Companion yet again

Wolfgar

Question

10 answers to this question

Right.

You nominate the models you are activating, then choose the order you complete their activations in.

The hangup for most folks is reading too much into how Companion works. There's no 'starting model' for the Companion chain. Instead, when it's your turn to activate a model you check to see who can activate with Companion, declare which of them are activating, then complete their activations in the order you choose.

What about one-sided companioning? I have Pandora and Poltergeist, only Poltergeist has the Companion (Pandora) rule. Am I forced to activate Poltergeist first and end his activation then activate Pandora, or can I do the opposite?

nope you create the companion group, then activate models in any order you choose. It's not X is companioning Y. it's X and Y are forming a group.

using the example from the manual. What if there is another family member 6" to the right of Papa? Does the chain keep going or does each model need to be within 6' of Nino?

And when does the measuring happen? Can you premeasure this? There are some huge tactical advantages to being able to measure companion distances before anything has activated or announced.

Thanks

using the example from the manual. What if there is another family member 6" to the right of Papa? Does the chain keep going or does each model need to be within 6' of Nino?

And when does the measuring happen? Can you premeasure this? There are some huge tactical advantages to being able to measure companion distances before anything has activated or announced.

Thanks

If the Ortegas stretch across the entire board, and are all at 6" or less of another Family Member they can be part of the mass activation. I do not suggest a player does this until he or she has played with them a LOT.

This works because they're all Companion Family, not Companion Perdita, etc...

Companion can be measured before you make the declarations. No worries there! If you're using that to sneak in some other measurements I would expect an opponent to rightfully call foul.