The Pockets Levi Diary 2012

magicpockets

Wasn't it ruled that specific ap such as melee master would stay until the closing phase? So if you get reactivate then you'd still have melee master.

Even tho Overdrive and Burnout seem to generate Immediate effects (that occur at a specific time see pg19/20), the guys here say they will carry on from turn to turn and catch up with you if you don't bury before the end of an activation.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Activate Levi

2. Bless both Miners

3. Activate Alyce

4. Burn out both Miners

5. Activate Miner

6. Move 10"

7. Reactivate Miner

8. Move 5"

9. Bury Miner

Repeat for other Miner

Move Miners 8"

End Turn

Surface Miners

1. Activate Miner

2. Move 10"

3. Reactivate Miner

4. Defensive Stance

5. Overdrive

6. Melee Strikes if Need be.

7. Bury Miner

Repeat for other miner

Move miners 8"

End Turn

Surface Miner

1. Activate Miner

As several people have already stated your above sequence with multiple reactivates from one spell wont work. Once you use the reactivate you cannot use it again unless you recast burn out on the miner. In order to recast burnout on the miner the original burnout has to resolve because a target cannot be affected by multiple instances of the same spell. This means it has to stay above ground and has to drop down to one wound before it can be recast (unless you disspell it somehow). As MagicPockets stated if you doubt what were saying post it in the question in the rules forum. And now back to Levi...

Magic I know you were experimenting with some Anti-Dreamer lists before the masters and I was wondering what type of success you had in that department. Also are you still focusing on Collodi as the primary staple in your Levi crews? I know hes very effective but I would rather not feel as though I have to play a gold border Neverborn crew in order to compete with him. (kind of defeats the purpose)

Course of play I was using with Miners

1. Activate Levi

2. Bless both Miners

3. Activate Alyce

4. Burn out both Miners

5. Activate Miner

6. Move 10"

7. Reactivate Miner

At this point you lose the ability to reactivate again

Wasn't it ruled that specific ap such as melee master would stay until the closing phase? So if you get reactivate then you'd still have melee master.

I can't remember, will dig all the rulings out and add into my first post with links etc

Magic I know you were experimenting with some Anti-Dreamer lists before the masters and I was wondering what type of success you had in that department. Also are you still focusing on Collodi as the primary staple in your Levi crews? I know hes very effective but I would rather not feel as though I have to play a gold border Neverborn crew in order to compete with him. (kind of defeats the purpose)

I've not found a counter to Dreamer at all yet, that's my biggest challenge I think. I have a few ideas to make it difficult for Dreamer players though which I'll be testing out.

Re Collodi, he's awesome for certain objectives and good as a general beatstick, but I don't want him to become a defacto include in the crew - esp as he stops Levi taking SS Miners and Large SPAs. He's good against Dreamer as he can quickly take out daydreams - the problem is keeping him alive once he's over-stretched to do so :)

Re Collodi, he's awesome for certain objectives and good as a general beatstick, but I don't want him to become a defacto include in the crew - esp as he stops Levi taking SS Miners and Large SPAs. He's good against Dreamer as he can quickly take out daydreams - the problem is keeping him alive once he's over-stretched to do so :)

And if we're sticking to the 'playing unbroken stuff' then Collodi is on the banlist!

Do you like the Large Spa with Levi because I haven't tried him yet. I hate to say it but for some reason he seems... well to straight forward for Levi.

He's great for the 3 scrap counters - 9ss of models for 5ss (plus an extra one in your pool if you use the SS Miner to kill it). I don't use him, I kill him :)

And if we're sticking to the 'playing unbroken stuff' then Collodi is on the banlist!

Collodi is not broken, so don't even start that one.

Yeah I wouldn't say that Collodi is broken.

Surely the broken list is Dreamer, Pandora, Hamelin, Kirai, Collette?

People will argue with Pandora.

I think the real banlist is:

Dreamer, Hamelin, Kirai, Collette, Collodi, Lelu, Lilitu to be honest :)

Adam - he's not broken in an environment with Dreamer/hamelin etc, but he is powerful and very few crews have an answer to his VP-gaining shenanigans. He's barely underneath those masters in power level. This is the wrong thread to discuss it so sorry for the derailment - but you can't leave him in if you're taking the rest out.

If people are going to run Collodi under the guide of "but it's a Levi list" then I'm going to run Dreamer under the guise of "I like fluff" :P

Pandy is what is called a negative play experience, that does not mean she is broken, she's actually pretty easy to counter (very vulnerable to pulses, blast and aura's, basically things that don't target, and like all Guild Master can hard counter her).

It means that for a majority of Malifauxplayers she is just about the most unfun master to play against :)

btw, on your banlist, when playing Levi, I love meeting Hamelin (a), no-one sees it coming when you for once don't use (0) deaths lessons, and just first snipe out catchers, and as soon as catchers gone, take (0) Desolation to destroy his entire swarm in one go.

With Molly and Imbue Vigor, this combo has a threat range of 18" to get the rats

(+1) Necromantic Sacrifice, move 6"

(1) Walk 6"

(+1) Casting Expert, if you have the suits, and no cover for him, cast Unnatural Wasting, to get an extra card from Disciplined Caster

(1) Necrotic Unmaking (this amounts to a dead Catcher)

(0) Desolation (ie all rats within 6" are very likely to die (as in a 13 saves them if you get minimum casting value))

Drawbacks to combo: Hamelin gets quite some cards back

Advantages: a very clean table, without all that vermin running around :)

And of course: 1 every time Levi respawns he loses insignificant, so can attack hames again, and he suffers no ill effect from dying children :P

People will argue with Pandora.

I think the real banlist is:

Dreamer, Hamelin, Kirai, Collette, Collodi, Lelu, Lilitu to be honest :)

Adam - he's not broken in an environment with Dreamer/hamelin etc, but he is powerful and very few crews have an answer to his VP-gaining shenanigans. He's barely underneath those masters in power level. This is the wrong thread to discuss it so sorry for the derailment - but you can't leave him in if you're taking the rest out.

If people are going to run Collodi under the guide of "but it's a Levi list" then I'm going to run Dreamer under the guise of "I like fluff" :P

Are Lelu and Lilitu broken or are multiple Lelu and Lilitu broken?

As for the Dreamer, how broken does he become if you use him with Kirai in a brawl?

So what would you have in 25 / 35 SS Levi list.

Man himself.

I assume a cheap sacrificial victim is necessity to prolong the man's life so...

K9 remains 2 SS

Molly seems awesome, as she can Imbue Vigor... and in theory, cast one of Levi's spells... I am not sure she wants to.

Molly 9 SS

Dead Rider feels bit expensive after spending 11 SS on 'supporting' cast.

I guess that with Molly around, Belle or two wouldn't hurt... But what else? Necropunks to capture objects? And how about Molly's totem?

How are people finding Molly's imbue vigor with Leveticus? I find the suit dependence really kills its utility as you need a 7+ of masks to make it work, and usually after the 1st turn I find that if I get a higher mask in my had I need it for the # on it more than I need the walk boost. Now granted I don't play Levi, but in actual play are people finding the imbue vigor worthwhile most of the time for a 9ss model? Are you regularly getting it off?

Fetid, though I believe Imbue Vigor is the greatest boost, she still has a lot of different usefull stuff going for her, Levi isn't al that corpse counter dependent, so having Molly pick them up to get Belles back is pretty good, Terrible Secret is brilliant to set up some kills, and the buff from impossible knowledge can be nice from time to time.

Don't forget, the moment you are going to need those high cards, are usually the moments where Levi himself is already up front, while a first or second turn Imbue Vigor can get Levi really going one turn earlier, which usually translates itself as one less enemy model to worry about.

More or less every turn you get to cast Imbue Vigor means one additional spell, and really, levi having an equivalent of fast is worth nine stones,never mind all the other utility out of her :)