Outskirts of Malifaux - PIC HEAVY

Demonn Agram

Some more Battle Flag terrain have arrived for my club. and just in time for our big international event Agram Arena Summer (with a Malifaux tournament for the second year running). you can check the announcement here.

DSC_0167_zps5a97756b.jpg

DSC_0175_zpsd9c9675e.jpg

DSC_0169_zps10fcbea7.jpg

DSC_0180_zpsc6e57425.jpg

DSC_0168_zps28c42e0a.jpg

DSC_0179_zps75bfdce6.jpg

really like those terrain. they are excellent quality, easy to assemble and great character pieces for your boards.

(the details on the buildings are not yet glued as they wait to be painted first... but they will be ready for the Malifaux event!)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, I'd also love to see some Malifaux minis next to them to better show the scale.

A big +1 for that.

If possible, please post some close up pics of Ht2 models next to the doors/windows while standing on the deck/floor.

I don't get why the companies don't just do this on their own sites. I can't imagine Wyrd would not give permission; it would create a mutually beneficial advertizing relationship.

as i said, I'll post pics with minis once the buildings are done.

for now, I found the earlier post where I put Kirai and McTavish near other Battle Flag buildings:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?26690-Outskirts-of-Malifaux-PIC-HEAVY&p=473165&viewfull=1#post473165

basicly these are the same scale (just two storey as opposed to the ones in hte link above)...

Thanks for that.

So Sarissa is basically the same as Battleflag? The Battleflag ones look a little small. Even factoring out the base, the door clearance looks low to me, especially in an era that saw a lot of hats.

For most folks this is probably not an isdue; it is a "thing" of mine.

I know what you mean. On my board (and the one I'm building for Figure Painter Magazine) I'm building things to scale.

those ready made terrain (both from sarissa, battleflag and oshiro models) are a bit small and we purchased those for our club (for the tournaments) just to tie our tables to Malifaux fluff... it works quite well...

• 2 weeks later...

assembled the buildings. (I'm at the weekend place right now, and I don't have any minis for refference)

here is the temple:

02_zps2765201d.jpg

then I took the two bigger buildings and cut away the smaller "shed like addition" from each of them. I then glued the two additions together to get another building. The large "hole" in the walls will be filled with three pairs of doors (supplied with the buildings):

01_zpsd3884640.jpg

and that leaves the two buildings (I rearranged the walls for diversity):

03_zpsb280386c.jpg

this week, I'm hoping to have all the buildings finished and will photo them all (with minis for size refference)

Hey, finally finished all the Sarissa and Battle Flag buildings..

Just in time for my clubs annual international tournament

Croatia is now in the EU - no passport needed and there are some spots available! (if you're interested contact me here!)

enough with the shameless selfpromotion - back to the buildings..

just a quick recap - Mexican and Japanese buildings are Sarrisa, while all (but one) western buildings are Battle Flag (the one sarrisa building is the store - singel storey one with the long front side)

DSC_0204_zpsb5226ab8.jpg

DSC_0205_zpsb26d6d17.jpg

DSC_0206_zpsf3d9cd1e.jpg

DSC_0209_zps93d23068.jpg

DSC_0210_zps81ca519a.jpg

DSC_0211_zps33e6b811.jpg

DSC_0208_zps5c4b47b3.jpg

DSC_0207_zpsbf04c6cf.jpg

DSC_0212_zpsc2fc934d.jpg

DSC_0213_zpsf47e69e9.jpg

DSC_0214_zpsede2fcd2.jpg

DSC_0215_zps035b372d.jpg

DSC_0216_zps6e8947cc.jpg

DSC_0217_zps7cab429b.jpg

DSC_0219_zpsc0abb7a4.jpg

obviously the tables won't be packed like that. there'll probably be 2 "themed" pieces per table and the rest will be forrests, hills, rubble, fences etc...

hope you like (and I included a photomodel for size refference as well)

Awesome stuff.

At first glance I thought your CG was wearing a red construction worker helmet. Then I looked at it closer up and saw it was just a top hat. :(

Now I want a construction worker gunslinger. D:

Definitely agree however I didn't see the top hat until you pointed it out. I saw a Lucha Libre wrestling mask instead. Somehow I like that idea even better than a top hat, perhaps now that they are Rare 2 I'll convert up a second one.