Considering Leviticus, have some questions?

mattbird

Hi all, I was considering running Levi, and have never seen him played before, so had a few questions.

Am I correct that there is no tricky way to move him around apart from re-summoning him upfield next to a hollow waif?

Can someone walk me through the step-by-step move tricks with Hollow Waifs?

I like ashes and dust, and was wondering if there are good builds for it in 30/ 35ss games?

thanks for any tips and advice. ;)

That's the best way to move him around, certainly. You can also attack him with a Dead Rider and drag him upfield, putting some Wds on him. Some people also use Molly to give him +3Wk.

I don't know what you mean by this. If Leveticus dies and a Hollow Waif is alive, he will be placed in base to base with it. Then the Hollow Waifs all die and get summoned completely within 6" of Leveticus. The Hollow Waifs can then walk up to 6".

There are. I find it gets much better with Rusty Alyce. Honestly, the best thing to do is get your own feel for it. I've seen a lot of debate on the Ashes and Dust. I personally love it, but others may disagree. Try it out a few times and see how you feel.

As for other advice... the Desolation Engine is not as great as you might hope. If you can get one out, great, but going out of your way for it is usually a waste.

Hello, hope you don't think I'm hijacking the thread but I too have a Levi crew and was also needing a little help.

With movement he also had +1 necromantic sarifice boosting the move distance if needed, this could give him a movement boost couldn't it?

My thoughts are this...

To create SPA you need corpse/scrap counters..so how do I create a supply of these to use?

I too have fallen into the desolation engine trap, you can waste an awful lot of effort to try and get him on the board.....but it is a cool and scary model :-)

Necromantic Sacrifice will give you an additional move.

To create an SPA you actually don't need scrap, and you can't do it from corpses. Leveticus (and his crew) have a variety of ways to create SPAs without scrap counters. Desolate Warping trigger on the Desolation Engine and SPAs, for example. Leveticus can get one via certain model types with Entropic Transformation or from anything with Necrotic Unmaking. Suffice it to say, there are a lot of ways to get SPAs.

Creating SPAs is fairly easy, but if you focus on creating them you'll have some trouble. For example, using Entropic on a scrap is usually not a great use of Leve's time. He is much better of killing the enemy and hoping to get SPAs in the process.

SPAs are incredibly easy to kill and most people will have something that is better off killing an SPA to prevent a DE. Obviously you want the threat of the DE, but if you're spending an AP + 3 Wds to get an SPA from a scrap counter, there was probably something more effective you could have done with that action.

That's my experience, anyway.

I like ashes and dust, and was wondering if there are good builds for it in 30/ 35ss games?

After A&D and the dog you've only got 15/20 points left, and you should probably have some stones from that.

Alyce can cast Burn Out on him, which is really good, just don't forget to use Implant Decay at the end of his second activation. You can even bring an SPA or two to Contort forward with. This is pretty one-trick-pony, though.

Really, however, this is a game about Strategies and Schemes and Leveticus has one of the largest lists of viable minions available to him. You should be choosing your list only once you know your opponent, your mission, and your table.

Go read up on his options and think about what you'll need for the game you're about to play.