15ss Perdita v Marcus (The outcome may suprise you! But then again, probably not.)

xGIxJOKERx

I was playing in an escalation league at my LFGS. For our second game, my opponant Chris and I flipped shared line in the sand. I won the flip for attacker/ defender and so chose to defend. It made sense for the narrative as Chris was playing Arcanists and I was playing the Guild, so the Arcanists were out to sabotage something with TNT while the Guild was aiming to prevent that from happening. Our lists were as follows:Me:PerditaNinoAustringer5ss cacheBodyguard, HoldoutChris:Marcus2x MolemenSabertooth Cerberus?ss cacheBodyguard, SabotageTurn 1:I won initiative first turn and started by moving my Austringer up. Chris moved a Moleman up to one TNT marker on my right. I then moved Nino into the woods. Chris moved his other Moleman to the TNT marker just right of center. Perdita moved twice, just managed to get in range of the closest Moleman and shot him dead. With my activations over, Chris moved Marcus up and activated the TNT and then moved the Cerberus up behind the tower.WP_000075.jpgAnother angle:WP_000073.jpgMarcus activates the TNT:WP_000076.jpgTurn 2:Chris wins the initiative and activates the Cerberus. It leaps over the tower and lands next to Perdita on the other side. It then goes to work with four attacks, but Perdita’s Df and my amazingly lucky control hand keeps her alive without a scratch. WP_000078.jpgNino then takes aim and puts some hurt on Marcus. Marcus then hoofs it around the woods, putting terrain between him and Guild's guns. The Moleman activates along with Marcus and activates its TNT before burrowing and moving toward the Guild’s favorite Christmas tree with the goal of sabotaging it and ruining the holiday for the governor. Meanwhile, Perdita shot the tiger point blank twice, not killing it but still making think twice about attacking her. The Austringer threw his bird at Marcus for no effect.Turn 3:The Guild win initiative and Perdita puts a final bullet in the tiger before walking twice to the nearest active TNT . Marcus decides he has had just about enough of her BS and walks over to try to smack her with his stick but misses. Nino walks twice to get closer to the Moleman and so does the Austringer. The Moleman closes in on the tree but doesn’t have enough AP to complete the scheme. Turn 4:Guild again win initiative and Perdita activates. By this point both of us were out of soul stone (or maybe I had one? I don’t recall.) Perdita shoots Marcus point blank and after some cheating/ soul stone they end up with a tied total. She then flips the Red Joker and with the extra damage is able to put Marcus out of commission. She then uses her other 2 AP (gotta love Fast) to diffuse the TNT. The Moleman sabotages the tree and burrows. Then Nino and the Austringer work together to kill it doing one damage at a time. With all of the beasts dead and two more turns before we had to flip for end of game, we decided that Perdita would have plenty of time to disarm the other TNT bundle.Guild: 8Arcanists: 2Conclusion:There is a reason that I stopped using Perdita. She is just so good. But it was between her and the Dreamer (I am cycling through my masters for the league) and Chris chose to fight her. That coupled with some great luck for me (2nd turn my hand had the Red Joker, a couple of 10’s, an 11, and a 13) with the general underpowered nature of Marcus meant that there wasn’t much Chris could have done differently. His tactics were sound but 8 df is a sonofabitch.

Edited by xGIxJOKERx

There is a reason that I stopped using Perdita. She is just so good. But it was between her and the Dreamer (I am cycling through my masters for the league) and Chris chose to fight her. That coupled with some great luck for me (2nd turn my hand had the Red Joker, a couple of 10’s, an 11, and a 13) with the general underpowered nature of Marcus meant that there wasn’t much Chris could have done differently. His tactics were sound but 8 df is a sonofabitch.

Perdita is indeed awesome and while Marcus is not the easiest Master to use, I think his crew selection made it very hard for him to win this game.

What Marcus needed for this game was mobility, both for arming the TNT and preventing Holdout. A pair of silurid and a Jackalope would have helped alot IMO. The Jackalope could protected Marcus from shooting, and the Silurid are fast enough to zip in, arm some dynamite and zip out before Perdita could respond. The Austringer would still be able to target the silurid but so long as they stayed in cover, it would have been at :-fate to hit thanks to silent. Same with Nino. And with 8 vs 5, Marcus would have stood a better chance of dealing with Perdita (assuming he needed to at all - I'd have gone after the minions with Marcus while the Silurid armed dynamite counters).

There's also the Waldgeist. That thing would have been awesome with those forests lying around. :smugpuppet1

Just my thoughts. It was a great battle report nonetheless. ;)

Edited by Rathnard

• 2 weeks later...