Tin Soldier Penrith: Soulgrinder Slow-Grow League and Tournament-March 17th

Hello all my fellow gamers! This is the first real Malifaux event and tournament for Malifaux being held at the Tin Soldier Penrith!!! It is an excellent event for first time players as well as seasoned veterans to get together and play.

Type of Event: A 5 week slow grow league with a tournament on the 5th Week. Players will start with a new starter box set in week 1 playing 25 soulstone games. In week 2 players will expand their force to 35 points and gain extra points for having their starter box painted. By the 3rd week players will expand their force to 50 points and play 35 point games and gain extra points for having 35 points painted. In the fourth week players will be playing the same format as the 3rd week but require a fully painted 50 point list for the day. On the final week we will be holding a standard format tournament with the starter box sets players have grown throughout the league.

Date and Time: March 17th 2012 till April 14th starting at 10am till 5pm each Wednesday and Saturday.

Phone Number: 02 4731 4623

If there are any questions gentlemen and ladies, feel free to drop me a PM

Hope to see you all there guys!

So how does it work? Do we turn up the first week with a starter box built and ready to play, or do we buy one there and get it ready for the next time? Is that 10am-5pm on the Wednesdays as well?

Registration before 3rd of March gains you entrance to the door prize. Also, the store will be giving 10% off all Malifaux products purchased by league attendants during the league. There will also be a prize for the league champion and one for the tournament winner.

Showing up with a starter box is fine, as well is the 'buy a new one and build it' option. Wednesdays will be from 10am til 5pm, but the store is open till 11pm on Wednesdays so late night gaming is also fine.

To answer another person's question, if you already have a team painted or not that you would like to use, thats perfectly fine as well :)

I'll have to see if I can get out there but I will be going to Qld for a couple of weeks after the 17th... Also I've been on a painting spree and I don't think I have any boxed sets unpainted so it's good that you can have something already painted heh

Also I've been on a painting spree and I don't think I have any boxed sets unpainted so it's good that you can have something already painted heh

Same here. I've just finished my Ortega crew and wasn't looking at starting another Malifaux crew just yet. I'm happy to turn up and play though! :)

Although ... Hoffman's crew has been looking interesting ... and the new Nicodem models look good ... and ... and ... :P

What about new figures for existing crews? There's new Ortega and Lilith stuff coming out that's definitely on my wish list.

Hey guys and gals

To register for this event, PM me with your name, caster you are using, contact number, and email. Money is to be paid to the store. Alternatively, players can register in the Tin Soldier Penrith.

Please register before 3rd of March, just so we can finalise numbers :)

Edited by DarthVallen

• 2 weeks later...

Hello one and all!!!

This week marks the first week of the Soulgrinder slow-grow league and tournament at the Tin Soldier Penrith. The first official day is on Saturday, so sign up quickly to ensure your place in this amazing event. To those who can only make it Wednesday nights, the first day of the league for you is on tonight from 5pm till 11pm at the store.

Thanks players

Ben Van Rijn

Saturday's Soulgrinder League had a great turn out! We had 10 players turn up and had a great day of Malifaux fun! The door prize was given to the winner of the pre-registration name draw and everyone had a fantastic time. I cannot wait for next Saturday and see even more people turn up! We even had some photos taken on the day that I'll be posting on this page shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Well we've come to our last week of the league, and with a turnout of roughly 12 people it has been a great success! Thank you to all the gamers that joined in this amazing event and the winner will be crowned this Saturday. You guys have really made this event an amazing one, and I can't wait to see how well the tournament goes.

Thanks a lot guys

BenVR