

Edited by RebeccaJo

Me and my buddy are thinking about trying to co-henchman central Ohio as well seeing as our gaming group represents almost every crew.

I know I would be down to travel for a "Best Town Tournament." Try and get some bragging rights for Columbus. It also seems like you guys are pretty centrally located to a lot of players (Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, maybe Michigan) so it could also get a killer turnout. We ,of course, are always willing to host or help. It might feel good to lose to different players! 3 hours isn't really a drive to most of my group (we are all weird road-trippers) so we might even be able to play multiple times... maybe even become friends... woah. I'll pitch this to my group.

In other news, I am using this thread and you two specifically to guilt my girlfriend into trying Malifaux. She said she is willing to try it. HA!

Me and my buddy are thinking about trying to co-henchman central Ohio as well seeing as our gaming group represents almost every crew.

I know I would be down to travel for a "Best Town Tournament." Try and get some bragging rights for Columbus. It also seems like you guys are pretty centrally located to a lot of players (Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, maybe Michigan) so it could also get a killer turnout. We ,of course, are always willing to host or help. It might feel good to lose to different players! 3 hours isn't really a drive to most of my group (we are all weird road-trippers) so we might even be able to play multiple times... maybe even become friends... woah. I'll pitch this to my group.

In other news, I am using this thread and you two specifically to guilt my girlfriend into trying Malifaux. She said she is willing to try it. HA!

First off, Town vs Town, Rebecca and i have thought about that, and we would be SO down for that! and here in indiana, we have two game stores that will let us reserve their game space for an all day game on saturday as long as i give them a few weeks notice. they do open gaming, so it would also be a good time to show off and rekindle some love for the game!

Secondly, the world needs more girls in the hobby... not to mention, it's insanely nice to be able to talk stratagies and tactics with the woman you love... trust me, it's awesome. :D

Secondly, the world needs more girls in the hobby... not to mention, it's insanely nice to be able to talk stratagies and tactics with the woman you love... trust me, it's awesome. :D

Agreed. I was jealous when I found out about you two. I was jealous when my buddy got his girlfriend to play. I'm just an all around envious guy. I also hope that if I get her to play, it will mean an awesome gaming corner in a room of our new place... an actual place to work and have everything laid out. Oh! What a dream it would be!

Talking strategy with her is probably a ways off since she was getting frustrated with me as I was just trying to explain the models' cards layout... granted I'm probably not the greatest teacher. We'll see how far we can get. The real problem is that I think she is figuring out I am trying to full on convert her to nerd. I got her into comic books, tried to sell her on sci-fi, and now tabletops.

I also found your thread in Events and bumped it to the top. Figured it couldn't hurt in organizing the Tri-State tourney.

I am in class and away from a computer for not even an hour and you're bragging about me. ;]

@requirement. I'm in on playing games. :] and I'm glad your girlfriend is you going to try playing. I admit, the first time I watched Jeremy and his brother play... I was so bored. It took playing it a couple times to get into it, and I haven't looked back :]

I am in class and away from a computer for not even an hour and you're bragging about me. ;]

@requirement. I'm in on playing games. :] and I'm glad your girlfriend is you going to try playing. I admit, the first time I watched Jeremy and his brother play... I was so bored. It took playing it a couple times to get into it, and I haven't looked back :]

1) Call her up and tell her that! :)

2) Did you have tabletop experience before Malifaux?

1) Call her up and tell her that! :)

2) Did you have tabletop experience before Malifaux?

1) when Jeremy and I come over, I'll give a live testimony. Lol.

2) no. The most nerdy I have gotten, ever, was video games and stargate. :) Malifaux was my first experience ever. Before that I considered them WAY too nerdy. Lol. Its still nerdy, but I am proud. :). Plus, I consider Malifaux to be the smart person's tabletop game verses the other ones I have been told about. :P

Edited by RebeccaJo

i can't decide if the "them" in that sentance is them (daniel and i) or them (tabletop games)... but i think she meant Daniel and I!

:P

Hey now. You know I meant tabletop games. Lol. I guess I could of worded it better, but my legislation class takes precedent. And my iPhone makes responding slow and sometimes complicated. :P

Hey now. You know I meant tabletop games. Lol. I guess I could of worded it better, but my legislation class takes precedent. And my iPhone makes responding slow and sometimes complicated. :P

Yeah, you better pay attenion in class... that way when i get depressed from my constant losing streak against you and can't muster the energy to get to work... you can still keep us from being homeless... <3

Ah, you give me such hope. I'm thinking I might get her to sit down and actually figure out the game in the next few days.

DO IT! but make sure you take her to dinner first... ;) trust me, it works!

Ah, you give me such hope. I'm thinking I might get her to sit down and actually figure out the game in the next few days.

Do it!! I don't know what crews you have available, but if you have any of the books, have her look through it and see what she likes. That's how I got into Colette and Viks (sort of, I played her then got into her fluff). I've seen a lot of guys say they got their girlfriends to at least play once in a while or at least tolerate it by getting them into the fluff or crews that looked fun to them. :)

From what i hear, Teddy, Colette, and Lillith are all good draws for guys girlfriends. :)

I know that changes from person to person... but it's a place to start. :)

EDIT: and i know Rebecca mentioned it already, and that you probably figured it too... but the fluff is a GREAT place to start for anyone... i hooked a coupld people just by talking about it. Sold one on pandora and another on Raspy... that is... untill the new MtG set released... then our raspy player went back to magic... now all he does is play Mass Effect 3... lol

Edited by Jewomie

Right. I'm probably going to give her book one and two get her into the fluff. I also think looking at the pretty models helps a lot of people get into it. It helped me. Conversely it also made me by Lucius as my first box... bad one to learn on with not tabletop experience.

Like I said, I have gotten her into comics. So, there is a precedent set for me getting her into nerd stuff. And I mean, she wears glasses... how can she not be a nerd.