Dreamer/Chompy: One Master

Oshova

Question

This model is included in any Crew hiring The Dreamer and always starts the Encounter Buried. This model may never be in play at the same time as The Dreamer. When this model is brought into play, this model's Controller must bury The Dreamer and this model activates immediatley. Any time The Dreamer is brought into play, bury this model and activate The Dreamer immediately. Totems connected to The Dreamer are connected to Lord Chompy Bits as well.

So, going with the word "Immediately", this would mean that at the end of the completed action, The Dreamer/LCB (whichever has just been unburied) instantly activates.

This means that if a Daydream moves up, and casts Frightening Dream, and unburies LCB, then LCB activates interrupting the Daydream's activation. And then once LCB is done, you go back to the Daydream to finish it's activation.

Also

If The Dreamer or Lord Chompy Bits are killed, then the other one is unburied, and activates immediately. Allowing them to strike back out of sequence.

This is how I first read the rules, but have been told this is incorrect, you instead wait for the active model's activation to end, and then immediately activate the unburied Dreamer or LCB.

Does anyone have any rules to back up either side of this? I would hate to think I've been playing it wrong.

9 answers to this question

Yeah it has been ruled a few times now that immediately means after the current model's activation. Rather than the current action.

Yeah, which is why I switched to playing it that way. But last night it came up in another discussion, and I can't find a ruling anywhere (trying to search for One Master isn't easy . . . =p). So I was just hoping that someone had a rule somewhere that states that you can't interrupt an activation other than with Slow To Die.

A model allowed to activate immediately by an effect does so before any other model activates, but after the current model's activation ends.

*emphasis is mine*

All sorted, LCB immediately activates once the active model has completed it's activation. This does interrupt companion chains, but not activations.

Oshova, just to clarify the difference between this and the Onslaught discussion, which I believe you were referencing as the "other discussion," effects can pause other effects but an activation can't as it is not an effect.

I was referencing that discussion yes. And had missed a sentence in the RM for each. Obviously I need to work harder on learning that thing word for word =p