OK, the entry is in. so I thought I'd put some more WIP photos:

finished painting the walls and the wooden beams, also placed some of the bitz. (no resin yet)..

sodapop020.jpg

after reinforcing the dams I poured in the first layer of resin and while it was curing I carefully added other bitz (I was extra careful not to tilt the piece as it would cause teh resin to run out)

sodapop022.jpg

sodapop023.jpg

also, it's good to place your piece in a dish (metal box in this example) just in case your dams give way, the rest of the workplace doesn't get destroyed by resin..

the final piece will be here as soon as it's cleared for the competition...

Plenty of action going on with many varied elements but the whole thing seems very well planned. The painting is top notch, I particularly like the skin tone on the mage (?). The cobwebs are a fantastic touch too. Overall - excellent work, good luck to your rivals in the competition - they will need it.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys (and gals :) )

here are some WIP shots that might explain how I made those paving slabs..

Well, finally started work on my Reaper entry..

Building the base:

reaper002.jpg

reaper001.jpg

and trying to annihilate all the GW skulls.. well most of them...

so you see, the paving slabs are plaster. I made the surrounding terrain with DAS clay. and in the "rift" between two clay "islands" I poured the plaster (after the clay dried).

starting the paintwork:

reaper003.jpg

reaper004.jpg

little more paintwork:

reaper009.jpg

reaper010.jpg

so after undercoating, I cut in the slabs into the plaster using an ice-pick (or any similar sharp object will do).

I painted then every slab into different basecolour. I used Fiery Orange, Red Gore, Vermin Brown, the orange Foundation colour (don't know it's name LOL). when it dried, I washed over it with Ogryn Flesh and afterwards with Badab Black. Let it dry and drybrush with aforementioned orange foundation colour and afterwards with Fiery orange. last drybrush is with Bleached bone and Skull white.

Same method was used for walls as well...

Finally.. and I do mean, finally I started work on my Ten Thunders crew.

Had a bit of trouble assembling them as there's no how-to-assemble cheat sheat and there are a LOT of pieces per each model.

Here are my heros undercoated:

101_1438.jpg

I also tried an experiment. The Ototo model creates a sort of a splash (be it water or energy) with his stick so I decided I'd try to mold it and cast it in coloured resin using the Vallejo Extra Heavy Gel and Water Effect Mediteranian blue Gel. and this is the result so far (the white bit should dry clear):

101_1437.jpg

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have Shang painted (the cat/fox) and maybe another model or two...