first time gremlin game

Thechosenone

Played somer for the first time today. mostly a pig list that ended as a hybrid pig bayou gremlin list by the end of the game.

my opponent played red chapel and we ran 45 stones.

He struggled big time because of me killing his hand and I won 6-2.

Any advice i should give him on how to deal with gremlins. And any dirty tricks a new gremlin player should know about?

Horrible starter Gremlin tricks ...

1 - Next time you play, try taking a Rat instead of one of your Skeeters. Use Larva to kill the Rat and gain another Skeeter, which in turn heals the first Skeeter two wounds.

2 - Skeeter Chaining! Have a Skeeter as the last thing to activate at the end of the turn. Larva a Gremlin (netting cards from Somer if he's near by) to get yourself another Skeeter. Have that one cast Larva on the other, making a new one. Have that one ....

And so on, until you're right next to the foe. Cast Pull My Finger = PROFIT. Excellent at killing totems.

3 - The Hog Whisperer can give Avatar Somer Reactivate, as he gains Pig. Somer can Manifest for an All action Turn Two and then be Reactivated. He takes three wounds but he can be healed through 'Soooey Nothin' on the Whisperer AND himself, meaning you don't have to use 'Shine Pig' to do, which would slow your gang down.

4 - The Pigapult is golden for Destroy the Evidence. Use Launchin' to grab the one in the enemy's deployment zone Turn One.

5 - Use the Pigapult for killing off Masters that like to hide. You can't cheat the flip for Launchin' but Ophelia can still use stones to buff it. Fling her at the foe and take them out!

6 - Pere Ravage and Launchin' is fun. Either he dies (activating KABOOM!) or he lives, allowing you to shoot him with Rami and blow him up again. The best way to do this is activate Ophelia, Pere and Rami (in that order) via Companion and then have Ophelia use Family Tree on the Pigapult to have it skip ahead in the chain and activate right after her.

I think thats most of the non-pig stuff ...

Hard to give advice without seeing the lists, however the Seamus player should spam the hell out of lure on the support models and focus on killing them and the skeeters. Would also recommend (at that points level) taking a Convict Gunslinger and either Hans or Hamelin (I prefer hamelin myself).

I would recommend against this though (at least if you want people to continue playing you).

2 - Skeeter Chaining! Have a Skeeter as the last thing to activate at the end of the turn. Larva a Gremlin (netting cards from Somer if he's near by) to get yourself another Skeeter. Have that one cast Larva on the other, making a new one. Have that one ....

The Infinite Skeeter tactic is way dirty and is likely to get you beat up.

And just to clarify two things, you only get the control cards if the scrificed friendly model is a gremlin and within 6" of either Some'r or a Hog Whisperer (skeeters are no longer gremlin models like in the book, they are vermin now so dont count for Survival of the Fittest). Secondly, though you'll have extra cards for that turn, you will still have to discard back down to the maximum hand size at the start of the next turn.

Edited by Omenbringer

Thanks guys, keep the help coming.

For the lists that I and my opponent ran here's a link to the bat rep

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?p=358741#post358741

and yeah, i can't bring myself to InfinSkeeter. But the other stuff is interesting. Pigapult seemed like kinda of a dud with its low CB but the tricks your mentioning are interesting. How do i make the Pigapult work for me?

• 2 weeks later...
6 - Pere Ravage and Launchin' is fun. Either he dies (activating KABOOM!) or he lives, allowing you to shoot him with Rami and blow him up again. The best way to do this is activate Ophelia, Pere and Rami (in that order) via Companion and then have Ophelia use Family Tree on the Pigapult to have it skip ahead in the chain and activate right after her.

IMO that works better without Launch'n:

Activate Ophelia (companion on Pere and Rami), 8" double-walk, "Ooo! A Girl" on Pere.

Activate Pere, 10" double-walk, "Ooopsie!" (cheat a 13!!!) via reckless - now he should have 1 WD left

Activate Rami, shoot Pere for Ka-blooey.

All in all two pulses (DG 9) with 18" threat-range and one activation.

That should work in a Som'er crew without Rami, too. Kill your opponent's hand (Gremlin's luck) before activating Ophelia and shoot Pere with a Pigapult-Shoot (for some additional blasts), or a Stuffed Piglet (double-walk + Bacon Bomb for third pulse), or a Bayou Gremlin, or let your opponent kill Pere.

EDIT:

7 - Launch'n Ophelia at the opponent's master. You have to wait till your opponent is done with activations (no problem for Gremlins) and you need at least four soulstones and a few high cards on your hand. Launch Ophelia and use one stone for the Df->11 test, if you need it. Use "Dumb and lucky" for her and shoot three times with paired Cb6 and a soulstone for the attack flip. If that master survived the incredible amount of damage (something between 4 and 16 Dg per shoot), pray, and hope for the initiative flip, and repeat Ophelia's activations.

Ok, that's really dirty, but a lot of fun, too :)

EDIT2: Oh, now I see that I repeated point 5 of Dumb Luck's post, but more detailled... sorry 4 spam :)

Edited by Attila