Almo

I have been looking at Avatar Seamus' stat card and am a little confused by the wording on the morale duel for the triggers Battered Skull and Splatterpunk.

For both triggers the wording on the card says that models must perform a Terrifying -> TN Morale Duel.

This differs from other actions such as Bellowing of the Big Bastard which requires affected models to perform a WP -> TN Morale Duel.

Does the wording in the triggers (Terrifying as opposed to WP) imply that these Morale Duels are different from 'regular' Morale Duels somehow? Is it possible that Succumb to Darkness affects these Morale Duels, for example, due to its effect on Seamus' Terrifying ability?

Can anyone clarify, please? (Apologies if I've overlooked something obvious!)

Edited by Almo
Greater clarity

No.

Anathema does not effect the trigger Cb(:crows:crows)Battered Skull[bludgeoning Fists] or Cb(:crows)Splatterpunk [Hurl Corpse].

Anathema states "This model's Terrifying ability..." not "Terrifying duels generated by this model..."

(Emphasis mine)

The difference is that ALL Terrifying duels are Morale Duels, but not all Morale Duels are Terrifying duels.

Terrifying only affects living models, Morale duels affect all kinds of models (I believe the only things not affected are Undead and Constuct.) And will bypass the Lifer ability.

Clarification: (1)Bellowing of the Big Bastard is an AoE Morale duel, meaning most models are affected. The two Terrifying triggers Seamus has are Terrifying, meaning only living models are affected.

(It just makes Brutal Embrace that much better.)

Edited by Sandwich

No.

Anathema does not effect the trigger Cb(:crows:crows)Battered Skull[bludgeoning Fists] or Cb(:crows)Splatterpunk [Hurl Corpse].

Anathema states "This model's Terrifying ability..." not "Terrifying duels generated by this model..."

(Emphasis mine)

The difference is that ALL Terrifying duels are Morale Duels, but not all Morale Duels are Terrifying duels.

Terrifying only affects living models, Morale duels affect all kinds of models (I believe the only things not affected are Undead and Constuct.) And will bypass the Lifer ability.

Clarification: (1)Bellowing of the Big Bastard is an AoE Morale duel, meaning most models are affected. The two Terrifying triggers Seamus has are Terrifying, meaning only living models are affected.

(It just makes Brutal Embrace that much better.)

is there a page reference or offical stance to his anathema ability not applying to the terrifying duels generated by his anathema? It seems like kind of an rules as intended vs rules as written situation

Thanks for your replies. After reading these and studying the ancient manuscripts (my Rules Manual pdf) I now see the difference. I didn't notice that in the rules the Terrifying Morale Duel is written as Terrifying -> TN as opposed to WP -> TN.

Basically, as you say, it limits the Triggers to working only on things susceptible to Terrifying effects and is, as such, a limitation. And, yes, Brutal Embrace is very yummy!