"jazz hans?"

letsallchant

i was thinking of taking hans with a kirai crew? turning him into a spirit, for increased resilience... then you could swirl spirits to overcome the disadvantage of him not being able to move and shoot effectively? could be quite a suprise for an opponent, when suddenly hans is in a prime spot to lay down some hurt? opinions?

Hans is rather pokey as opposed to outright hurty and with swirl spirits the range wouldnt tend to be necessary. Try it with a convict gunslinger though and you will be quite pleased. His shorter range really benefits from swirlies into range also saving him ap to rapid fire without needing the opponent to move into his range.

i dunno this seems like a winner to me. move him into almost any position for free... with headshot and the custom ammo you could choose to pressure an opponents hand or minions... 16" range to any model ignoring cover, forests, harmless, pitiful, enemy models, so could easily place pressure on anywhere u wanted to... spirit plus bulletproof 2 means your opponent would have to use melee or spells to any reliable damage? if they have to move in to nullify him then they might have played right into your hand, the less activations you spend moving the more you get to attack right?

i dunno this seems like a winner to me. move him into almost any position for free... with headshot and the custom ammo you could choose to pressure an opponents hand or minions... 16" range to any model ignoring cover, forests, harmless, pitiful, enemy models, so could easily place pressure on anywhere u wanted to... spirit plus bulletproof 2 means your opponent would have to use melee or spells to any reliable damage? if they have to move in to nullify him then they might have played right into your hand, the less activations you spend moving the more you get to attack right?

For a start, Hans is already missing 1ap. Like many book models, for some reason he is expensive without ranged expert. So all youre doing is maybe getting him back an ap he should have had to start with for his cost.

Second, youre missi what most players miss; opportunity cost. Swirling Hans means youre committing to use swirl on Hans just to make him useful. Something else could be using that swirl, and making better use of it.

Third, turning things into a spirit is a trick that most good kirai players grow out of very quickly. Kirai is a very suit dependant master - if she doesnt get a mask on turn one for ItSW a good player will punish you hard. If she doesnt pull crows for summons she can struggle. Youre adding a further luck factor to your game when it is already influenced by several of them.

In short, Hans is a poor model. Dropping all these buffs on him may make him good, sure; but dropping them on a better model is simply better.