Through the breach - A tale of three gamers

Balefirestorm

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some more time for painting. Lot to do at work lately, but now I have finally finished painting my first stolen. Turned out ok, but still feel I could have done a better job with it. Oh well.

363009_sm-The%20Stolen%201.jpg

350938_sm-Stolen%201%20back.jpg

And I thought it was time for a small group picture :)

350940_sm-Crew%20so%20far.JPG

And now for something extra. I started painting on my second master. Have only managed to work on the base so far. Hope you'll like it ;)

350942_sm-Dreamer%20base%202.jpg

350943_sm-Dreamer%20base%203.jpg

Comments and critique is as always welcome.

Edited by Balefirestorm
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot. The crown is actually made of paper from a notebook. Made it the same way one makes a paper crown for kids (just way smaller :P ). The nice angles of the "spikes" happened by chance due to me being clumsy. Dropped the model, which landed on its head.

The base platform and the stair is made from cork covered with green stuff, with the squares sculpted with a plastic knife. The poles are made from balsa wood and the map from the same notebook as the crown.

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Any updates on your Leveticus crew?

Regarding the skin of the Stolen, I think most of it depends on if I manage to have a good "photo day". Some days I can't take pictures properly. Like today. But I'll post the two best ones I took. The first one is of the finished Dreamer. Hope you'll like it:

353896_sm-Dreamer%20done.jpg

And the second one is a WIP of the Dreamers best buddy :D Started working on his base:

353894_sm-Lord%20Chompy%20WIP.JPG

And for the purpose of this blog, I am for now changing the crew to paint for the Dreamer. Read somewhere that Hamelins crew is under the erratum microscope. Felt better to learn a crew whose rules won't change in a near future. So expect more Dreamer updates from now on.

C & C is always welcome :)

Edited by Balefirestorm
  • Like 1

Time for yet another update. Working on finishing off some bases and trying to keep them in somewhat the same style as Dreamers base. Say what you think of them :)

First: Chompy. Wanted to create something bizarre and scary.

356234_sm-LCB%20base.JPG

Second one is a Daydream. Went for something simple but still fitting for the model itself.

356235_sm-Daydream%201%20base.JPG

Third one is yet another Daydream. The base is not done fully yet. Didn't have time to finish off the pole. Still, you get the general idea ;)

356236_sm-Daydream%202%20base%20WIP.JPG

Comments and critique is welcome

• Like 1

And now Ladies and Gentlemen. It is an honor for me to present the main monster himself. The gulper of foolish guild guards, the smasher of foundations. the supreme fashion statement:

Iiiiiiiiiit's Lord Chompy Bits!!!!

359867_sm-Lord%20Chompy%20bits.jpg

And cheering him on is the two of his very own cheerleaders:

359869_sm-Daydream%202%20WIP.jpg

and

359868_sm-Daydream%201.jpg

Comments and critique is welcome :)

• Like 2

Thanks a lot. Yeah, it's nice feeling. I've never had a fully painted... anything to be honest. Always half-way done or less. But these miniatures keep inspiring me and to be able to post here and get comments, critique and new ideas really keeps the flame burning.

I've tried to make my friends start painting again, but they have other projects as well. c0un7_z3r0 is working on a Khador army, some old edition space marines and his Necromunda stuff. As well as real life :P

Shockwave moved to a new apartment and is busy with some terrain for a gaming table (universal) and trying to learn some air brushing.

See if I can motivate them again ;)

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

And now one more update for today. Managed to finish painting all of the Daydreams and took a bonus picture of the whole crew so far. Next up is Coppelius. Unfortunately, I won't be able to update again until next weekend. Have a whole nice week of overtime work ahead of me. Yippie :/

But hope you enjoy the pictures

Daydream 1

359967_sm-Daydream%201%20done.jpg

Daydream 2

359968_sm-Daydream%202%20done.jpg

Daydream 3

359969_sm-Daydream%203%20done.jpg

And finally the wild bunch :)

359970_sm-Dreamer%20crew.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Balefirestorm
  • Like 2