Thanks for the kind comments. Means a lot coming from you (your work is excellent!)

anyway, yesterday I've been working on some scrap and corpse counters.

101_0186.jpg

here is a close-up of the finished counters (unpainted). I used GW parts (zombies, tombstones, searchlights etc) and a Wyrd Morgue Accessories Bag with body parts...

101_0182.jpg

Then I painted the ground first. Basecoat was Bestial Brown, then drybrush Snakebite Leather, Vomit Brown and Bleached Bone...

101_0195.jpg

I just finished painting the details:

101_0196.jpg

and while I'm waiting for the paint to dry to finish them completely (add some static grass, ArmyPainters' Poison Ivy and maybe some :pumpkin: to tie them in with my Von Schill), I'm doing the dynamite and lit dynamite counters:

101_0197.jpg

that's it for now... hope you like :)

• 2 weeks later...

Each year UMS "Agram" (my club) organizes an exhibition of our work throughout the year and these are the photos of this years' exhibition. For the first time there is also a Malifaux section :)

Izlozba00.jpg

101_0353.jpg

101_0354.jpg

Panoi01.jpg

101_0306.jpg

101_0318.jpg

101_0327.jpg

101_0320.jpg

101_0321.jpg

101_0322.jpg

101_0323.jpg

101_0324.jpg

101_0326.jpg

101_0328.jpg

101_0331.jpg

101_0332.jpg

101_0333.jpg

101_0334.jpg

101_0335.jpg

101_0336.jpg

101_0338.jpg

COD01.jpg

PiratesCove01.jpg

Mordheim02.jpg

LOTRvitrina01.jpg

Vitrina05-01.jpg

vitrina05-IgorHamzic-Khemri.jpg

vitrina05-IvanZivko-Slaanesh.jpg

101_0307.jpg

101_0308.jpg

101_0309.jpg

101_0310.jpg

101_0313.jpg

101_0314.jpg

101_0317.jpg

The exhibition is open from 20.Feb. - 04.Mar.2012. and can be seen at Vladimir Horvat Gallery, ZZTK, Trg zrtava fasizma 14, Zagreb, Croatia.

• 3 weeks later...

so the IP8 Round 1 is finished so I decided to post some WIP photos of my entry. I decided to go XXL on this one (in hind sight might not have been a great idea because of the photo size limit - couldn't get all the details to show on the pics...). I've had an inkling of an idea of making my own version of a 40k Sisters of Battle Exorcist - but not having only an organ on top but the whole church. With the release of Garden of Morr GW set the inkling of an idea became a plan. I just didn't have enough time to do it so all the elements were lying in the cupboard... With the announcement of the IP8 Round 1 theme: Start Your Engine, I immediately knew what I was doing for my entry... so here go the pics:

101_0355-1.jpg

all the various bits and pieces I need for my Exorcist..

101_0356.jpg

101_0357.jpg

101_0358.jpg

making of the hull (if that is the word) of the tenk and the engine bay.

101_0359.jpg

101_0360.jpg

this being such a large vehicle (in the end it ended being 11"x5"x9") I always had in mind wiring it up. I decided to use LEDs for his headlights, breaklight, enginebay light and church light. Also in the spur of the moment (of insanity) I placed a set of headphones (little small ones that fit inside the ear) and have an MP3 player inside so it can play Wagner's Ride of the Walkyries as it rolls into battle...

101_0361.jpg

101_0362.jpg

soldering the LEDs to the powersource (2 AA batteries) and resistors (50 Ohms for each LED)

101_0363.jpg

checking how the top part fits to the bottom part...

Then troubles started.. at my work I received the news that I was going on a business trip the whole second week of the Round 1... I had to take all my stuff with me if I wanted to finish my project in time..

sob001.jpg

The hotel room table - my new workstation...

sob002.jpg

sob003.jpg

sob004.jpg

starting painting the upper (church) half of the Exorcist.

sob005.jpg

finished painting (the rough stuff) on the upper part and assembling it all together - connecting the wires leading to the church LEDs to the powersource located inside the hull and glueing it all together..

That was all I could do in that week on the trip. Returned home on friday and continued the build at home...

sob010.jpg

sob011.jpg

sob012.jpg

making the tracks. as you can see I didn't have all the parts to make two full pairs of tracks so I made molds and recast the parts I needed in plaster (the red/orange stuff in the pics)

sob013.jpg

sob014.jpg

after that was done, I made the terrain - what was to be the earth on the hull by using clay with a small grave outside the fence with two trees (out of Garden of Morr and Citadel Wood sets). I then added texture to the ground and started painting. At that time I was seriously running out of time, so I stopped taking WIP photos and all I have is the photo of the end result:

IP8-R1v1.jpg

so I hope you enjoy...

You don't know how much I hate you right now. :-P

How do you find the time?

I think I explained above :)... taking my hobby with me :)

seriously though, this was a bit too big of a project for two weeks - if by some chance I go through to 2nd round, there's no way in hell I'm doing another such project... this whole thing placed me in a giant debt to my gf who tolerated my IP8 escapades (in another words, I can't repeat that or I'm totally screwed :) )

Great job mate!!! Hope that I can see closer your Malifaux when I visit Zagreb for the WHFB tournament this winter!!!

thanks. we'll be holding a Malifaux tournament this Summer (july), so if you can, come! (I'll be posting the rulespack soon)..

I'll try and make it an international tournament (Austria, Croatia, Italy, Hungary etc..) like our Winter Arena..

• 5 weeks later...

finally found some time to bring this thread up to date. The round two of IP is over and I managed to get through despite some tough opposition from Whyspyr.

anyway here is a WIP section of my entry for round two with the theme The Next Step:

my idea (among many) was a jester in a court trying to amuse his king by walking on a tightrope entitled:

"Make them laugh, fool! But careful, your next step might be your last!"

The first thing to do was to find suitable minis.

rd2-_003.jpg

In the end I decided against using the goblin because I found a more suitable model (less of a caricature).

I then proceeded to make the scene. I had in mind a boxed diorama - basicly a box with one glass side through which you look into a scene. Sort of a 3D picture, if you like... I never did such a thing so it was quite a challenge. I made the floor and the walls out of plaster:

rd2-_004.jpg

rd2-_005.jpg

after the bulding of the scene I made all the details out of various bits and pieces and some were even scratch built

rd2-_009.jpg

once it was done, I painted the scene:

rd2-_010.jpg

(you can see the "new" jester in the pic...)

In the end I did the wooden ceiling with the plankings (out of balsa wood)

rd2-_0121.jpg

after that it was just painting the minis... and the final product came out like this (this is my official IP8 picture)

IP8R2-3-800.jpg

Round three started 10 days ago with the theme:

ONLY THREE COLOURS

first I considered doing the theme as a excersize in technique only but it dawned on me that a lot of contestants might do the same thing so I decided on the interpretation I chose...

I wanted to do a smaller entry than the ones before - mostly because of the final photos. In my oppinion I struggled more with those than the actual build and paintjob. so everything goes on a 5x5cm base. I wanted an interior so had to do the floors first:

IP8-_Round3_-_WIP01.JPG

then I went on with the interior design - couch and other items..

rd3-_013.jpg

I did the couch by making the frame from 4mm balsa wood over which I put pieces of cloth cut to measure. Thanks to RebeccaJo and Jewomie for the tips :)

rd3-_008.jpg

I then had to make the main character. I used a GW Marauder head, the legs form the GW Mordheim Dreg, hat is from Wyrd and the body (part of it) is a plaster cast of a Convict gunslinger...

rd3-_011.jpg

Then it was time to "decorate" the room...

rd3-_019.jpg

and after a little painting and a bit more decorating this is the final result:

IP8_R3.jpg

ynaway hope you like (c&c are welcome as always) and most importantly I hope the judges like :)

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to make it to the round 4 of Iron Painter VIII. Only eight of us remaining. Honestly, I didn't expect to get this far and when I see who's left I must admit I was extremely lucky :)

Anyway, the theme for this round is Forbidden

I thought about the theme and decided to go for the classic Romeo and Juliet balcony scene. the "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo" bit...

the first thing I did was "study" a bit of history - so I learned that the Capulet colours are red and yellow (Juliet must have those colours on) and the Montague colours are blue and black (so Romeo must be draped in those colours). Immediately I had in mind the two models I'd use. GW's LOTR Goldberry would be the Juliet while GW' Empire Duelist with some converting would be Romeo.I knew that there is an actual balcony in Verona that is called Juliet's balcony so I downloaded some pics for refference:

verona-juliet-balcony3.jpg

after I studied the scene I decided to make it out of plaster which meant that I had to make the molds. I made them out of styrofoam, balsa wood and ordinary card. in the molds I poured the plaster and let it set for a couple of hours:

IP8_R4_WIP02.JPG

While setting I converted Romeo. I chopped off both his arms and replaced them with suitable ones.

IP8_R4_WIP01.JPG

Once that was done, I had to make a rose to place in Romeo's hand. A contester in the Iron Painter called Death Angel had made a number of roses in her Round 3 entry so I asked her for help. this is her reply to me (for which I am trully gratefull adn believe it could be usefull to others as well):

Hmm roses ahhh... 2 ingredients. Wire and green stuff.

You want to cut the wire longer than you need it, maybe 5cm (around 2 inches) so it's easier to handle. Make a little cone shape (about 2mm high) with a tiny ball of green stuff and shove the wire into the bunt end of it. This forms the middle bunch or tightly wound petals.

For the outer petals, make a tear drop shaped piece of green stuff a little taller than the cone. Make the edges of the wide round edge as thin as you can. Line it up with the cone so it's just above the tip of it, and wrap it around. You want the first one to go a around 2/3 of the way around the cone.

Make a second petal and wrap it around the cone from the other side so it overlaps both edges of the first one.

That's a rose bud and you could stop adding petals there if you want (I did on one of mine). To make it larger, just keep adding petals, do the first one on an edge where the first to meet, then start the next one so it slightly overlaps that one and work your way around.

If you have time, let that dry. If not, keep working. Make a 5 pointed star shape in green stuff. This was the bit I stuggled with the most. I ended up smooshing a ball of green stuff onto a plastic covered board and using a scalpel to cut the shape. Carefully lift it off and stab the wire through the middle sliding it up to the bum of the rose. This is the calyx and should be painted green.

Then it's just a leaf or two if you like. Just make a general leaf shape and wrap one end around the wire then shape the other end how you want it. The detail in the leaves comes from painting them.

Actually, you know what, I took the same basic ideas I used for making flowers for cakes and just simplified them. If you want to see how the cake ladies do it check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c6teAcewmZY

It's the same basic thing, just much much smaller...!

My rose had to be much smaller so instead of using Green Stuff I cut my petals out of paper and bent it as the video shows. It turned out great (as you'll see).

By that time the plaster (casts of the walls) was dry and I could glue it together and paint:

IP8_R4_WIP03.JPG

Then "all" I had to do was to paint the main characters and glue the plants (ivy, grass etc...) and this is the final result:

ForbiddenLove.jpg

now all I have to do is wait to find out if it'll be enough to make it through to the semis...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my effort wasn't good enough to beat my opponent so I'm out. I think I'll join the collony of painters in the ITIC (I think I can) part of the competition for sh*ts and giggles. The theme for Round 5 is It's Alive...

but main focus of my painting will be some Outcast minis I need painted for our upcoming Malifaux tournament Agram Arena Summer 2012...

On my desk there are: Sue, Hans, Male Desp.Merc, Female Desp.Merc, Steampunk Dorothy (I'll use as FK Trapper), Convict Gunslinger, Hamelin (the Non-Master) and McTavish... Bases are almost done. I'll do some adjustments to the paintjob and post results ASAP, although I still need to make a lot of pumpkins...