Best minion in the game?

micahwc

Malifaux child...best useless model

Most agreeable model. Everyone agrees that he's never worth taking.

Rotten Belles are one of the best 4 stone models. Lure on a 4+ of anything, good debuffs, and one of the most resilient minions under 6 stones. I don't play Kirai so they are my go-to model if I've got a few stones to spare.

Meanwhile, the Desperate Mercenary is probably the most versatile model for crews that can take them. Fodder, cheap gun, hapless victim- they can do it all.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I'd argue that Witchling Stalkers are the Guild's Rotten Belles- they can find a home in many Guild lists.

Coryphee Duet.

It looks gorgeous, does its job well and is well worth its 14 points without being broken. If I had only one problem with the thing, it's that I see a lot of Colette players coming to rely upon it because its so good, and not really learning how to utilize the rest of their crew as well as they could.

That is almost word-for-word what I came into this post intending to say.

Well, I exclusively play Gremlins, and as I can't say Ophelia or Mosquitoes, I've got a big struggle to pick here...

Raphael LaCroix.

He is full of character, giving the two fingered salute, with the ugliest mug you ever did see, but he's won me so many games. 20" movement has got me last minute VPs, let me interact early, or surprise a grab. He is so very, very good.

Rami because he always makes back his soulstones in damage, and the pig counterbalance is amazing!

Pigapult because PIGAPULT and making it easier to get to counters, deliver a message on the first turn, throw mosquitoes to eat your cards/sooey, throw Ophelia with a oulstone to kill you!

The humble Bayou Gremlin: because he can rock out on a banjo, and for 2ss is significant, can sacrifice to do 2", can heal avatar som'er by running in fear, can be terrifying, 15" movement.. so many options

Gremlinette because she is actually more disturbing than Ophelia's assets. I don't want to think about how Ooh it's a girl! works on her. Oh god...

Convict Gunslinger

Hard to argue, but I also really like Night Terrors.

I don't like the sculpts so much though I dig the artwork in Rising Powers. Super fast, easy to hide, hard to kill, great in pairs with (0) movement shenanigans, give me a mask an I hobble you. THREE STONES.

My only beef: the Dreamer has access to them.

Edited by Hatchethead

Pound for pound, I have to say it has to be one of the following:

Night Terror

Lelu

Night Terrors are simply amazing. Super tough, uber fast and fly/spirit, significant, great triggers and abilities. 3 points of niceness.

Lelu is hands down the best combat model in the game. Great damage range, flay, auto poison, melee expert, and another, magical attack in his (0). An alternate form of attack with vamp bite for higher Cb. Flight. Df 5 Wd 9 Regen 2. He's silly stupid.

Coryphee Duet.

It looks gorgeous, does its job well and is well worth its 14 points without being broken. If I had only one problem with the thing, it's that I see a lot of Colette players coming to rely upon it because its so good, and not really learning how to utilize the rest of their crew as well as they could.

Although they are the worst to assemble and base. I may strangle someone.

Pound for pound, I have to say it has to be one of the following:

Night Terror

Lelu

Night Terrors are simply amazing. Super tough, uber fast and fly/spirit, significant, great triggers and abilities. 3 points of niceness.

Lelu is hands down the best combat model in the game. Great damage range, flay, auto poison, melee expert, and another, magical attack in his (0). An alternate form of attack with vamp bite for higher Cb. Flight. Df 5 Wd 9 Regen 2. He's silly stupid.

Plus Lelu's ability to inflict two wounds on nearby models at the end of the turn, with no resist allowed. This is great for models with stupid high defense (Lilith, Peredita) or with defenses which are hard to bypass (Pandora, Kirai, etc.)

My first instinct for all around value and utility was Stitched together.

They're just horrendously good, especially at 5ss.

Convict gunslinger was my next thought, not far behind.

Best for my faction? has to be Witchlings for me. Magical Melee attacks, with decent damage, resiliant vs Magic attacks, nice movement abilities.

Best support Minion: Snow Storm. Extremely expensive, but make the December crew work in so many ways with movement and defensive shenanigans. Hits like a truck too.

Best other? I think the Soulstone miner deserves a mention, and while I have least experience of Resser's, Rotten belles seem very popular.

FWIW I can't endorse Coryphee, as they're tricky to get your points back on in my experience, and Lelu depends on his Sister, which pushes him down just a bit. Still great, just not for my money best.

Edited by fishtank