My Infamy models finally arrived.

They are all packed in small white cardboard boxes, with sponge-inserts to protect the minis from damage:

infamy002.jpg

I got me all three models in the Indiegogo campaign, and once out of their boxes:

infamy004.jpg

the really great reviews of Henrietta Jeckyll and Sherlock Holmes can be found (if someone cares to read :) ):

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/content.php?r=2562-WAMP-Review-Infamy-Miniatures-Henrietta-Jekyll

&

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/content.php?r=3525-WAMP-Review-Sherlock-Holmes

and they all got really high marks (9 and 10 overall, respectively).

However in my mind, Watson is the best model so far!

infamy005.jpg

The level of details is stunning, the pose is believable and the effort put in the creation of the "extra bits" like the tools and plates is unbelievable. I believe it'll be a great showpiece model, as for gaming (which I believe will become it's purpose sooner or later as Infamy Miniatures intend to release a SteamPunk Skirmish game based on those models) I'm not so sure.

According to the fluff:

Doctor John Watson provides a level of terror to the command structure of the Baker Street Irregulars. He is the twisted, extreme and somewhat psychotic counterbalance to the calculated threat and intellect of Holmes. Rightly feared for his experimental surgical procedures and ever evolving and increasingly convoluted torture techniques, it is when Watson combines his brawn with Sherlock's brain that total carnage is guaranteed on the streets of London.

The model personifies exactly that.

As i already wrote, this 32mm scale model has been resin cast to the highest standards and in a limited first run of 250. It costs 14,99GBP, a bit on the steep side, but nevertheless I believe it's worth it.

I'm really, really looking forward to painting this mini!

Edited by Demonn Agram

• 3 weeks later...

a couple of weeks ago when the competition was announced I realized I have a SodaPop model lying around so I thought why not..

first up was trying to figure out all elements needed for the build. Here are the plans:

NP01018_zpsbe001187.jpg

Yesterday I finally started work on my entry.

First I had to make molds for casting the walls of the structure:

sodapop003.jpg

I wanted to have a window with bars in it. Once the wall is cast I cannot easily attach the bars to the window so I had to cast around the bars and make the "plug" for the window detachable so once the plaster is set around the bars i can be removed from the mold.

sodapop004.jpg

then yesterday evening I mixed the plaster and poured it in

sodapop007.jpg

today I removed the wall from the mold:

sodapop008.jpg

as you can see - my window now has bars in it *grin*

decided that losing the head won't stop me (although it did get me $$$$$$$$ed off!!!), found a replacement (although not SodaPop - hopefully it won't get me disqualified...)

anyway, reworked the mold from the first wall to accommodate the second wall.

sodapop009.jpg

then I poured the plaster in and once it set , I removed it from the mold. Using a sculpting tool I cracked the wall in a few places and reglued them together (I found it that it mimics cracks better than just engraving the cracks..)

sodapop010.jpg

the two walls together:

sodapop011.jpg

what's on for today is making the base (and the plastic foil dams to pour in the resin at the bottom) and doing some work on the woodwork of the tower. I have two floors/ceilings to do with supporting beams and the roof construction.

Lot's to do. but I do have around three hours free time afterwork :)

still set on the decidion that the fact that I still can't find the head will not stop me from finishing this piece.

I engraved the stonework into the walls

sodapop013.jpg

after gluing the walls, I proceded to make the woodwork. First I glued the base, and then went on making the wooden construction that will hold the wooden flooring. It is all made of balsa. I used 2mm and 5mm thick pieces out of which I cut planks and beams approximately 2x5 and 5x5mm (in the lengths I needed).

sodapop014.jpg

There will be a monster in the basement but it'll be covered with dyed resin so it'll be hard(ish) to spot.

sodapop015.jpg

ladders leading from the basement:

sodapop016.jpg

first floor flooring and the attic with the roof structure:

sodapop017.jpg

then it was start-painting-time:

sodapop018.jpg

at this point the only thing that is kinda finished with paintjob is the basement where I have to pour in the resin. I'll do two layers (at least) and it'll take about two days to set. that means - I can start working on (painting) the rest of the tower sometime on monday which is cutting it a bit tight...

anyway, after I was semi-pleased with the result of the basement paintjob I made the dams for casting my resin. The dams are plastic foil which is glued with superglue and sealed tight (hopefully) with PVA glue. This morning I added Vallejo Extra Heavy Gel on the inside of the seams for extra protection..

sodapop019.jpg

thanks guys. well, no more updates with photos until I finish the bloody thing.

I've had a productive day. the painting of the tower is finished. also most of the bits are painted and the rest are at least 80% finished. The seals around the dams should be dry by tomorrow morning. so I will be pouring the first layer of resin in in the morning.

tomorrow and on Sunday it's painting the main characters time.

on Monday I'll do the finishing touches and hopefully by tuesday the thing will be photographed...