• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Calmdown, very nice write up!

I just wanted to highlight a thing regarding the All Done trigger technic, is that it is not the only one, the other being to unbury a buried Daydream at the same time as LCB and use it to turn LCB back into Dreamer. (sorry if you were gonna write about this later!)

I have actually never used the All Done trigger for the very reasons you gave: if you don't have the tome card or flip black joker, your game is toast. The other reason is that LCB's attacks are a little lamish if he doesn't use his full array of triggers, and not using an Onslaught (or other pain triggers) on his last attack can make his slinging rather limiting.

I guess this is coming on your plan, but it will very good to list types of models to take when facing Dreamer (MacTavish, I'm looking at you!).

Keep it up and help the community lose their fear of the Dreamer crew, it's time players take up the challenge!

EDIT: also worth mentioning (maybe already planned in your next session?), a sling of LCB can be very card consuming, since you don't want to be locked in the middle of the field; if your flips are bad the sling itself costs 3x 6/7+ cards, which leaves only 3 cards left in your hand to do LCB's attacks, so unless you have a great hand you're likely to burn ss. All that to say that the Dreamer player often runs quickly out of cards (this is important for crews using headshot and similar auto-kill and card discarding style... Hans, Jack Daw...)

Edited by poulpox