Mining Town Demo Board Project

Antiquitas

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the lentils come into play (and it probably won't be anymore) :)

Nice job with the building and the crepe paper! see you replaced the red pillars on the beam engine...

Demonn Agram: Loving your work, though I am wondering if you had any problems with mold growth (or weird smells) from the foggers over time?

well, I suppose it would be a problem if you leave the water in there for a prolonged period of time... The longest we had was 3 days in the City of Death at an exhibition one time. didn't pick up any smells.

the main thing is that, after taking away the water, you thoroughly wipe everything off. first with a sponge cloth and then with a dry cloth.

then you shouldn't have any problems. These boards / terrains with such water features aren't for everyday use (at least not while working). These are more for show on shows :)

It's not Malifaux related but I just wanted to share some good news with you.

Have you ever made a terrain piece, or played on one, and imagined yourself actually there at ground level, and thought what it would be like to battle there?

I do with most of the boards I make, but occasionally I actually get the chance to play in them!

In my spare time, when I'm not at work, terrain building, painting or gaming, I design (and sometimes build) Lasertag arenas for companies. As well as concepts and designs, I make a scale model (1:24) of the arena to help with the build and later for promotion.

I have just received an email saying that they are going to start building an arena project I have been working on for the last 6 months on the 9th January - to be opened in May (latest).

This my fourth now - the first two are in Southern Ireland.

KIF00001.JPG

Close%252520Encounter.JPG

A futurescape Themed Arena

RnB%252520Finished%252520280409%252520059.jpg

Top%252520passageway%252520from%252520the%252520Hex.jpg

A Futuristic Urban Jungle Theme

The third one is in Northern Ireland, and is a Fantasy / Medieval Theme, with Wizard's Tower, Keep, Forge, Gallows and an animated skeleton in the dungeons!

Rascals%252520Model%252520080111%252520-%252520Wizards%252520Tower%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

This next one is in my home town in England, and is quite special to me as I now live in Ireland. It's an unusual arena as well, as it is themed on modern day piracy and has a freighter and docks but should be great fun to play in!

Sorry about the interlude - now back to terrain making...

These rad WIP tables that are popping up make me REALLY wish I had a bigger place..with a spare room for hobbies haha. My hole in the wall suite sadly would be a chore to acommodate a 3by3 table, let alone the space needed for all the bits and bobs to go along with gaming

There are always Terraclips for these situations.