LAST contest to win a free Pokey Vik or Hooded Rider

Justin

This is a contest to win a free Pokey Viktoria or Hooded Rider. This will be the last contest to win one through me. After this, I'm all out.

The contest will end Sunday, January 22nd at 7pm Pacific time. (about two weeks from now)

To enter, make a Puppet Wars battle report and post it in the War Report section of this forum. All battle reports posted before the end of the contest will be accepted. (NOTE: posts made or EDITED after 7pm on the 22nd will not be accepted).

You may use any style of battle report you like. Write a narrative story, make detailed notes of everything that happens from a rules perspective, take lots of pictures, take no pictures, make a video, whatever.

You may enter as many times as you like. And all battle reports already posted there will be considered entered.

First place will get to choose between the Pokey Vik or the Hooded Rider. Second place will get whichever first didn't choose.

Winners will not be random. I will pick whichever battle reports I like the best. This is why you may enter as many times as you like. If there are some exceptional ones which lost by a hair, I may send them a Teddy of their choice. No promises on this though, it entirely depends on the quality of the entries.

I will contact winners through PM and post who they are in this thread. They will have 48 hours to contact me with their shipping info or forfeit their prize.

Good luck! And happy puppeteering!

Painted by AntiZombie:

viki.jpg

forumdisplay.php?f=132

Edited by Justin

Not to steal your thunder Lalo but I might have another way for those in the American Gulf South region (Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama) to get both of those models during the Wizard World Comic Convention on January 28-29.

Cool. :)

Yeah, I'm not saying this is the last we'll see of these models (it has been announced they will be released later) but the last time anyone will get them from me. (or from the PW facebook)

Edited by Justin

Not to steal your thunder Lalo but I might have another way for those in the American Gulf South region (Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama) to get both of those models during the Wizard World Comic Convention on January 28-29.

How is that? Are they only prizes or does everyone playing get them?

How is that? Are they only prizes or does everyone playing get them?

Pirze support for the Best Painted Crew during each Story Encounters tournament at the Convention (Pokey Vik, Hooded Rider and Miss Demeanor)

Also, I know that Go4 Games will have 2 of each available as promos for the first 2 people to purchase the Base game (Pokey Vik) or 3 Pawn Boosters (Hooded Rider) during the convention.

They will also have the Dead Justice and Nightmare Teddy boxes available for sale as well during the convention.

Winners!

First place goes to Hashmal for his battle report here: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28263

Second place goes to LaFemmeGeekita for her battle report here: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28100

Also, I said that third place would receive a teddy if it was close enough. But I think that all of the other entries made specifically for this contest went above and beyond and I couldn't decide, so each of these people will be getting a Teddy:

fullborer

Alliance

Doctor Lucky

ThePandaDirector

Congrats!

Edited by Justin

Woop! Woop! That's the sound of da puppets!

I thoroughly enjoyed everyones' reports, so I'm glad everyone seems to have gotten something nice (and I won't say no to another teddy ;))

At this rate I'm definitely gonna have to field that Marcus Teddy picnic toybox - 7 teddies and counting...

Anyway, congratulations to everyone :D

Woop! Woop! That's the sound of da puppets!

I thoroughly enjoyed everyones' reports, so I'm glad everyone seems to have gotten something nice (and I won't say no to another teddy ;))

At this rate I'm definitely gonna have to field that Marcus Teddy picnic toybox - 7 teddies and counting...

Anyway, congratulations to everyone :D

It was shockingly fun!

(eleven and counting....I think I have a problem :/)

Congrats everyone!

Prize support for the Best Painted Crew during each Story Encounters tournament at the Convention (Pokey Vik, Hooded Rider and Miss Demeanor)

Also, I know that Go4 Games will have 2 of each available as promos for the first 2 people to purchase the Base game (Pokey Vik) or 3 Pawn Boosters (Hooded Rider) during the convention.

Do you know how much they sell their Base game for?

Also how is the Story Encounters tournament done? I have only played a few games and no tournaments.

Do you know how much they sell their Base game for?

Also how is the Story Encounters tournament done? I have only played a few games and no tournaments.

Not sure how much they will be selling the base set for, but would guess close to MSRP.

The Story Encounters are similar to normal games though they usually have set Strategies that support the theme and some unique twists.

Not sure how much they will be selling the base set for, but would guess close to MSRP.

The Story Encounters are similar to normal games though they usually have set Strategies that support the theme and some unique twists.

Thanks if I get to make it I will have to use my Marcus/Teddy army. Are the lists shoebox size?

The Story Encounters are for Malifaux not puppet wars. Unfortunately we dont have any large events planned for Puppet Wars this year (though after the Tournament I am sure Hugor or myself would be willing to play a game.

I'm glad you let me know because I don't play Malifax at all. I would have wasted a whole day trip trying to get Pokey Viktoria and couldn't even try.