This is going to be legend.... wait for it......

RebeccaJo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work! The couch came out wonderfully, and so did the blan(flag)ket.

All that free-handed text makes my eyes hurt... you did really well on it... but just thinking about subjecting myself to that... gah!

haha.

also, thanks for the kind words on our work! :D

1) Jewomie and RebeccaJo - Your paints are sick. Absolute fan-boy nerd out over all your models. The greyscale with OSL is beautiful. I can't wait to try and beat these guys.

2) The cloth technique? Invaluable! I can't wait to have a model to try it on.

3)Demonn - Your IP diorama is most excellent and quite the novel idea.

Ummm....wow. I love the idea. I do think the red pants are a bit loud for such a minor model. It's not so bad on LAdy J as she is the boss. But that's opinion. The paintjob itself is superb. And I think the monochrome nature of the models really helps the OSL effect pop. I really don't think I'm brave enough to try something like this yet.

Thanks Bruglyother. I do agree that the red is a really striking color for a rather minor piece, but with only the one knee showing, i thought i would go ahead and do it. I don't know if you've seen the film, but he's somewhat based on Clive Owen's character that wore the bright red chuck taylors. i think it turned out well enough. The pictures lightened up all the colors a bit though, it's not quite as loud in person. Same with Lucius' mask. the colors did flair up a bit. Thanks again for the C&C it's certainly what i'm looking for here. :D

That Sin City crew looks awesome, it's crying out for a female desperate merc or miss demenor with just red lipstick.

As soon as i can get my hands on Miss Demenor, i'll do it. :D Any thoughts on if the female guild guard's face is visible enough? otherwise, i might do this with Perditia. i gave her green gloves... but i am somewhat unimpressed with them. :/ she would look cool with red lipstick though... :D Great call, thank you.

1) Jewomie and RebeccaJo - Your paints are sick. Absolute fan-boy nerd out over all your models. The greyscale with OSL is beautiful. I can't wait to try and beat these guys.

2) The cloth technique? Invaluable! I can't wait to have a model to try it on.

1) thank you sir. that is always nice to hear. I will let you in on a secret... My models only look scary... the real scary part is how many games i've lost. ;) it's Rebecca you'll have trouble with. her viks are insane! and now she has the alts and the avatar to paint... so... more pieces for her to kill me with. :D

2) any time. I hope you can find a use for it! i think it's a cool effect, and now i'm glad i paid attention when Daniel was making it. otherwise that information would be lost to the US Navy for at least 6 years... as Daniel hasn't had any time to even get on the forums, much less get any painting or games in. :/ hopefully he'll come home soon and i'll finally get a win in... nevermind that he's rusty... ;)

With any luck i'll have some stuff up here this weekend...

my goal is to put finishing touches on:

AltMarcus

all 4 Malifaux Raptors

2 Night Terrors

and 3 Silurids

Plus the Dead Rider

It might sound like a lot to do in only a couple nights, but They are all pretty much done... they just stay on my painting table so i can avoid actually calling them finished. lol.

Thanks for coming back! we'll get some more goodies soon!

AND my exorsist and Desp. Merc came in on Tuesday, so they are now primed and good to go.

Edited by Jewomie

With any luck i'll have some stuff up here this weekend...

my goal is to put finishing touches on:

AltMarcus

all 4 Malifaux Raptors

2 Night Terrors

and 3 Silurids

Plus the Dead Rider

JEEZ!!! I can't say I'm any better. I have:

Female Desperate Merc

3 Ten Thunders

1 Ronin

Misaki (to finish at some point)

Both Alt Viks

AVik

Convict

..... yeah I have way to much to finish. I also hate that I can't paint during the week... stupid school. So sorry guys. I probably wont be posting anything for a while... I have finals coming up and my constitutional liberties book doesn't read itself... or do my case briefs for that matter... LOL.

As soon as i can get my hands on Miss Demenor, i'll do it. :D Any thoughts on if the female guild guard's face is visible enough? otherwise, i might do this with Perditia. i gave her green gloves... but i am somewhat unimpressed with them. :/ she would look cool with red lipstick though... :D Great call, thank you.

dude, Perdita would look like Jessica Alba on Sin City... if you can model a lasso... there you go!

So I busted through some of my reading and as a reward, I added some work to the Female Desperate Merc. The shirt just got it's first coat... It needs a lot of work.. I'm going to add colored stripes to give it a plaid effect to mimic my favorite shirt that I stole from Jeremy. :P Let me know what you think. Hopefully she'll be finished this weekend. I have a lot of other stuff to do though... so we'll see. :/

Like I said, let me know what you think! :D

post-9639-13911922781619_thumb.jpg

So I busted through some of my reading and as a reward, I added some work to the Female Desperate Merc. The shirt just got it's first coat... It needs a lot of work.. I'm going to add colored stripes to give it a plaid effect to mimic my favorite shirt that I stole from Jeremy. :P Let me know what you think. Hopefully she'll be finished this weekend. I have a lot of other stuff to do though... so we'll see. :/

Like I said, let me know what you think! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4938[/ATTACH]

Awesome! looks hot!

Excellent desperate merc! I love the colour scheme you chose for her...

One bit I'd add is a bit of grass on the base just to add some contrast to the model.. it needn't be spring green, just some (sun)burnt clumps of grass would give it an extra edge..

Thanks!! So I took your advice and added some color. Since it was a scrap base, I went with the two tubes sticking up and painted them red with a silver dry brush. :D I think it looks a lot better. Thank you! Jeremy's male desperate merc's base has some red on it so they match :D

Here's the updated Female Desperate Merc!

post-9639-1391192285809_thumb.jpg

post-9639-13911922858471_thumb.jpg

Also, in my procrastination, here is my repainted Convict Gunslinger.

Mr. M&M Killer himself. :D

post-9639-1391192285881_thumb.jpg

post-9639-13911922859187_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think! :D

This weekend was a good one for the painting table. I finished all my Raptors and my Night terrors. I'll post some pics eventually, but for now i'll post some of my new stuff.

I started with the new Exorcist. Wow, he was fun to paint. And really easy too. i think i spent a total of 3 hours on him. He is almost 100% dry brushing and washing. It came together really well, but at first, two red washes in... i hated it. Rebecca convinced me to keep going with it. 6 coats later, i love it.

post-9601-13911922859599_thumb.jpg

post-9601-13911922860341_thumb.jpg

next up is the Desperate Merc. Wow he was a joy to paint. :D His coat was fun, and i think it came out pretty well.

post-9601-13911922860971_thumb.jpg

post-9601-13911922861396_thumb.jpg

As always, please let us know what you think!!!!!!!

They look great! If I´m not mistaken you drybrush them? Try to use less paint on your brush to avoid some parts to look "chalky".

Drybrushing is something that many painters talk bad about, drybrsuh=bad paintjob, but you do it well. If drybrushing is done well, it looks good. I use it from time to time and even manage to score first prize in a GW painting competition in Stockholm, Sweden last year using that technique.

Thanks!! So I took your advice and added some color. Since it was a scrap base, I went with the two tubes sticking up and painted them red with a silver dry brush. :D I think it looks a lot better. Thank you! Jeremy's male desperate merc's base has some red on it so they match :D

Here's the updated Female Desperate Merc!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4986[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4987[/ATTACH]

Also, in my procrastination, here is my repainted Convict Gunslinger.

Mr. M&M Killer himself. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4988[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4989[/ATTACH]

Let me know what you think! :D

Your convict gunslinger looks awesome! looks like a dangerous Cat in the Hat... how did you make the hat?

Thanks!! I actually didn't make it. Jewomie and I cut off a gremlin's head to get it. Lol. We actually cut a lot of gremlins up that night. It was quite fun :)

Oic.. poor old gremlins... well, at least you're having fun... it will take me years to get my painting up to the same level as yours... keep up the good work!

Oic.. poor old gremlins... well, at least you're having fun... it will take me years to get my painting up to the same level as yours... keep up the good work!

haha. Thank you so much!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

yup, the hat is legen...wait for it...

:)

bahahahahahah!!!!! =]