The Road to Adepticon is paved with Corpses Rancor709's tourney prep

rancor709

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your in the malifaux area im sure you'll see me ill be wearing a top hat potentially.

That won't help. There will silly Victorian hats all over this year if I have my way!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Your best bet is to find the stunningly handsome person in the room(That will be me). I will then point out Joe to you. :)

If you want any tips with Molly let me know, as I have a psychological inability to not bring her in Seamus lists, and I've been playing her pretty steadily since about 2 months before she was released. If you want any of the little tricks I have found with her let me know. Shes definitely not Von Schill, and she feels in her current state more like a 7 SS cost model, but I can definitely give you the low down on any of the tricks I've noticed with her.

For example one thing I've noticed is that you should almost always universally bring a grave spirit with her. For one extra soul stone you gain a tough to target at ranged model that increases the survivability of Molly, or another key model in the crew. Additionally I've started seeing the Grave Spirit almost as an extra action for Molly. The Spirit very rarely will take actions other than a defensive stance, once it is linked to it's target, so I'll often use magical extension to channel cast Terrible Secret if the Spirit isn't within 3" of a better target, or once within 3" Channel cast The Shocking Truth As long as you can hit, the channel cast often lets you be able to cheat for dmg, which for a severe gives 3dmg and paralyze. Almost like having casting expert... sort of. Used in that way it goes along way to letting Molly feel a little more useful. I find it far more useful than using the Necrotic Machine, as the Machine is a good deal easier to kill, and it is far slower than the spirit, as the spirt essentially gets free moves from it's link.

Edited by Fetid Strumpet

It twas a Long and awesome road to a great destination.

I had a blast at adepticon and I would say Ressurectionist were out in droves. It was excedingly fun and I had a great time.

Alright alright how'd you do?

Well in My Masters Qualifier I came in 4th clintching a birth in the Finals on Sunday. So I literally took the silliest thing I could think for Story, which was to run basically Nico Grave Spirit and Nico's box set with only 2 belles summonable, a Flesh construct summonable and a rogue necromancy available to summon. So winning wasn't my focus in that, combine it with the fact I was literally running on e from having played bloodbowl all day, I have no clue how I came in 9th at the event. At one point I'm sure I was sleep playing.

Masters was Single Elimination and I had a fanastic game against the man who would go on to Place Second. His Levi and 3 riders vs my McMourning pile of awesome, literally came down to iniatitve flip on turn 5 to see if I could run away and try to force the tie, but he got it and blasted Mcmourning. Was a great game and a worthy way to go out.

Full reports when I fully recover.

So winning wasn't my focus in that, combine it with the fact I was literally running on e from having played bloodbowl all day, I have no clue how I came in 9th at the event. At one point I'm sure I was sleep playing.

See that was your problem, less Bloodbowl, more Malifaux next year :)

Weren't you guys up with Nix at 4 AM as well playing, or was that just Spencer?