The Rotten Harvest is over so I decided to post some of my models here. they will mostly be Malifaux (but there will also be other manufacturers as well...)

so feel free to commetn and/or criticize...

This is my first crew - Ramos (some of you'll recognize some of these fellows from the competition...

100_6695.jpg

100_6696.jpg

Ramos:

Ramos3.jpg

Steamborg:

steamborg1.jpg

Arachnids (I used GW Necron Scarabs just to get a bit more of them - my friend had those spare after finishing his Necron army - and I feel they do feel a bit steampunkish):

100_6707-1.jpg100_6704-1.jpg

100_6705.jpg100_6704.jpg

100_6706.jpg

Arachnid swarms:

100_6708.jpg100_6702.jpg

Totem:

100_6700.jpg

Electrical creation:

100_6699.jpg

Edited by Demonn Agram

About the only criticism I can offer is that the source lighting from the flame on Ramos is a bit harsh- it could use more transition from the blue to Ramos' natural colors.

That said, these look great, and I'd be proud to put them on the gaming table :thumb:

about the lighting, yes you're right. I've been geting those similar comments in the Rotten Harvest competition. I'll have to work on that in the future..

chariots1.pdf

[ATTACH]9252[/ATTACH]

Statut Agram2010.pdf

Edited by Demonn Agram

Thanks for the nice comments, I decided that the blue plasma (or something) should be the tie in for all the modelsin the crew...

To continue with my other warbands, currently WIP.

Seamus and his ladies:

Unpaintedcrew-Seamus.jpg

I'll be using Collette as Sybelle and cassandra as Bette Noir. And also the two semi-painted models in the back (GW's Eowyn and Goldberry) I'll be using either as Belles or as Doxies (as need arises)..

My VonSchill crew:

Unpaintedcrew-VonSchill.jpg

Trapper and Freikorpsman:

Marko01.jpg

Marko02.jpg

Marko03.jpg

Marko04.jpg

Trapper with a Rotten Harvest addition to the base:

VonSchill.jpg

All of the bases - now with pumpkins (green stuff) and wanted posters of Leveticus, Seamus and Rasputina:

marko01.jpg

Actually they won't shed :)

For the leaves on the trees I used GF9 foliage

gf9_gfs015-700x560.jpg

After first gluing it with PVA glue onto the trees (made from GW branches of hte Citadel Wood set) and waiting for the glue to set, I covered it with superglue (I use Loctite Super Attack) and let the foliage (sponge) suck it. After drying, it is hard as a rock and ready for painting. I drybrushed it all with various shades of red/orange/yellow..

Edited by Demonn Agram

Thanks mate...

Being such a slooooow day at work

1SGCA5NIIU5CAM1NC43CAGRB758CAHX5NDZCAUWLSKWCA0BERNCCAPMQWBCCA3ELWUECABM48MCCAPMTSBVCAJC2VDOCAJTF0ZUCANXK092CAZ8Y0SICA6HQ3FWCAD4FJAKCAC25GO3C.jpg

it gives me time to add another post here. but what?

025CASF6Z2HCAALJUOCCAO0G9NSCA29N3A2CAP5A8B4CAX3B5V1CA4MYHTSCAA1ZP49CACS1R90CA21W0F0CACA4MGRCA54I7Y6CAOJ5PCTCA3HB07ICAS24QJ1CAW1BEHWCAMDGVS7C.jpg

now that you met some of the inhabitants of the Demonn's lair, it's time to show you how one lair was built... (and also because I ran out of painted Malifaux models to show - need to paint faster :) ) I'll write about a piece of terrain that my friend and I built some 8 years ago.

00-prijepetrovica01.jpg

00-prijepetrovica02.jpg

00-luster01.jpg

Me and my friend (sgt. Colon) were building this terrain for three months (almost every day a couple of hours). Then we exhibited it on our biggest tournament and played a game on it. Afterwards, while he was driving the boards and all of the terrain back to our ''HQ'', the boards fell on the monastery:

01-rasturen01.jpg

needless to say I was $$$$$$$$ed off...

angry-11669.jpg

and I am ashamed to say I did not conduct myself in an dignified manner

unknown6.jpg

but eventually I cooled down

whywouldyoudothat.png

We could not bring ourselves to even look at the piece, let alone fix it!

Time went by..

OORCAHIZ6H9CAZWFR1WCAIH1FD4CAQ32DZACAJHNMSFCAIIK0DVCATE21QZCAWT22RBCA52JRL0CAIYCBECCAFC2D3UCAZRBL5BCAACC8JLCAE4A5KJCAPKESRHCA1EC1GQCAFQZZZ2C.jpg

months, even years...

6F3CADC5IAYCAO75PL6CA0BVEXNCAKVTZ8VCAFXTDHACAPTDU1FCAONI298CACSKLH1CA5YS7ZVCA0QEW5SCAV2Z0L2CAEPEFOHCAIFTEZ0CADUSVSPCACQ60BRCAGF2PWNCA2O0RK1C.jpg

but finally we decided, enough was enough and we set out to fix the unfixable. we told ourselves we are gonna build it newer, bigger and older than before :)

K17CA407AA2CAGWG282CAIS4HRACAQNS6XLCAU72MHCCAYHHH5CCAHOFO52CAAC34CBCA3U4Z98CAAVO257CAJ38Z71CA8B8VU7CAUFG231CAFVRLX2CA67BBA2CA29586JCA2M2KJQC.jpg

Mordheimzavrijemepopravka001.jpg

Mordheimzavrijemepopravka004.jpg

we built on...

A2VCA50JG3KCAZHD97HCATV4FCYCAPO1GZ9CA1YM3F9CAFCWXAFCAPRJI75CAMNQXK2CACOPW3FCA3SW1QPCAWIOEGNCAQU0M1LCA40IHT9CAGU1BM0CAC6JUN6CARK0OHGCAQ0DH8NC.jpg

02-popravak02.jpg

once done we painted it anew

QJYCAJGKA90CA4CJWHACAFULVARCAL0WX49CA8VKD3DCA5G2KJ6CA3HPZHYCALYDOP4CAMM91X3CARSFLDTCARY5Q0OCAG8PY6TCAQ5W7WUCAY0E4NFCAPABGATCA4EXOGKCAR8IXGEC.jpg

02-popravak03.jpg

and did the final touches:

SONCAF2YFMFCA0MU5IJCAVF1R4ACAWS2F5GCAVDWAO3CAW2SZ7QCAE3YWGZCA183E7ACAPU4LJJCANXMQJ8CAFQVOPDCA8JZ7FXCA237PPKCAUWN4R7CA6R9QFLCAR4X6KCCATTB5EYC.jpg

and it was done!

TaDaMan_l_tnb-215x300.png

03-gotov01.jpg

03-gotov03.jpg

03-gotov04.jpg

03-gotov05.jpg

03-gotov06.jpg

03-gotov10.jpg

hope you like it... (writing this did manage me to kill some time)

thanks for the attention

bow.jpg

Here are some more photos of the terrain above in use. This was a game of Mordheim taht my friend and I played exclusively with Heroes (no henchmen were involved). The warbands were assembled according to the one game rules at the end of the main book (with every upgrade paid in gold coins)

One side was Possessed (with a Magister, 2 Possessed and 2 Mutants)

02.jpg

The other side consisted of two warbands - Sisters of Sigmar (my version of it - Brothers of Sigmar because Sigmar HAD no sister :) ) - with Brother Superior, 3 Brothers of Sigmar and an Augur

04.jpg

and Witchhunters (WH Captain, 3 WHs and a Warrior priest

01.jpg

here are some photos in action..

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

21.jpg

As you can guess, the Possessed won...

Here is another board made by my club (UMS "Agram").

This one is for the board game Pirate's Cove:

pc.jpgpc05.jpg

the board itself is 1m x 1m large. The volcano in the middle is detachable.

0001.JPG

840.JPG

some close-ups:

517.jpg

518.jpg

519.jpg

836.jpg

In the volcano there is a fogger (a machine that makes fog out of water)..

837.jpg

838.jpg

5181.jpg

5191.jpg

8361.jpg

8392.jpg

our club logo (made as a compass)

5171.jpg

some WIP photos:

putting the electronics on the board. Each house on every island has a small LED (3mm) in it. Power was derived from the Fogger machine adapter. it modified the electricity (220V AC - powergrid in Croatia) to 24V AC. We then put in a Graetz bridge (I think is called) to transform the 24V AC into 24 V DC (with 2V loss so we got 22V DC). this then could power our LEDs with appropriate resistors.. (if someone has questions about this part, I'd be glad to answer in more detail..)

009.JPG

020.JPG

025.JPG

093.JPG

We built our own boats:

010.JPG

The town (crew Island)

192.JPG

The fort (Cannon Island)

206.JPG

The board

372.JPG

Painting the sea:

461.JPG

Mixing the two part resin (Gedeo Crystal Resin) with blue paint

495.JPG

More photos of the finished board:

PC002.jpg

PC003.jpg

PC004.jpg

PC005.jpg

ok, I'll need a couple more pics... first I painted the board white:

441.JPG

Then I painted it blue (various shades):

451.JPG

I used Pebeo Deco colours - I think I started with a 1:4 mixture of Dark Blue and White and I progressively added more Blue to the mix and painted the darker areas smaller and smaller (I was aiming for a shade similar to GW Enchanted blue in the end).

Once done and dry, I mixed the Gedeo Crystal Resin (ratio 2:1) and added a bit of Pebeo Vitrail Turquoise Blue

pebeo_vitrail_turq_blue_45.jpg

a drop or two is enough. I believe i made about 600mL (20Fl oz I believe) of resin for that board and used 15ml of colour (0.5 FL oz). But if I were you, I'd add a drop at a time and stir well then look at the result in the mixing pot. Than add more colour if needed... It's kinda hard to get the ratio right and once you overdo there is no going back (unless you add more resin and that tends to be a bit pricey :) )

This is a large area to cover, when I make little ponds like here, I give the resin a drop or two only...

For the greens I use also Pebeo Vitrail colour Dark Green

pebeo_vitrail_dgreen_45.jpg

When doing bases, I try to do a group at a time (5-10 bases) because of that small ratio of colour involved. If that's not possible I use Vallejo Still Water (it is one component resin - easy to use and can be tinted with Vallejo colours)

val26230.jpg

Hope that helped...

I have played Pirates Cove quite a few times, and enjoyed it. And I have to say that custom board is one excellent piece of work. It looks great.

I love the game. It is easy to learn and even when under influence ( :) ) you can still play competitively. Of course like in every dice based game, a lot rides on pure luck. And also, I like the fact that you can "harass" a single opponent (pick one of your friends and always go to the same island as he - so you have to fight it out...). Neither of you will win, but it is still fun :)

Perfect, though I may have to order those paints. I've never seen that brand in any US stores.

The store that held Pebeo/Gedeo products in Zagreb recently went under, so I looked online and this is the store I found. They hold almost everything I need at a reasonable price..

It has resin in two sizes

151020002.jpg

151020001.jpg

750ml and 300ml

They also hold

a precoloured resin

Thier colours for dying the resin:turquoise and emerald

And my (almost) favourite product - SILIGUM

151160001.jpg

It is a two component material (somewhat like Green/Grey Stuff to use) used for creating moulds. Simple moulds, but moulds nonetheless. perfect for making duplicates of hatches, doors and other flat stuff...

Back to Malifux a bit...

Recently I bought Seamus Avatar of Dread and he during the trip he lost his right leg somewhere along the way

The kind folks at Wyrd sent me a replacement (only the torso, of course), but when this one arrived his leg was also broken :) (must have a postal worker with a grudge :) )

Seamus02.jpg

Ok, so now I can assemble one whole Seamus Avatar of dread. But it would be a pity to leave the torso without a leg just lying aside. For a while I was thinking what to do with the disfunctional torso. I came up with this idea.. For the right arm (which is metal on the original Seamus) I used the power claw from the plastic ork warboss from Black Reach (you 40k guys will know what I'm talking about) and for the missing leg I used a metal foot from Mega Nob (also 40k)...

Seamus03.jpg

Now, I'm not completely satisfied with it, because although it will be fun to paint, I do not really need two Avatars of dread so I thought of this nest. Chop him of at the belly (where his trousers end)

Seamus03-1.jpg

Then, carefully remove his left leg where it joins the right hand, and use the other leg from the Mega nob on the legs. Place a magnet in the legs part and also in the body so I can reassemble Seamus Avatar of Dread Steampunk version, if I ever need it..

But as a main idea, I decided to use the upper torso for a scratch built Steamborg using the lower part of a Necron Destroyer (again 40k...). In it I will also place a magnet..

necron.jpg

onto it I plan to glue the legs from the Ork Killa Kan

killakan.jpg

that's the general plan.. what do you ,guys, think?

Edited by Demonn Agram