looking to start tina and kaeris

Asphyxxious

I've found the golem is actually more useful than a lot of people have suggested. It's movement and defense are just awful but he's decent at tying things up for a while. When they inevitably kill it, you get shatter to deal damage. I've even shot it in the back of the head when it was on it's last wound purely to get shatter.

Whether it can be more useful than Kaeris depends on the encounter, opponent and what else you're using. If you also take SnowStorm, the movement issues disappear and you can also get soft cover too to help get into the thick of things without getting killed. Against weaker things like rezzers it's pretty handy but every time I've gone against Lilith with one it's not lasted more than 2 turns.

My main issue when reading the golem is the lack of any extra AP on a 9ss model. But I do see your point on how he can tie models up and how the snowstorm helps him though. I suppose its just situational like you said though..

Ended up coming across a little more money then expected to, so I grabbed a couple models finally. Got a silent one and Kaeris' box set. Due to not wanting to proxy I threw a list together with what I had, combined with what a friend had and came up with this for 35ss.

Tina 7ss cache

-Essence of Power 2ss

Kaeris 8ss

-Essence of Power 2ss

Silent One 6ss

Gunsmith 6ss

Fire Gamin 4ss

Ice Gamin 4ss

It didn't do too bad. Not exactly an optimal list or anything but I just wanted to try the different models. Played against Levi running

Levi 6ss cache

Molly 9ss

Dead Rider 10ss

Rotten Belle 4ss

Rotten Belle 4ss

Canine Remains 2ss

It ended up going 8-0 to me. The Levi player is still learning though. Ice pillars ended up being golden for me. He could throw Levi in there really fast with the drag alone trigger plus the +3 WK from Molly.. but it took a couple activations to do so while he set up I put Ice Pillars and Flame Walls to block LoS from his potential attack points.

A couple things I noted about the models..

The Fire Gamin did absolutely nothing. With the terrain setup it took him till like turn 3 or 4 to really get anywhere important, then got completely smoked by Levi (he misread a scheme). I could never really find the chance to apply fire tokens to anything. That could be that his models were either quite mobile due to the rider, or didn't matter if I killed them, or are belles and are just too far away. Have to give them another chance.

Essence of Power... Priceless. Nuff' said.

Ice Gamin were somewhat useful.. but only for the +1 DG aura. It was nice and all but I really don't feel it was worthy of 4ss.

Gunsmith. Didn't do a whole lot. Again with being out ranged. He only shot like 2 shots in the whole game. One was to kill Levi just because I felt like it even though he was on 1 WD. Kinda meh honestly.

Silent Ones weren't bad. A bunch of random surge triggers to sculpt an incredibly powerful hand early on. Even with low Wk they are still more mobile then the Gunsmiths usually. Either WK 5" and shoot or WK 3" 3" and casting expert to shoot. So can get 1" more before doing a ranged attack with blasts and has the potential of 3 spells. Granted they can't WK 5" 5". Perfect Mirror and healing options were pretty nice too. Also I guess they don't get 4 cards to hit >.> although for the 2 shots the Gunsmiths took they didn't flip above a 9 I don't think.

Kaeris. Not gunna lie.... was quite dissapointed. They lack of ability to spread burning tokens was quite rough. Through the game she didn't do much damage. That could also be due to me being quite out ranged again, and the lack of good targets to attack. It usually went Kaeris flies out, shoots something for the burning tokens, casting expert for accelerant I think it was. Whichever requires 2 tomes. The ranged attack usually did 1 point and the accelerant usually did 1 point. Woot? Idk she didn't work very well, but I plan on testing her out more because it may have been due to the list I played against.

So questions I have at the end of that are

1) Are silent ones almost always better then Gunsmiths in a Tina Kaeris sort of list? Because it seems that way.

2) Was I doing something wrong or is applying burning tokens for Kaeris normally quite hard?

3) Gamin.. Any reason really?

The thing most people dont know about burning tokens and Kaeris. Her main attack always triggers. You will always put burning tokens on everything you it with that. Acclereant is a spell you cast when you are either A. you have a large group of low HP things (rats, steampunk aboms etc.) Which works well if you overheat the fire gamin. Or B. You have a large thing that is almost dead. There is no resist for acclerant, so if you cast it, they take damage. I forget the name of her other spell that does a crap load of damage, but thats the one you use if you are just trying to shoot one baddie. Also with burning tokens, at the end close phase, they take a point of dmg or they can recieve paralized. Remeber, all attacks from Kaeris and Gamins cause burning tokens, all melee strikes against them cause burning tokens, and all blasts from those attacks cause burning tokens.

Silent ones are always good. Extending Raspys range to 13 in is pretty amazing.

Get a few more games in, and see how it feels ya?

Over all Fire Gamin are best used in large numbers VS res and NB crews. They work amazing for Ramos/ Kaeris Fights. Blow them up and focus on turning them back in to spiders. They put out sick damage when the other guy is running a bunch of melee units. Vs outcasts, guild and Arcanists they tend to get blown to hell.

Alright thanks for the. Advice. I will definetely keep trying her out against more crews to see how she does against a variety of lists. I liked her ranged weapon. It was funny levi was dead for the turn already and kaeries flew to where both waifs were shot one triggered a shot on the second one triggering a shot on the first one killing it. Then with casting expert she cast the spell that does a bunch of damage and did I think 10 or 11 due to the red joker. Apparently she hates waifs 0.0

Ill try running multiple fire gamin to see how it works. it was probably just the list I played against but it couldn't do anything