Using only 4 puppets -- should we play less rounds per turn before shuffling?

Shrapnelsmile

I would go for all five. Did a bunch of demos yesterday, and found that this provided a good chance to discuss discarding the animation card for a free (lightning) action or a free movement and all the strategies behind doing this (moving slow puppets [executioner], taking free attacks [guild hound] moving things that last space to get them on a work bench, taking a scrounge action, etc...) I also, if I had yet to mention it before, used this as the time to discuss taking the animation card into your hand (I also did it if a high suite card or red joker came up) and some of the strategies behind that.

Also, and I may be wrong here. In puppet wars, unlike Malifaux, I thought the decks where just shuffled when they ran out, not at the end of each round.

Hugor is bang on the button

Not only can you go all five rounds without having to have five puppets to animate, but in a demo it is always good to have a little structure so you know that at some point you will get to mention the things you can do with a card other than animating.

Also the deck is shuffled only after it runs out, so a good reason to put a card in your hand. Just remember that at the end of the turn, in the Discard Phase you have to discard any cards that put you over your maximum hand size (can be any cards), but you can go below your hand size and then draw back up in the Draw Phase at the start of the next turn.

Hope you all enjoy Puppet wars =]

There is a comprehensive quick reference page (list of actions, turn order, etc) on the back of the pattern book, if that is the sort of document you are looking for. I was in the process of making one myself when I happned to look at the back of the book, and thought, "wow wyrd, thaks for knowing what I wanted before I knew it myself."

There is a comprehensive quick reference page (list of actions, turn order, etc) on the back of the pattern book, if that is the sort of document you are looking for. I was in the process of making one myself when I happned to look at the back of the book, and thought, "wow wyrd, thaks for knowing what I wanted before I knew it myself."

We are in your mind.... anticipating your needs! @.@

Good Luck Sharpnelsmile! Make sure to let us know how it goes!