Great turnout and looks like you guys had fun. Just the business!

D.

yup, it was awesome! all of the guys were up for a bit of fun after and really friendly during the matches so even in some tense situations on the boards there was no sparks between them.

One of the most enjoyable table-top experiences in about a decade and a half I've been in this hobby!

Hopefully next year we'll get even more attendance (especially from abroad - like Austria, Czech Republic, Serbia and maybe even Poland or Germany.. some Brits or Irish - that would be awesome...)

:)

• 1 month later...

...has it been that long??

anyway, while I wat for my TT models (to ship... come on Wyrd... please :) ), here is a thread with my Mordheim gangs.

Mordheim, along Malifaux, is probably my favourite game because of all the "in between games" gaming stuff.

To start (click for larger pics), my first Mordheim gang: Marienburg

613-027605200-1346064576.jpg

I have the highest rating with this warband (around 850-900). I have a Captain, two Champions and two Youngbloods as well as a Lad's got tallent (one with a cannon - blunderbuss). In every battle I drag with me an Ogre, Elf Ranger and an Imperial Assassin. In the background there are two Swordsmen, and two groups of Marksmen...

Second warband is a group of Witchhunters (heroes only). also original Mordheim models.

613-069814000-1346064583.jpg

third warband is the Undead:

613-001173000-1346064581.jpg

The Dregs are LOTR models, Direwolf is an old Krootox model and the skelletons represent Zombies (as they are sooo much cooler models)

fourth warband is Possessed, heavily converted. All the Possessed and Mutants have the WYSIWYG upgrades.

613-009716500-1346064605.jpg

fifth warband is also a converted/perverted Sisters of Sigmar warband, called Brothers of Sigmar. Only male members (Sigmar had NO sister :)). they are made from Dark Angels torsos, Chaos Marauder arms and new Flagellant heads and bits.

613-045759200-1346064609.jpg

and in the end, sixth warband is Da Mob. my second favourite warband also highly played with (around 550-600 warband rating).

613-057056700-1346064597.jpg

and that concludes the Mordheim tour...

Edited by Demonn Agram

I used to play Mordheim a few years ago - I run a Possessed warband than. Nice game with cool fluff and some great minis.

One thing your bands seem to have in common are the vivid colors you used. Since it's done throughout the whole band, the effect is really nice. Plenty of nice conversions there, especially in the Possessed band (this one does offer great opportunities for adding changes).

My favorite has to be the Brothers of Sigmar band - great conversions and I really like the browns there.

I was planning to comment every image... but this just kept going on with amazing painting-skills and artwork. I am very amazed by all of you, I surely adore how you can paint light-reflections and make the design seem natural. However sometimes if you have made an awesome painted base, and place a well painted figure on it... I don't know why but some units just suddenly gets messy, like the base consumes them, and it ends up a bit messy.

I hope you understand my critique here, sometimes it just gets too much, and it is like there is missing something to separate the unit from the base.

And that double-wizard shocked me, insane finess' - woah!

Keep up the good work, I wish I had those skills ;)

Edited by stochastic

However sometimes if you have made an awesome painted base, and place a well painted figure on it... I don't know why but some units just suddenly gets messy, like the base consumes them, and it ends up a bit messy.

I hope you understand my critique here, sometimes it just gets too much, and it is like there is missing something to separate the unit from the base.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My outcast models seem to epitomize what you just said. I started doing the Vonschil models. Started actually with the trapper. wanted him with camouflage but a bit different. And as I started painting him around this time last year and in time for the Rotten Harvest I decided on the fall colours on the trees. So that is what set the tone for the remainder of the Freikorps.

Adding to my Outcast army - I decided to go for the "whole army" look. so every model has the same set of colours with the matching bases with pumpkins.

And looking at the group photos - they do seem a tad crowded with all the trees. but when you look at a single model - it is fine. (I just might do another photoshoot with only the Outcast models one per picture...)

That said, I do like my bases to complement my models. I generally don't like my models to "just sit" on top of my bases - I like them to be a part of the base - sort of like a 25/30mm diorama..

Yeah I gotta admid, it really looks awesome, and I love when people stick to a theme - and I just think it is great that you picked something your rarely see as 'fall'. I actually think it is more noticeble at your first Arcanist army, where you have the small units, og the very pretty painted bases, for instance: Arachnid swarms and the singular arachnid, they are quite cool - and I am not sure if it just the reflection from the camera, however in my opionon, the base seem to absorbe them, and prolly when you get on a distance.

Your fall- units are awesome, I can also follow you on the fact that they tend to blend in - however that is on purpose, they are in cammo ;) - so it makes sense imo. Next to that, you have picked bright eye-candy-colors, so I think they work well.

And once again, I don't tend to give you any negative critique, because I know I cannot do it better ;) - But sometimes, and it happens for many painters, the colors of the figures can blur into the base, and on distance become a bit cloudy.

I hope you understand - and love the ongoing pumpkins :D

Edited by stochastic

• 3 weeks later...