This is going to be legend.... wait for it......

RebeccaJo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here is my Alt Marcus! :D

His skin was a lot of work, but i think (personally) that i nailed it. I learned that a light purple wash suits the browns really well in his skin tones. I never would have guessed that. I hope you all enjoy him, and as always, please let me know what you think! :D

EDIT: the picture kind of makes his eyes look a bit... off... that is just the source lighting i added to make his eyes look like they are glowing. :D it's yellow with just a hint of P3 Heartfire. :D

post-9601-13911922871727_thumb.jpg

post-9601-13911922872126_thumb.jpg

P.S. Next up is the repainting of my Regular Marcus! :D

Edited by Jewomie

GREAT JOB DARLING!!! I loved painting next to you while you did this one. :D He looks badass. We were working on both of our black skinned models at the same time, so it was fun to be gone at school during the week and come back to find that he has new tricks. :D I think he looks great. This is you're best painted model to date!!

<3

Edited by RebeccaJo

Kinda sad that Jewomie didn't get feedback this week.....

Oh well, we will be posting some more stuff this weekend. I will try to have something up by Sunday. My half of the painting desk is FILLED with primed models waiting to be painted... one of these days they will be all finished. lol. But probably not this week. I have a massive amount of stuff to do for college heading into finals week. BLECH!

Long story short, hopefully something will be posted by either Jeremy or myself. :D

Thank you everyone! =] we appreciate all the feed back, and i am really proud of the pieces we've posted. :D i have to say, it's pretty awsome to hear what you all think. (and it helps that most of you seem pretty pleased! ;) )

Sadly, between cars breaking down, grandparents getting sick, phones falling into the toilet, my brother's impending return from california (if only for a couple days) plus finals week for Rebecca and a promotion for myself... we have had a hectic couple of weeks and very little time to paint.

However, i have a secret update for you...:Hiding_Puppet: Rebecca has started on her alt and avatar viks. and i must say, easily her best work yet. you all will be impressed. so look for those in the coming weeks. Once finals are over, i'm sure she'll have a little more time to paint. =] maybe even some more motivation. :P

as a side note to that, i LOVE the new Vik sculpts. Alts and Avatars alike. I was sceptical at first, but now that i've held them in my hand both with and without paint... i can say with confidence that if you were even the least bit interested in them, get them. you wont be dissappointed.

My Rogue Necromancy is on my table at the moment... he's been a real bastard to paint... i can't seem to find a theme that inspires me. Meaning... he's probably going in for a simple green bath tonight and i'm starting over.

Thanks for coming back and keeping the comments rolling in!

We'll have shiney pics for you real soon!

Edited by Jewomie
Spelling fail

Thank you everyone! =] we appreciate all the feed back, and i am really proud of the pieces we've posted. :D i have to say, it's pretty awsome to hear what you all think. (and it helps that most of you seem pretty pleased! ;) )

Sadly, between cars breaking down, grandparents getting sick, phones falling into the toilet, my brother's impending return from california (if only for a couple days) plus finals week for Rebecca and a promotion for myself... we have had a hectic couple of weeks and very little time to paint.

However, i have a secret update for you...:Hiding_Puppet: Rebecca has started on her alt and avatar viks. and i must say, easily her best work yet. you all will be impressed. so look for those in the coming weeks. Once finals are over, i'm sure she'll have a little more time to paint. =] maybe even some more motivation. :P

as a side note to that, i LOVE the new Vik sculpts. Alts and Avatars alike. I was sceptical at first, but now that i've held them in my hand both with and without paint... i can say with confidence that if you were even the least bit interested in them, get them. you wont be dissappointed.

My Rogue Necromancy is on my table at the moment... he's been a real bastard to paint... i can't seem to find a theme that inspires me. Meaning... he's probably going in for a simple green bath tonight and i'm starting over.

Thanks for coming back and keeping the comments rolling in!

We'll have shiney pics for you real soon!

No rush... I'm sure you'll have awesome results... can't wait!

• 5 weeks later...

So, getting around to posting these has taken way to long... sorry about that. With finals, family visits, lease signing, job hunting, Diablo 3, and wedding talk... I've been really busy these past couple weeks.

So without any other excuse, here is my Alt Viks. I will post my aViks soon.. they've been done just as long as my alts have but I still need to pin and glue gun vik onto the base. lol. These were a lot of fun to paint. most of the colors are mixed with god knows how many colors. I really hope you like them. I think they are my best work yet. :D

Here's Gun Vik: She was sooooo much fun. I was looking at the Avatar box wondering what color to paint her coat and I saw the purple on the concept art. So, I just mixed until I got this shade. :D

post-9639-13911923358646_thumb.jpg

post-9639-13911923359054_thumb.jpg

Here's Sword Vik: She was tricky...I had to paint and attach the swords on her back separate. But overall, I think she looks good.

post-9639-13911923359458_thumb.jpg

post-9639-13911923359878_thumb.jpg

And here they are together. :]

post-9639-13911923358229_thumb.jpg

As always C&C is welcome and encouraged. :D

Thanks!

Edited by RebeccaJo

I think I like the aPokey better, she seems to be better shaded and detailed, but both are well painted. Maybe some day I'll pick them up, but every time I play the Viks at home the games go so well in my favor they cause a marital dispute. I've been playing my Guild more lately. *grin*

I think I like the aPokey better, she seems to be better shaded and detailed, but both are well painted. Maybe some day I'll pick them up, but every time I play the Viks at home the games go so well in my favor they cause a marital dispute. I've been playing my Guild more lately. *grin*

It's funny you say that Dues, seeing them in person, i actually feel the opposite way. lol. The purples on her coat are really rich and look amazing. I do like her a little bit more than Pokey vik. But i'm lucky and see them right here on my desk. I think one thing we need to look into is a softer light. i've noticed out light washes out some of our shading since it's so harsh. We'll have to look in to this.

I also know what you mean by Marital Dispute... she has kicked my ass with them in all but one game... and we only "tied" that game because we called it early. =] hahaha. it's okay though, i love playing Dr. McM. win or lose... hahah

and for my soon-to-be-marital support... these look really great darling!!!!!

wow, I've been waiting for some outcasts from you for some time now...

the waiting suspense is somewhat like this (I have a feeling you're going to like this *grin*)

tumblr_lx1jmcN6fM1qzjzedo1_500.jpg

on a more serious note:

they look really good together! love the purple colour of the coat. and it also goes well with the other one's shirt thingy.. the metal is also great!

is it just me or are their eyes a bit strange, though? somehow on these pics they lack a bit of definition...

and for my soon-to-be-marital support... these look really great darling!!!!!

not soon enough, darling. :D

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Thanks! I like them both, but like Jeremy, I have a soft spot for the purple :D

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

wow, I've been waiting for some outcasts from you for some time now...

the waiting suspense is somewhat like this (I have a feeling you're going to like this *grin*)

tumblr_lx1jmcN6fM1qzjzedo1_500.jpg

on a more serious note:

they look really good together! love the purple colour of the coat. and it also goes well with the other one's shirt thingy.. the metal is also great!

is it just me or are their eyes a bit strange, though? somehow on these pics they lack a bit of definition...

OKAY

1. That comic is hilarious!

2. I agree with the definition... I'm not partial to painting faces. I also think the lighting has something to do with that. The light we have is harsh. :/

3. Thanks!

you are right about the lighting being harsh, it does seem to "fry" the miniatures. did you see this thread:

Ballad of the midnight painter?

it's hilarious, but most importantly on page 4 there is a description of a cheap-a$$ lightbox for photographing the miniatures the author calls "Ghetto Jug™" :)

this can really help your photographing...

g2inc.jpg

anyway, hope this helps. if not, at least you'll have a laugh reading the stuff...

you are right about the lighting being harsh, it does seem to "fry" the miniatures. did you see this thread:

it's hilarious, but most importantly on page 4 there is a description of a cheap-a$$ lightbox for photographing the miniatures the author calls "Ghetto Jug™" :)

g2inc.jpg

anyway, hope this helps. if not, at least you'll have a laugh reading the stuff...

Jeremy has told me about that... We've talked about it, but no looked into it. Maybe we'll do that this weekend and I'll get some better posted pictures up soon.

Thanks for placing the link. It would have taken me a while to find it on my own. :D

g2inc.jpg

thank you for this! we will begin preparing the preparations at once!!!!!!