Flying over Terrifying

Sezar

Question

Do models who can Fly move over a Terrifying model's range have to do any Morale Duel if they don't land inside that range?

This was on an indoor game when a Mosquito moved over Seamus with his Face of Death' Terrifying 14 aura on. It had to move by that corridor and there was no other way to move around it, but it landed far from the aura effect.

6 answers to this question

As long as you don't start or end your activation within the Terrifying aura and you just fly over it you should be fine. I'm not 100% certain that you can fly move into it and finish the first action point, then move again with the second while within the aura ending outside it.

If your move takes you completely through in one go, no issue at all, no you don't take it. If you land for a sec in between during a double move, I'm not certain as I don't have my book on me.

Well nothing has a vertical range, so id say flying/hovering over a terror causing model wouldn't affect it.. but again, don't have a rule book handy..

Surely it is precisely because nothing has a vertical range (i.e. they are infinitely high) that the Mosquito would be within the aura no matter how high it flew?

I thought that to take the terrifying you had to start or end an activation in the melee range of terrifying, or charge a terrifying model. When you have fly or float you can move over models melee range areas without doing disengaging strikes, so why would you suddenly have to be taking terrifying tests as well?