Tournament Saturday 31st March - Scythe and Teacup Gamer Cafe, Liverpool

Calmdown

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the hell am I like sleep typing or something?

I want that skill!

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Mother of trolls malandres is calmdowns alter ego! Stupid babies

So what you guys are saying is there could be 2 calmdowns at tournaments from now on....could be worse could be 2 craigs ;)

Shame you can't do doubles Richard, got a few people who wanna go and have no partner!

Naval commitments are preventing it as it stands and I wouldn't be able to confirm solidly for Doubles until the day before....

So gonna have to make this one really, meet all you crazy cats and have some good fun and hopefully make lots more friends in the hobby.

I guess I should really read the rulespack...

Hello folks.

The Scythe and Teacup happens to be my FLGS. Its large, the staff are nice (or, the wargames guy, anyway). Food is cheap and good if you like things of the bacon/blackpudding/sausage/bacon persuasion.

One thing though. It's cold.

Really. Its cold. It has horrible ageing single glazed drafty windows (which they attempt to fix with cling film) and inadequate heating for a venue of its size.

So basically, dress warmly.

As far as your tournament goes I have (so far) played precisely one game of Malifaux. So I don't think I will enter. :P

I might pop in in the evening and see if one of you gents might be in the mood to teach me how to play. (at the moment myself and one of the chaps who works there are trying to muddle through with one copy of the rules between us, and its so much easier with and experienced player on hand)

Oh, regarding parking. There is on street Liverpool City Council Pay and Display right outside. This is expensive as all heck (But free for Disabled badge holders, so noteworthy)

Otherwise if you look at google maps here http://g.co/maps/k5t9v you will see an area of trees and scrub with cars in to the north of the shop. You can park here all day for £3. But it is popular. (note, the smaller area with cars behind the shop, you need a permit and you will get towed)

Hope this is helpfull!