South Denver/Highlands Ranch Colorado, 30SS Tournament April 7th, Noon

greyseerco

Spring is in the air and Daisies are popping up like Zombies and the snow for the most part has retreated to the hills.

So its time to shake off those winter blues and come to

Enchanted Grounds

8800 S. Colorado Blvd.

Highlands Ranch , CO 80126

Phone: 303-470-1010

on Saturday, April 7th from Noon until done.

Vitals:

30 Soul Stones.

85 Minute rounds.

Single Faction.

2 Schemes/round – Note a scheme can only be used once/tournament.

Disparity Format. Fixed Share Strategies: Treasure Hunt, Destroy the Evidence, Reconnoiter, Claim Jump.

$5/player fee goes towards prizes.

More Info: Contact Nathan by PM greyseerco at the Wyrd Games Forum at www.wyrd-games.net

Hope to see you there.

Nathan/greyseerco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As there is no pre-registration (more first come first served, cap of 16 players) I think I would be optimistic to get 8 to 12 players. As it is Easter weekend, I am not sure. Last time I did it over a holiday weekend (Halloween) it did not garnish as much attendance as I had hoped.

I have to say I am stoked for this one. Looking forward to playing some of these I have only seen at events I've ran. And maybe I can back up some of the smack I always talk(but probably not). I also hope to meet some new people as well, after all, that why I go.

Catch you all tomorrow!

Crimsonwraith made the trek and so I had a turn out of 1. We waiting until 12:30 then closed shop and left about 1. :(

After this and the October turn out, I think it is time I hung up my spurs as a Henchman, its been a good 2 year run.

I will encourage any who wish to play Malifaux to seek the Tuesday group at Total Escape Games or ask at your FLGS to see if there is a store near you that has regular play.

Hey greyseerco, sorry to hear about the bad turn out for your tournament. That can be a real let down. I hope you don't stop playing Malifaux. It's a great game. You're the guy who got me into it to begin with. :) Or maybe you just need a break. Either way, I hope you are doing alright.

Oh I won't quit the game, just need to step down as Henchman as my new work schedule does not allow me to build the necessary interest at EG to support a tournament. So I am glad there is at least one location in the Denver Metro area (as well as more even further north in Ft. Collins) to support those who wish to compete. EG will continue to stock the product and who knows, there may come another Henchman who can build the crowd and start anew.

Hi there,

I just joined up today on the board and saw your post, live in the area (Aurora) and have just started buying things from Enchanted Grounds since Attactix closed down semi-recently near us. I run a gaming group that meets on Monday nights and we JUST got in to Malifaux, still trying to learn the ins and outs of it (like how to play) and paint up our minis.

So far there are 4 of us with factions from: The Guild (Lady Justice/ Perdita); Arcanists (Rasputina); Resurrectionists (Kirai); and Neverborn (The Dreamer). 1 more who is trying to figure what to do.

I am extremely sorry to hear that you are stepping down and ask that you reconsider giving up on all attempts at hosting things at Enchanted Grounds. I know for a fact that we could get 4 or 5 of us out there in the near future (Once we get some minis painted up) to give it a go if you're up for it and scheduling works out. We'd all love to learn how to play the game.

-Archangel-

I would like to thank Greyseerco for running the event, even if it flopped. It is well worth the drive to get even a chance to play in a tournament. I also enjoyed the lunch and the chat. Hope to see you around, and hopefully, someday, across the table. Best wishes.

As an aside on the massive whole left by his leaving, there is a group at Total Escape Games in Broomfield starting a league next Tuesday(4/17) with one of them looking to become a henchman. Until he does, I will continue to run events there and am starting to run some things in Fort Collins. I am currently contemplating stepping things up on my end to running a tournament every month. Don't hold me to it

• 2 weeks later...
Oh I won't quit the game, just need to step down as Henchman as my new work schedule does not allow me to build the necessary interest at EG to support a tournament. So I am glad there is at least one location in the Denver Metro area (as well as more even further north in Ft. Collins) to support those who wish to compete. EG will continue to stock the product and who knows, there may come another Henchman who can build the crowd and start anew.

I'd love to catch some one-on-one games if we can arrange them. I'm trying to keep my 25 SS crew in my car just in case.

• 1 month later...

FYI to all:

Hey, all, since we've got a growing gaming community, we decided to start a Colorado Malifaux page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/375458059167152/

It has a teddy group emblem. You have now been convinced to join.

Also, for WarmaHordes players in Colorado, there's a group for that, too: http://www.facebook.com/groups/ColoradoWarmachine/