All-Action for Slow Model

wg0912

Question

24 answers to this question

WHOA... wait a second.

an (ALL) action requires all the model's AP.

Rules manual (pg 32) says if a model does not have the AP required, it cannot perform the action.

a model affected by Slow (-1) does NOT have ALL it's AP as it has to pay 1 after generating AP for actions. (Rules manual, Page 34, it forfeits an AP during its activation, not generates one less. it gets ALL it's AP, then forfeits one.)

so it cannot pay ALL it's AP.

WHOA... wait a second.

Rules manual (pg 32) says if a model does not have the AP required, it cannot perform the action.

a model affected by Slow (-1) does NOT have ALL it's AP as it has to pay 1 after generating AP for actions. (Rules manual, Page 34, it forfeits an AP during its activation, not generates one less. it gets ALL it's AP, then forfeits one.)

So then a model with Fast +1 can do an ALL action, then spend one more AP?

That rocks!

Thanks!

WHOA... wait a second.

Where are you getting the idea that an (all) action requires all the model's AP? That's not defined anywhere.

The definition for an (all) Action is also on pg. 32:

If a model performs an (all) Action, it is the only Action that model may take during its activation, including (0) Actions.

Nothing is mentioned about how much AP an (all) Action costs... it's just the only Action you can ever take on that activation. Fast and Slow are totally irrelevant.

WHOA... wait a second.

You've really got to stop doing your best to purposely misinterpret the rules.

You've really got to stop doing your best to purposely misinterpret the rules.

see my previous comment

why would they say the value in parenthesis is the cost of the action,

if it's not the cost of the action.

you say misinterpret

i say follow the letter of the law.

but at least i don't make accusations on people's intentions or act condescending when i do it.

All, meains every item you have. If I have 20 bottles of beer and you have 3 bottles. If I had to give you all the bottles of beer I had I would have to give you 20. If you had to give me all you had it would be 3. Same in the case of AP if I'm fast and I had to spend all the AP I generated I would spend 3 general AP and my (0) AP. If you were slow all you AP would be 1 general AP and your (0) AP.

If you had spent 1 general AP you wouldn't have all the AP generated so you couldn't take the all action. Slow does not cost you 1AP, it means you generate 1 less AP.

AND

even if you were not sure this was how it works it says this in another way just to be sure. "If a model performs an (all) Action, it is the only Action that model may take during its activation, including (0) Actions." which you can't just ignore because it doesn't match up with your definition of all.

Edited by Ratty

even if you were not sure this was how it works it says this in another way just to be sure. "If a model performs an (all) Action, it is the only Action that model may take during its activation, including (0) Actions." which you can't just ignore because it doesn't match up with your definition of all.

by my understanding "All" means just that, "all"

the second statement, further defining "All" seems to just claify that is means "your full allotment of Genera, Specific, and 0 AP" (basically identifying that 0 AP is a type of AP)

where I'm confused here, is when Slow doesn't say you generate less AP, but that you Forfeit AP.

is Forfeit the same as "generate less" by game definitions?

to my understanding, "generate less" means, during the point where you count up the AP a model would have, you simply do not count as much....

but when you forfeit something it is generated (you do count it) and then lost afterwards.

^^^ Have to agree, there are some people on here now who don't want to anything but find fault with the rules, usually when there isn't even anything there to pick fault with, and make it look like Malifaux sucks.

It isn't even trolling as that's a skill of sorts, it just seems to be blatant assh*ling for no particular reason.

^^^ +1

ALL is ALL, you can't have more than less than ALL in an ALL action. You can't give 110%. And you definitely can't have your cake and eat it too. Please leave your ramblings to your own head where someone may care to listen. *rolls eyes*

But, I don't think I've actually come up against this, as I don't use models with ALL actions, and I haven't faced many things that make models slow. But I'm sure it's more common than I think it is. Especially where people plays Alps . . =p

ALL is ALL, you can't have more than less than ALL in an ALL action. You can't give 110%.

What my drill instructors and bosses have been lying to me all this time?

On a serious note, all this is definately a moot point as 2 Rules Marshal (Keltheos and Ratty) have said in this thread that you can definately use an All action even when Slow. It has been this way since before the Rules Manual.