Puppet Wars Battefoam Bag

Da Big Baws

I am really upset it took so long to develop such a poor looking product. I was excited for this bag and was really let down. The bag needs to hold more puppets! And it needs to hold all 4 puppet decks I purchased so I can play with friends!

I m not a fan of Battlefom...they do not honor their lifetime guarentees. I have a Malifaux bag that has a tear in a seam by the handle and they will not fix it.

I have been holding off for a Battlefoan toy box but I guess its time to make my own

I am really upset it took so long to develop such a poor looking product. I was excited for this bag and was really let down. The bag needs to hold more puppets! And it needs to hold all 4 puppet decks I purchased so I can play with friends!

I m not a fan of Battlefom...they do not honor their lifetime guarentees. I have a Malifaux bag that has a tear in a seam by the handle and they will not fix it.

I have been holding off for a Battlefoan toy box but I guess its time to make my own

They offer only one year guarantee on bags. The lifetime is on the foam. Is your bag over a year old? Maybe that is why they declined fixing/replacing it.

I think the original intent of this bag may have been to only bring pre made armies vice everything (probably a thought inspired by Malifaux more then the Puppet Wars game). I think augmenting with 2 one inch trays vice the 1 two inch tray will help a lot (I actually carry my Whole Puppet Wars game minus board and counters in a hard plastic Chessex case).

I like the concept but think that making it twice the thickness (and making it either 2 one inch trays plus a two inch tray or all one inch trays) would address everyones concerns and make it more of a success.

I was curious to see what Battlefoam would come up with for a Puppet Wars Toybox and I have to say, I'm not impressed.

It holds 23 models, which won't even give you the room for a pawns booster or the multiplayer expansion after adding the 18 models that come with the board game. For someone who intends to buy most, if not all of the puppet wars releases this bag is woefully insufficient for what I want.

I suppose it's okay for taking smaller collections of your chosen puppets for the odd game, and 23 models at least allows you to set up a 2-player "Shoebox" match (ie. 8 puppets plus a Master per side). But it still feels like too little, especially when I can use a C4 to carry more models, or even a PACK mini if I want to pack light.

When the time comes, I'll be piecing together something of my own that's both larger and perhaps most importantly, prettier. :smugpuppet1

Yeah I think its clear they were designing it with the idea that one person would be bringing a premade shoe box or two with them.

I think most Puppet Wars players are buying the game in a more communal board game style. So one person or group is buying everything and just plans to share and do draft rules for most games.

Yeah I think its clear they were designing it with the idea that one person would be bringing a premade shoe box or two with them.

I think most Puppet Wars players are buying the game in a more communal board game style. So one person or group is buying everything and just plans to share and do draft rules for most games.

I think you hit the nail on the head. This is closer to the "boardgame" end of the gaming spectrum than the "tabletop wargame" end. It just happens to involve miniatures and you can choose the pieces you play with.

Any case made for this game would have to have have the ability to carry everything you own for the game. The main box, the multiplayer expansion, all the boosters plus extra spaces for future boosters, limited release models, and multiple copies of boosters (for instance, I own 2 of booster #1).

This is one of the big problems with Puppet Wars currently, people who play and sell Malifaux are assuming it is "Malifaux Light" (which it most definately is not). Unfortunately the packaging doesn't really help showcase the differences.

I think the game is much more enjoyable when each player drafts their armies instead of bringing the premade hotness.

I think that the BF bag looks like a horrible waste of money. The fact that you can't even fit the entire set (ie starter box + all expansions) into it is just a bad design. Add in that it's $40 + shipping and it turns laughable.

The case Karn and I use is the Aquilla 4 case with KRM4T style foam (50 - 40mm L x 25mm W x 23mm D spaces per sheet). Their US site doesn't show it but the bag has a large velcro pocket that easily holds the rules, 4 Puppet Decks, the tokens, and the board. The foam will hold 100 puppets and is soft enough that even the odd shaped ones like Hooded Rider fit perfectly. They charge $50 for it shipped.

Go HERE and choose "Aquilla (PYO Trays)". Enter "KRM4T x2" for tray code and you are good to go. If you have questions email them with what you want and they will sort you out ASAP

*** Awesome Story about KR Multicase Owner ***

My wife bought me an Aquilla 4 at Gen Con this year for my Malifaux army and we bought 1 for all our Puppet Wars stuff that we had just bought. Owner of the company told us $40 for each bag, we pay and go on about our day.

The next day I go to show Karn the bag (now full of puppets) and he wants one. He has to demo PW and doesn't get off until after the dealer room closes. So I offer to go pick it up for him. Go over, ask for another of the bags and the owner tells me it's $50. I give a puzzled look and mention the 2 I bought the previous day and how he only charged us $40, he grabs the price list and shows they are in fact $50. I reach for another $10 out of my wallet when he stops me and says "I told you they where $40 yesterday, they are $40 for you today" hands me the bag and a receipt and sends me on my way.

***End Awesome Story***

Hi guys,

I'm in desperate need of some PW transportation. But I want to carry only a few puppets (say 30 or so) and the board in a small case.

So here my question, will the PW board fit in an KR Aquiala one? I'm sure I could find the answer somewhere on the internet, but if anyone could answer I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Drifter

I think that the BF bag looks like a horrible waste of money. The fact that you can't even fit the entire set (ie starter box + all expansions) into it is just a bad design. Add in that it's $40 + shipping and it turns laughable.

The case Karn and I use is the Aquilla 4 case with KRM4T style foam (50 - 40mm L x 25mm W x 23mm D spaces per sheet). Their US site doesn't show it but the bag has a large velcro pocket that easily holds the rules, 4 Puppet Decks, the tokens, and the board. The foam will hold 100 puppets and is soft enough that even the odd shaped ones like Hooded Rider fit perfectly. They charge $50 for it shipped.

Go HERE and choose "Aquilla (PYO Trays)". Enter "KRM4T x2" for tray code and you are good to go. If you have questions email them with what you want and they will sort you out ASAP

*** Awesome Story about KR Multicase Owner ***

My wife bought me an Aquilla 4 at Gen Con this year for my Malifaux army and we bought 1 for all our Puppet Wars stuff that we had just bought. Owner of the company told us $40 for each bag, we pay and go on about our day.

The next day I go to show Karn the bag (now full of puppets) and he wants one. He has to demo PW and doesn't get off until after the dealer room closes. So I offer to go pick it up for him. Go over, ask for another of the bags and the owner tells me it's $50. I give a puzzled look and mention the 2 I bought the previous day and how he only charged us $40, he grabs the price list and shows they are in fact $50. I reach for another $10 out of my wallet when he stops me and says "I told you they where $40 yesterday, they are $40 for you today" hands me the bag and a receipt and sends me on my way.

***End Awesome Story***

Hi guys,

I'm in desperate need of some PW transportation. But I want to carry only a few puppets (say 30 or so) and the board in a small case.

So here my question, will the PW board fit in an KR Aquiala one? I'm sure I could find the answer somewhere on the internet, but if anyone could answer I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Drifter

Funny how the thread for this product (BF PW Bag) turned into a "How much better the other guys product is" thread along for requests of more info for the other guys product.

I guess no R & D went into this product.

@ Backno - my pic above is of an Acquila4, but I've chosen a pick & pluck half tray to fit cards, tokens, pens, etc.

And yes, Daryl (owner of KR) is a top chap. Once spent ages talking to him about his production facility (he has ap[plied mass production processes to great effect). Mind you, I always end up buying something off him (Kaiser4 just arrived today after the last chat!).

@ Drifter - yes I believe it takes one full size tray so will easily take the board and 50 puppets.

So, with the Black Friday sale the PW bag is $30. This make it more interesting for anyone?

It is kind of tempting at that price, even if it won't hold all the figures.

Can I trade out the one 2" foam tray for two 1" foam ones and does it come with Lucius? If so then a resounding hell yes (matter of fact I'll pay the $40.00).