Fun Dreamer List

Tarragon

With the possibility of getting the Nytmare Edition LCB, I'm building a Dreamer crew! Now, I've run this past hthe forums before, but I just want opinions, Not necesarrily just on how effective it'll be (that's not my main aim) but also on how it will look, how it will be to play as and against and how fun it will be.

Nytmare Dreamer/LCB [7SS pool]

3 Daydreams (PW Teddies, if I can afford them as well)

Teddy

Teddy

Teddy

In the meantime... I'll revise the tactica :P

I like your list, my typical games are at 25SS and my list for those are 3 Daydreams and 2 teddies (one of them is the NE Teddy), however I have 4 teddies in my Dreamer collection now, heheh.
My typical games are 35SS, so that's what I'm building too :P

Since you have experience with a list of almost all Teddy's, how do you think a list like that would play? I only built this list because it looks awesome, not to win games with XD

Yes, he can get an auto paralyse trigger, which is awesome, and his remove eye trigger or just if you know you can cheat putting in a severe dmg for an eye counter to give a friendly nightmare within 2" 2 healing flips is amazing. He does something if near falling back models but that i don't understand so will ask for an explanation myself soon :) But i highly recommend him, pop the teddys to what you want to kill, and pop coppelius at their supporting grp and paralyse them all :D If you are playing to win that is:)

Don't worry, Ozz, I ain't playing to win... yet!

Sorry to bring this thread back AGAIN, but a couple more questions have arisen :P

1) Can Dreamer summon Daydreams when he has three connected already?

2) The Shared Action thing... Dreamer is Instinctual, Chompy is Melee Expert. Does that mean you can activate Dreamer, walk twice and use the Instinctual for two of his (0) action, summon Chompy, he can use one of HIS (0) Actions, and attack twice due to Melee Expert? Thus using 7 actions between them in one activation?

3) With the Teddy, can his Dead Of Night effect from Thing Of Nightmares reduce a models Cb below 0?

4) How is the Dreamer so maneuverable? I get how the Daydreams can summon a LCB (via the Magical extension), then calm it back to the Dreamer, but that requires a turn getting the Daydreams into position first, unless you can get a companioned Daydream to summon ANOTHER companioned Daydream.

1, No as it says on the daydreams card (at least in the book) that LCB/Dreamer may only have upto 3 Daydreams connected at any one time, you can however replace ones that die back up to 3 if you have the stones left.

2, No idea, i know you get the mele expert, and 1 one actions shared between them both. As for the 0 actions, never use chompys so never been relevant to me.

3, Again not sure of this one, but i am fairly sure you can not ever reduce any stat below 0

4, It is just as you said, you see him where he is, a daydream on the other side of the board activates, Moves 6" Summons LCB, burys him for the 0. Then next activation dreamer can summon everything on the opposite side of the board. Still with his own move of 7 if he needs it.

If your not playing to win, then just use him to poison your opponents entire crew and give your teddys masses of healing flips then:P

1) Can Dreamer summon Daydreams when he has three connected already?

2) The Shared Action thing... Dreamer is Instinctual, Chompy is Melee Expert. Does that mean you can activate Dreamer, walk twice and use the Instinctual for two of his (0) action, summon Chompy, he can use one of HIS (0) Actions, and attack twice due to Melee Expert? Thus using 7 actions between them in one activation?

3) With the Teddy, can his Dead Of Night effect from Thing Of Nightmares reduce a models Cb below 0?

4) How is the Dreamer so maneuverable? I get how the Daydreams can summon a LCB (via the Magical extension), then calm it back to the Dreamer, but that requires a turn getting the Daydreams into position first, unless you can get a companioned Daydream to summon ANOTHER companioned Daydream.

1 No, you can't have more than 3 daydreams connected to the dreamer/Lord Chompybits at any one time.

2 Yes. Each is an individual model. The only restriction on them is that between them they can not use more that 3 general action points.

3 No. A weapons stats (which include Cb) can not be reduced below 0 - page 11 rules manual.

4 One example, which you are most likely to see goes somethign like:-

You can companion the dreamer and several daydreams together, and use one daydream to move, unbury Chompybits and them bury him, which has got your dreamer about 12" futher forward. The Dreamer then activates and can use a 0 to get a walk of 7, walk forward, and then cast a spell to unbury nightmares, which can include Chompybits, who will then immeadeatly activate.

Deploying several of your force about 24" forward from where you started. If you then want, any remaining companioned daydreams, or even one that Chompy Summoned this turn, can then activate and remove Chompy from the area making him pretty safe from retaliation.

There are several variations for certain circumstances, but thats the basic guide.

OK, seems pretty clear to me, thanks for all the answers. I realized that Question 2 won't come up much as Chompys only 0 action is to summon Daydreams, and I doubt he'll be doing that much :D

I'm loving the idea of PW Teddies as Daydreams! That is freaking genius!
Why thankee! I'll put a video up as soon as I get them!

One example, which you are most likely to see goes somethign like:-

You can companion the dreamer and several daydreams together, and use one daydream to move, unbury Chompybits and them bury him, which has got your dreamer about 12" futher forward. The Dreamer then activates and can use a 0 to get a walk of 7, walk forward, and then cast a spell to unbury nightmares, which can include Chompybits, who will then immeadeatly activate.

Deploying several of your force about 24" forward from where you started. If you then want, any remaining companioned daydreams, or even one that Chompy Summoned this turn, can then activate and remove Chompy from the area making him pretty safe from retaliation.

There are several variations for certain circumstances, but thats the basic guide.

Thanks for the demonstration you typed XD

So, the general plan seem to be throw a couple Daydreams forward, slingshot Dreamer forward, who summons Chompy and friends, eats face and then vanishes back to the other, safe, Daydream. (Can I use a Daydream to bring forward the OTHER companioned Daydream? Probably not, but asking anyway :P)

That seems to get me a good 25"+ threat range from walking and summoning (assuming Chompy doesn't walk at all and just eats face as above) PLUS throwing three Teddies straight in his face AND a good return through the All Done trigger and companioning the safe Daydream for summoning Chompy back... Owch XD

Will my opponent actually ENJOY playing this list, assuming I don't go for cheesy, broken, all out win? XD

Can't speak for your opponent, I face something similar and have learnt several ways of facing it. Its tough, but you can beat it. I personally like facing a challenge.

In some ways if they leave several teddies in your face, and have pulled back Chompybits, its easier, as you have less target selection to worry about.

A couple of ways to tone down your crew and ease up on your opposition, don't start with any daydreams on the board summon them in, don't defensive stance and bury your entire crew of nightmares turn one, don't take a crew purely consisting on nightmares.

Simples really.

Well, I'll make note of that when expanding my Neverborn :P I wasn't going to Def.Stance my crew anyway, to be honest. Thanks for the idea, though!

If you take no daydreams I would advise not summoning them In unless they are essential. As for taking not many nightmares, it tones down your crew a lot because your master has little synergy with them. Personally I don't think this is a good way to go though as you may make it much easier to lose, but you won't be playing a dreamer crew. You will play the dreamer and some stuff. In my opinion at least:)

If you take no daydreams I would advise not summoning them In unless they are essential. As for taking not many nightmares, it tones down your crew a lot because your master has little synergy with them. Personally I don't think this is a good way to go though as you may make it much easier to lose, but you won't be playing a dreamer crew. You will play the dreamer and some stuff. In my opinion at least:)

I agree but a mixed up crew with the Dreamer/Chomps still has two big things going for it. First it still has Chomps and the Dreamer, second its still a Neverborn force.

With the OP on about a fun force, Im assuming he means fun for both them and whoever there facing.

With the OP on about a fun force, Im assuming he means fun for both them and whoever there facing.
That's right, there's only one other Malifaux'er in my area, and he has a habit of rage-quitting if he feels like he's getting trounced.

Well, thanks for the tips all, I'll bear them in mind when Chompy finally arrives! :D Starting force will be the Chompy, three of the PW Teddys as Daydreams, then trading the other two for actual Teddys. Should make an interesting 25SS first game!